Post-Game Talk: Tue., Jan. 7, 2014| Flyers 3 at Devils 2 (OT)

MadFerIt95*

Emery had a pretty solid game tonight, albeit more lucky than good. I was calling for him to be the number 1 Goalie in pre season and am glad I am not the coach of the Flyers

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Schenn admitted in the CSN interview that he was lucky not to be hurt worse because he doesn't wear protective gear under his sweater, and that maybe he should change that.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
What's up with this stomach gash I'm seeing? I only came in with 5 left in the 3rd

Bda-zQzIIAE3Nms.jpg

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Wow, some serious Emery hating in here. The guy's slow, sure, but he gets the job done. He's positionally sound and he battles like hell in net. That right there makes him infinitely better than Leighton and Bryzgalov, so let's get that ******** out of here.

Nobody would have saved either of those goals. Can't blame Emery there. He made some big saves tonight, and he's been making those kinds of saves consistently in his starts (remember the Crosby breakaway?). Yeah, Emery is the least of my concerns.

Brayden Schenn stepping up big time. I'd say it's nice to see some growth in his game, but we saw a similar streak last season, so I don't really know what to expect moving forward. Hopefully he can sustain this pace this time.

Also all joking aside, Grossmann had a great game. Dude is just the definition of steady. Also thought L. Schenn played solid, and it appears he's getting an increased role as time goes on. Just need to cut that dead weight Olympian off of him, and I think he'll be much better.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Right, i'm loving the win and the comebacks lately but....this won't last. We can't keep playing for 20 minutes and winning.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Wow, some serious Emery hating in here. The guy's slow, sure, but he gets the job done. He's positionally sound and he battles like hell in net. That right there makes him infinitely better than Leighton and Bryzgalov, so let's get that ******** out of here.

Nobody would have saved either of those goals. Can't blame Emery there. He made some big saves tonight, and he's been making those kinds of saves consistently in his starts (remember the Crosby breakaway?). Yeah, Emery is the least of my concerns.

Brayden Schenn stepping up big time. I'd say it's nice to see some growth in his game, but we saw a similar streak last season, so I don't really know what to expect moving forward. Hopefully he can sustain this pace this time.

Also all joking aside, Grossmann had a great game. Dude is just the definition of steady. Also thought L. Schenn played solid, and it appears he's getting an increased role as time goes on. Just need to cut that dead weight Olympian off of him, and I think he'll be much better.

Bryz just allowed a goal in which he was screened. Sound familiar.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
good win after being down 1-0 and playing so lousy.

Emery looked very sluggish but made a couple okay shoulder saves.. I am going to the game on Saturday which is the beginning of a back to back.. I dread seeing Emery play against the Lightning.. they would destroy him.

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
The good:
Hartnell - Schenn - Simmonds making things happen; the #1 PP unit

The bad:
The awkward pairing of Lecavalier and Couturier on the 3rd line struggles again

The meh:
Raffl - Giroux - Voracek continue their tepid scoring at ES

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
70.5% chance of playoffs now apparently.

If they go 19-15-5 (which is apparently the most likely result) they end on 91 points with a 95.3% chance of making the playoffs.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It seems like there's always one line carrying us aside from Giroux always scoring. It's odd. Couturier line, Raffl-Giroux line, now the Schenn line. Just odd. They are on fire lately though.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I think the last time the Flyers won a regular season OT game in New Jersey (S. Gagne scored), the Devils scored in the opening minute of that game, too.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The good:
Hartnell - Schenn - Simmonds making things happen; the #1 PP unit

The bad:
The awkward pairing of Lecavalier and Couturier on the 3rd line struggles again

The meh:
Raffl - Giroux - Voracek continue their tepid scoring at ES

That's why I would throw Vinny on the top line as a LW and say deal with it for now. Let Raffl go down with Couts and Downie and be the defensive line.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
good win after being down 1-0 and playing so lousy.

Emery looked very sluggish but made a couple okay shoulder saves.. I am going to the game on Saturday which is the beginning of a back to back.. I dread seeing Emery play against the Lightning.. they would destroy him.

I think Mase will get both home games.

If Emery really struggles down the stretch then they can call up Heeter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad