GDT: Tuesday in Nashville: October 14. Where's Johnny #2!

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
this was probably the most entertaining period + 7 minutes of hockey I've seen since sometime last season. It was really open and fun.

Standouts:
Ramo, nothing needs to be said, guy is a thief as is 2nd job.
Colborne. Seemed really fired up this season, like he has a real big chip on his shoulder this season for whatever reason.
Gio-Brodie pairing. DO I even need to word? :P
Monahan was alright, looked strong, confident.
Seto had his best game as a Flame easily. Just needs to pot one and he'll really get it going.

Everyone else was 'meh'

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
this was probably the most entertaining period + 7 minutes of hockey I've seen since sometime last season. It was really open and fun.

Standouts:
Ramo, nothing needs to be said, guy is a thief as is 2nd job.
Colborne. Seemed really fired up this season, like he has a real big chip on his shoulder this season for whatever reason.
Gio-Brodie pairing. DO I even need to word? :P
Monahan was alright, looked strong, confident.
Seto had his best game as a Flame easily. Just needs to pot one and he'll really get it going.

Everyone else was 'meh'

I thought he was very good tonight

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I thought he was very good tonight

Oh I'm sure he was and usually is. I only got to see the 3rd period, and in that period he looked pretty good/alright. Nothing spectacular, but did his job and well. It was just so back and forth for most of that period that it was really hard to keep up with :laugh:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
(SO) CGY 3 - NSH 2: Ramo Steals the Flames Another Win

Another strong outing by Ramo.

Backlund, Brodie, Giordano continue to dominate.

Russell, Monahan and even Setoguchi played a great game.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Just got back from the game. Had a great time. Monahan looks big out there this year compared to when I saw him in Buffalo last year. Ramo was great, the goal Ribeiro scored was such a gift and a fluke.
Stajan looked upset in the third after a quick change took him to the bench.
It was great seeing Gaudreau up close. I think he's trying a bit too hard out there, but he's always hustling.
The third period was really entertaining. I only saw the replay on the reviewed goal, and on the scoreboard it looked like it was a goal. I'll have to read back and see what you all thought. Anyways, had a really good time. I'm going home on Friday and I may stop into Columbus for the game, that would be really cool.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Monahan doesn't really play the power game that Staal has though. Eric is a big boy.

I wouldn't classify Staal as a banger, but he does play more of a power game than Sean. But as Monahan continues to get stronger I think he will physically dominate games like Staal can. He's not there yet obviously, but he has many traits to his game that are similar, he's an imposing center, good on the dot, has a big shot, is a good playmaker, and plays a solid 2-way game. As you said his power game isn't quite at that level right now, but that may change over time. I love Monahan's mix of skill and 2-way play.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I wouldn't classify Staal as a banger, but he does play more of a power game than Sean. But as Monahan continues to get stronger I think he will physically dominate games like Staal can. He's not there yet obviously, but he has many traits to his game that are similar, he's an imposing center, good on the dot, has a big shot, is a good playmaker, and plays a solid 2-way game. As you said his power game isn't quite at that level right now, but that may change over time. I love Monahan's mix of skill and 2-way play.

you just described Logan Couture :sarcasm:

but the point is moot :laugh: soon enough people will be comparing young big-sized centers with 2-way abilities to our Sean :handclap: Once he's completely over the flu he'll be better too, scary.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
you just described Logan Couture :sarcasm:

but the point is moot :laugh: soon enough people will be comparing young big-sized centers with 2-way abilities to our Sean :handclap: Once he's completely over the flu he'll be better too, scary.

Well I guess comparing him to either of those guys is excellent no matter what, I love that kid.

Aug 3, 2010
Honestly, at this point I am hoping Ramo gets about 55-60 starts. He's just looked a little more solid in each and every game and the team responds to his play. The familiarity of building off last season is evident as well.

Nothing against Hiller - I wouldn't mind if he could take on a 40-game workload - but I am not seeing it right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad