Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Playoff avatar slogan? :laugh:

jim_mora_playoffs.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This reminds me of rookie camp when Janko was flirting with her in an interview :laugh:

Sam Bennett was super comfortable in front of the camera all through the draft and the summer. I guess Poirier just doesn't have that confidence yet. Poor guy. He looked like a Calgary Sun Rookie Reporter. :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think we have a new front-runner for Most Nervous Interview of the Year

I think people are forgetting this is just a kid, who is French Canadian (ESL, clearly), and still probably doesn't feel super comfortable in front of the media.

I absolutely love this guy. I constantly bug the GF about him; calling him her namesake and teasing her about the whole francais thing :)

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Playoff avatar slogan? :laugh:

:laugh:

Man, if we can get in to the playoffs despite missing Giordano, I'll be so filled with joy, any avatar slogan will do. But yeah, that would work. I also really like the unsustainable theme.

He looks like he's been in love with Kristin for the longest time and he's speechless now that she's talking to him :laugh:

:laugh:

I don't blame him, she's pretty easy on the eyes. Not Alex Ruiz hot, but still hot.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I got through the first 2 periods and then fell asleep for the 3rd and OT because I was drugged up on cold meds. I thought we had a really good 1st period though and really carried the play. While Gaudreau didn't have his best game, at a lot of times I thought he looked eerily similar to Giroux with how he skates, stops and starts and his stick handling skills.

And did I hear that Engelland played 22 minutes last night? :amazed:

Either way, super glad we picked up 2 points. I still think playoffs are a pipe dream, but man would I be happy to eat some crow.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I got through the first 2 periods and then fell asleep for the 3rd and OT because I was drugged up on cold meds. I thought we had a really good 1st period though and really carried the play. While Gaudreau didn't have his best game, at a lot of times I thought he looked eerily similar to Giroux with how he skates, stops and starts and his stick handling skills.

And did I hear that Engelland played 22 minutes last night? :amazed:

Either way, super glad we picked up 2 points. I still think playoffs are a pipe dream, but man would I be happy to eat some crow.

If we do find our way into the playoffs, we can thank our lucky Giordano's for getting us the tiebreaker over both the Kings and Sharks. :laugh:

It'll be a tough stretch, for sure. 19 games to go now. Even if we're in the fight to the last game of the season and we end up missing, I'll just be grateful for the ride. :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If we do find our way into the playoffs, we can thank our lucky Giordano's for getting us the tiebreaker over both the Kings and Sharks. :laugh:

It'll be a tough stretch, for sure. 19 games to go now. Even if we're in the fight to the last game of the season and we end up missing, I'll just be grateful for the ride. :)

I fully expect us to play some really good hockey over the next 4-5 games. But if we're having to consistently play Engelland, Wideman and Schlemko, all over 20 minutes a night then I think that is eventually going to bite us hard. Also, Ramo has been playing in God mode right now. I think getting that kind of goaltending for the rest of the season from either him or Hiller is going to decide our fate.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
I really hope Schlemko can be a good middle pairing guy while Gio is gone. Does he have any more years left on his contract after this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad