Post-Game Talk: Tue., Jan. 7, 2014| Flyers 3 at Devils 2 (OT)

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
That's why I would throw Vinny on the top line as a LW and say deal with it for now. Let Raffl go down with Couts and Downie and be the defensive line.

Read/Couts/Raffl could be a good line, but Vinny can't play LW. :(

I'd like to see them try Jake on the left side some time. I think it could work for him.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Emery was okay tonight. His reduced mobility made some chances more dangerous than they should have been. He's completely a positional goalie and he gets exposed by good puck movement. That being said, Emery used good positioning to stop some dangerous plays, too.

For a fanbase who watched the likes of Leighton and Bryzgalov, we are pretty fortunate to be watching Mason - Emery on sweetheart deals.

Couturier needs to be smacked around a bit to get his mojo back. He and Lecavalier mix like water and more water; they really contribute little at either end of the rink right now.

RJ8812*

Emery is a back-up goalie who has the ability to get hot if he gets consecutive starts

what are people complaining about?

We can't have two Steve Mason's in net

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Just watched a highlight of the OT goal

How fitting that some guy in the first row is wearing a Grossmann jersey. I didn't even know they existed lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 33

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Emery was okay tonight. His reduced mobility made some chances more dangerous than they should have been. He's completely a positional goalie and he gets exposed by good puck movement. That being said, Emery used good positioning to stop some dangerous plays, too.

For a fanbase who watched the likes of Leighton and Bryzgalov, we are pretty fortunate to be watching Mason - Emery on sweetheart deals.

Couturier needs to be smacked around a bit to get his mojo back. He and Lecavalier mix like water and more water; they really contribute little at either end of the rink right now.

Yeah....Coots needs Reader back and Vinny is a shell of what he was in the beginning of the season when he was scoring although his two way play is pretty lame.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah....Coots needs Reader back and Vinny is a shell of what he was in the beginning of the season when he was scoring although his two way play is pretty lame.

Vinnie is still recovering from a fractured vertebrae sustained right after coming back from a serious facial injury. He was very good early in the year, and he will be again when he heals and gets his legs back.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Vinnie is still recovering from a fractured vertebrae sustained right after coming back from a serious facial injury. He was very good early in the year, and he will be again when he heals and gets his legs back.

Yeah the vinny hate is ridiculous, people are just itching to call out mgmt for a "too old, too much, too long" contract.

Truth be told, he's just not 100% right now :shakehead

Also, just realized FreshPerspective's name...Do you realize who asked Snider that question? ****ing Mike Sielski! The beat writer who know less about hockey than Timmy ****-nachos
Turns out Berube is a fine coach, but nah, lets judge him before he gets a chance. What a GOON. :rant:

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009

Don't think that is the right phrase.

And I'm banking that if any player will benefit from the Olympic break, it will be Vinny.

Bummed I missed the game tonight, car died on the way home from work. It's now taken care of, and we won. Good evening overall.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008

At this rate the flyers might break 100pts. Not counting our chickens, but it's fun to project. I think 92pts might get us a playoff spot so we only need to get 56% of our remaining possible points. Not too impossible. 66% gets the flyers to 100 pts.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Also, just realized FreshPerspective's name...Do you realize who asked Snider that question? ****ing Mike Sielski! The beat writer who know less about hockey than Timmy ****-nachos
Turns out Berube is a fine coach, but nah, lets judge him before he gets a chance. What a GOON. :rant:

It's really in honor of this guy......

But seriously has more to do with upper management than Berube...

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
From the AP game recap:

Grossmann had two assists, giving him his second multipoint performance in 427 career NHL games.

That's pretty impressive. You'd think any player who regularly plays ~20 minutes a game for 427 games would have more multiple point games just from dumb luck!

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
That tying goal was a buzz kill, but I'm glad they won it in OT. Grossmann? What? Great vision.

I want Jagr back. He's playing good and he's hilarious.

Also, Downie's got to be injured, right? He just doesn't seem like the same player. I usually don't go to the old "oh, so and so's not playing well, he must be injured", but something does seem off with him.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
good win after being down 1-0 and playing so lousy.

Emery looked very sluggish but made a couple okay shoulder saves.. I am going to the game on Saturday which is the beginning of a back to back.. I dread seeing Emery play against the Lightning.. they would destroy him.

they could catch a break on Saturday. Bishop is hurt. got hurt on Sunday. not sure of the severity. They are going with Lindback. Cedrick Desjardins backs him up.
good win tonight. i was actually worried a bit about tonight. end of a road trip sometimes can have a bit of a letdown. keep finding ways to win.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009
That tying goal was a buzz kill, but I'm glad they won it in OT. Grossmann? What? Great vision.

I want Jagr back. He's playing good and he's hilarious.

Also, Downie's got to be injured, right? He just doesn't seem like the same player. I usually don't go to the old "oh, so and so's not playing well, he must be injured", but something does seem off with him.

Worst case scenario, Downie has moved into Fedoruk territory and won't be re-signed (i.e., a series of serious facial injuries leave him unable to adequately play the hockey anymore)

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Don't think that is the right phrase.

And I'm banking that if any player will benefit from the Olympic break, it will be Vinny.

Bummed I missed the game tonight, car died on the way home from work. It's now taken care of, and we won. Good evening overall.

I was aiming for the blandness and lack of ... ehhh, it's not funny if you have to explain it.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
they could catch a break on Saturday. Bishop is hurt. got hurt on Sunday. not sure of the severity. They are going with Lindback. Cedrick Desjardins backs him up.
good win tonight. i was actually worried a bit about tonight. end of a road trip sometimes can have a bit of a letdown. keep finding ways to win.

Yea we have been escaping the grasp of a lot of good players from injury last few months.

Vinny will be back. He has a fractured vertebrae. That's not a minor injury, physically or mentally.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
It's good to see this team getting back that "never say die" attitude that was so huge in 2011-2012. There were a couple of times last night where it just looked like it wasn't going to be their night, but they stayed with it and got a huge two points, completing the trip with 10 out of a possible 12 points. I'll take that every day of the week.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Giroux didn't have the monster game that I was expecting, but it was a good win nonetheless.

This team looks like it can compete with the best teams

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
It's really in honor of this guy......

But seriously has more to do with upper management than Berube...

But upper management picked berube :shrug

My point is that Snider was right; we've been to the SCF a lot, and we make the playoffs regularly.

I'd rather win the cup the right way, by competing each year, than the Edmonton/****tsburgh route.

And while management & homeraren't flawless, they are far superior to the NYR/Toronto offices at making big moves.

I don't get the hate for trying to win every year... I hate the rumor spreading tweeters

SgtJoseph*

Another Attaboy for Harts ! All the Hartnell hate on here is a JOKE ! The guys got GRIT !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad