GDT: Tues, Nov 8th 2016 | Detroit Red Wings @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7:00 pm ET | Game #14

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Was at the game last night. Came here with some thoughts...

1) Gudas and Manning were atrocious. I would love to see their advanced stats.
2) Has anyone noticed that over the years our building has ever so slowly become more and more quiet?
3) How about Jimmy Howard huh??
4) Claude Giroux is worth the price of admission.

Also I heard a good story about Simmonds meeting up with "Waynes Warriors" after the game to sign jerseys/talk with all of the vets/currently serving members. They were raving about him and how nice he was, said he's very humble and a generally great guy. Great to hear, #17 is the man.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

2) Has anyone noticed that over the years our building has ever so slowly become more and more quiet?

Also I heard a good story about Simmonds meeting up with "Waynes Warriors" after the game to sign jerseys/talk with all of the vets/currently serving members. They were raving about him and how nice he was, said he's very humble and a generally great guy. Great to hear, #17 is the man.
Why would it be loud there? Boring slow players to watch. Glorified practice with no hitting barely and no intensity at all any game.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Why would it be loud there? Boring slow players to watch. Glorified practice with no hitting barely and no intensity at all any game.

Oh my god hahaha... you have to be trolling now. I'm sorry that we have the 3rd most goals per game in the NHL. I'm sorry that we have the 2nd best power play. I'm sorry that we have the 4th most hits in the NHL. I'm sorry that we have the 4th most blocks in the NHL. And I'm sorry that we have the 2nd most shots per game in the NHL. I'm sorry that we're so boring. I guess Konecny, Voracek, Giroux, Simmonds, Ghost, MDZ and Schenn have no wheels. I'm sorry hatcher. I'm sorry.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Oh my god hahaha... you have to be trolling now. I'm sorry that we have the 3rd most goals per game in the NHL. I'm sorry that we have the 2nd best power play. I'm sorry that we have the 4th most hits in the NHL. I'm sorry that we have the 4th most blocks in the NHL. And I'm sorry that we have the 2nd most shots per game in the NHL. I'm sorry that we're so boring. I guess Konecny, Voracek, Giroux, Simmonds, Ghost, MDZ and Schenn have no wheels. I'm sorry hatcher. I'm sorry.
Love Konecny and Simmonds but the rest will never win anything. I love the flyers but not this group but I gotta watch too see what happens.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Idividually they are all good but as a team It's soft and flat and boring. You guys on this message board are the only ones who like this ****.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The top 6 isn't a problem, and that's not even debatable.

If the Flyers are soft/flat/boring then there isn't an exciting team in the league. It's also funny that the Flyers outplay the "exciting" and "tough" teams like the Kings. :laugh:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It's certainly way more ****ing exciting than last year. The rest will never win anything? Jesus **** man... If we have that many hits and everything, how are we soft? We have this many ****ing goals this year and a great power play (even if we lose), then how are we boring? How is the tempo and fact we have good scoring from our D-men flat and boring? Please, elaborate. Please.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
The top 6 isn't a problem, and that's not even debatable.

If the Flyers are soft/flat/boring then there isn't an exciting team in the league. It's also funny that the Flyers outplay the "exciting" and "tough" teams like the Kings. :laugh:
They wouldnt now and they only had 1 fluky period that coots got afew gimme's.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
It's certainly way more ****ing exciting than last year. The rest will never win anything? Jesus **** man... If we have that many hits and everything, how are we soft? We have this many ****ing goals this year and a great power play (even if we lose), then how are we boring? How is the tempo and fact we have good scoring from our D-men flat and boring? Please, elaborate. Please.
It's not just hits man. Glorified practice thats what it looks like to more and more flyers fans by the day. The short group on here loves it and thats ok.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Glorified practice? And who are these Flyers fans? Facebook fans? The biggest change is that we need to be more stable in net. And when that comes, we'll be winning a lot more games. I want you to explain glorified practice, since that seems to be a staple in your points right now.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Glorified practice? And who are these Flyers fans? Facebook fans? The biggest change is that we need to be more stable in net. And when that comes, we'll be winning a lot more games. I want you to explain glorified practice, since that seems to be a staple in your points right now.
facebook LOL who uses that? Just no inensity in the games ever. Simmonds fight did nothing for the rest of the group either. I'll give you the Redwings are ****ing boring to watch and should never be put on tv LOl.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So what if his fight did nothing? Fighting doesn't guarantee that you're going to generate anything. You may be fired up, but it doesn't matter that much. You also don't fight in practice, so there's that out the window. And how is there no intensity? Konecny alone after missing that open net showed intensity by smashing Adbelkader and Ott, both of which are big hitters themselves. I'm sorry they don't show the intensity of other teams you may like. I don't usually say this lightly, but maybe you should look for another team to root for if you like nothing you see here.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
So what if his fight did nothing? Fighting doesn't guarantee that you're going to generate anything. You may be fired up, but it doesn't matter that much. You also don't fight in practice, so there's that out the window. And how is there no intensity? Konecny alone after missing that open net showed intensity by smashing Adbelkader and Ott, both of which are big hitters themselves. I'm sorry they don't show the intensity of other teams you may like. I don't usually say this lightly, but maybe you should look for another team to root for if you like nothing you see here.
1 guy all night. This team won't win and it shows evey night and it's not just goaltending and D. Fans at the rink don't like this **** either and the boos prove it.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
No I love the Flyers and Hexy will make LA east soon but it takes time. konecny is the one player I wanted along with Werenski first then Provy and Konecny has that it and intensity factor the rest don't have plus NHL skating. Simmonds and Voracek I like too and Gudas and Del Zotto because they all compete even when it isn't there night.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
1 guy all night. This team won't win and it shows evey night and it's not just goaltending and D. Fans at the rink don't like this **** either and the boos prove it.

They are sure as hell showing they can win by goals alone. They need better on the back end and by saying the forwards and even some of the D lack intensity is you just being blinded by your own ignorance. I usually have the game on and I barely hear boos. Do you watch the games for the boos or to see your team win? And of course there's going to be some boos if you lose, but I think if you go for the boos then you're watching and enjoying hockey for all the wrong reasons.

No I love the Flyers and Hexy will make LA east soon but it takes time. konecny is the one player I wanted along with Werenski first then Provy and Konecny has that it and intensity factor the rest don't have plus NHL skating. Simmonds and Voracek I like too and Gudas and Del Zotto because they all compete even when it isn't there night.

You know the Flyers right now have the same amount of points as the Kings in only one more game right? Even though they have a healthy D core, they have almost no offense. You think they're exciting right?

Also, learn how to quote and edit posts. Don't double post to the same thing.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
They are sure as hell showing they can win by goals alone. They need better on the back end and by saying the forwards and even some of the D lack intensity is you just being blinded by your own ignorance. I usually have the game on and I barely hear boos. Do you watch the games for the boos or to see your team win? And of course there's going to be some boos if you lose, but I think if you go for the boos then you're watching and enjoying hockey for all the wrong reasons.

You know the Flyers right now have the same amount of points as the Kings in only one more game right? Even though they have a healthy D core, they have almost no offense. You think they're exciting right?

KIngs have won and changed alot of players but still play the game I like but maybe not you and thats ok. Lets see how we play TO on friday and MINNY on saturday.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

LOL it's just my opinion so why are you mad?LOL

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
KIngs have won and changed alot of players but still play the game I like but maybe not you and thats ok. Lets see how we play TO on friday and MINNY on saturday.

Well hate to break it to you, the Flyers aren't the Kings, nor should they be. The Flyers are who they are. I can tell you why that's a bad thing. Torts and Team USA tried to make a Kings like team to beat Canada, and in turn, they beat no one. The Flyers have their system and the Kings have theirs. We may have a lot of trade and personnel history with the Kings, but we aren't them. And I want the Flyers to be the Flyers, even if the goaltending has been suspect this season.

You're allowed to have your opinion, that's fine. But don't make it out as if it's fact in everything you say. They may not play the game you like, but it doesn't mean they are soft, flat or boring. Even the stats speak for themselves. I'll finish with this, try to be an optimist once and a while, it'll do you good.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Well hate to break it to you, the Flyers aren't the Kings, nor should they be. The Flyers are who they are. I can tell you why that's a bad thing. Torts and Team USA tried to make a Kings like team to beat Canada, and in turn, they beat no one. The Flyers have their system and the Kings have theirs. We may have a lot of trade and personnel history with the Kings, but we aren't them. And I want the Flyers to be the Flyers, even if the goaltending has been suspect this season.
USA have qutters in that group.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Maybe he's confusing 'boooooooooo' with 'Rooooooooooooooooo'.

Since there have been a heck of a lot of 'Roooooooo' chants so far this season! (As well there should be.)

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs

I was also at the game, my dad and I were in disbelief when they announced it was a sellout. There were less people at this game than at the red wings game last week, and I don't recall them announcing that one as a sellout. It wasn't quiet when Simmer one punch dropped Ericsson.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I was also at the game, my dad and I were in disbelief when they announced it was a sellout. There were less people at this game than at the red wings game last week, and I don't recall them announcing that one as a sellout. It wasn't quiet when Simmer one punch dropped Ericsson.

Even the "LETS GO FLYERS" chants aren't as long/loud as they used to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad