Post-Game Talk: Tue., Jan. 28, 2014| Red Wings 0 at Flyers 5 (Timonen, LBI, probable for Thursday)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Prohibition has been lifted.

th

INJURY INFORMATION: KIMMO TIMONEN

During the third period, Flyers GM Paul Holmgren gave an injury update on defenseman Kimmo Timonen.

Timonen has a lower-body injury and will not return to the game.

He appeared in just 7:20 of ice-time during the first two periods, taking 17 shifts and recorded an assist on the Flyers' first goal of the night by Scott Hartnell.

Source: Philadelphia Flyers http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=702740

----------
Timonen blocked an Ericsson slap shot from five feet away with 5:48 left in 1st period. Played 8 more shifts before leaving game

Source: John Boruk, CSN https://twitter.com/JohnBorukCSN ...irer [/I][url]https://twitter.com/BroadStBull

--------------------------
STATISTICS

Event summary (stats): http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20132014/ES020797.HTM

OFFICIAL THREE STARS
  • 1. Hartnell
  • 2. Mason
  • 3. Giroux

GAME DAY THREAD

Game Day Thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1591547

Last edited:

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Shutout!

Too bad it couldn't be against a team fielding a full NHL lineup, but hopefully it gets this team going.

We got lucky on a few plays and Detroit hit a bunch of iron, but I liked how the team played overall.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Did they say Mason has four shutouts now against the Red Wings? That would be surprising considering Mason's career thus far and how good the Red Wings used to be.

Positives

-That was a really fun game.

-Gustafsson is awesome.

-Giroux is awesome.

-Mason shutout.

Cons

-Timonen injury. Hopefully that's not serious because that would seriously damage this D more then it is already. He's literally our only consistently good two-way D aside from Gustafsson so that would be not good if we lost him.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The first line (Giroux, Hartnell, & Voracek), Mason, & the third pairing (Gus & Schenn) were my standouts for the night.

Nobody really stuck out in a negative way to me tonight.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Mase needed that.

Props to the Gus Luke pairing and the 4 th line , both fantastic. Once Raffl finally gets with Couts and Read, that will be one of the best third lines in NHL. Get Zac with VV and Hall, and that is a killer bottom 6.

MadFerIt95*

The Flyers-Wings game tonight (The Flyers being the Panda on top)

1320345075_panda_pees_on_other_panda.gif

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
The first line (Giroux, Hartnell, & Voracek), Mason, & the third pairing (Gus & Schenn) were my standouts for the night.

Nobody really stuck out in a negative way to me tonight.

This was probably the best game all season so far.

Schenn looks so much better with Gustafsson instead of Meszaros (not just this game, every game they've played this season) it's unbelievable.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Looking back, I think I know why Harts passed to G on the rush before Claude eventually scored instead of trying for the hatty. He knew it was too cold out to deprive fans of their head gear. Yeah, that's it.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I was too busy to watch the game tonight. But, to my other fellow Flyers fans. Does this win instill in any confidence in us or do you still think we are going to get scraped by Cali and then we realize oh ya, our defense is putrid?

CavemanLawyer

Feb 22, 2006
Ocean City, MD
It has been said for awhile but needs repeating... Don't....****....with.... Schenn/Gus. Both players do exactly what the other lacks and feed off each other perfectly. They are like peanut butter and jelly. Lets Gus do the flash and Schenn do the bread and butter shut down. Means no stupid L. Schenn spin moves and dekes, and no Gus trying to work the body on someone in the slot. Schenn seems to know "If I don't have a clean out, give it to Gus so he can find it" and Gus knows "Play positionally sound and work the stick, if they get by, Luke will clean them out".

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Nice shut out win!

Be prepared to get **** on by these West teams now.

It's still a scary schedule and the West is better, but they aren't as good as people think really. Since the West started out dominating the point distribution in East versus West is like 55 to 45 or something like that last I checked.

Also, pretty much every top team in the West has cooled off to some degree. Chicago has four wins in all of January so far, St. Louis is kind of up and down IIRC, and LA plus Vancouver are doing pretty badly and can't really score any goals for a while now. I'm still scared ****less of Anaheim and San Jose though. Even though I don't think San Jose goes far in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad