Pre-Game Talk: Tues November 19, 2013- 7pm SNO: Islanders @ Maple Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think this game will be a wild one - we generally trade chances with Isles a lot, (which most of the time, the Isles taking advantage of our brain farts at some point). but I feel that the boys will buckle down, and eek out a win, and tie up with Boston again.

go Leafs go! :)

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Our next two games aren't looking easy, especially with our centers situation. Isles coming off a SO win against the Wings. Preds lit up the defending champs yesterday (and will face us after playing the Wings too). I just hope it'll be long enough for them to cool off before coming to the ACC.

Bunch of bologna, there are 82 games in the season and anyone can beat anyone at anytime. I personally don't look into trends because this is a perfect example...it's a Tuesday night game at home against the Islanders..there is nothing to point out. It's just another game on the schedule just like the next one and the next one and the next one. Trends are just a way for people to make up opinions on certain teams when in fact: a last place Oilers team has as much probability of beating a first place Pens team just as the Bruins do. There are no statistics to say otherwise. Who cares if the Preds lit up Detroit. We aren't Detroit and we didn't play Nashville yesterday. Today is a whole new day and whatever the Islanders did last night or the night before doesn't matter just like it doesn't matter what Nashville did to Detroit when we play them on Thursday.

A great example is from Nick Saban the football coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide who has won 3 National Championships in 4 years and is on his way to his 4th championship in 5 years. He said this a few weeks ago.."I try to tell my players to eliminate the outside noise, once we eliminate the outside noise then we can focus on what WE have to do in win the football game." "Players tend to get too involved with the lights and cameras and fans and what people say, when we focus the main points of football and we execute we will win the game."

He is the best coach for that main reason. Eliminate trends from your mind, don't look up stats, don't focus on what other people say, go out and play the best game you can play and you can beat anybody.

P.S As you can tell I hate trends.

Last edited:

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I think this game will be a wild one - we generally trade chances with Isles a lot, (which most of the time, the Isles taking advantage of our brain farts at some point). but I feel that the boys will buckle down, and eek out a win, and tie up with Boston again.

go Leafs go! :)

That would be nice! :)

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Just an update for those that didn't hear/see: Phil expected to play, Bernier to start per TSN 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad