Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ended up losing 5-1. :eek:

But they’re ahead half way into the third atm…. Hudson Fasching has his second hat trick in four games.

Is he going to be the next Bunting? I know he had a cup of coffee last year, but let's get him up here. He's big, so maybe everything is coming together for him. Can't hurt. Better than watching the over the hill geritol vets.

Reactions: zerekstar

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Is he going to be the next Bunting? I know he had a cup of coffee last year, but let's get him up here. He's big, so maybe everything is coming together for him. Can't hurt. Better than watching the over the hill geritol vets.
He's a little older and bigger and at this point looks as good as Bunting when he got called up. I wonder if he's staying down to provide some veteran leadership at the AHL level.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Good night for the kids. Would be fantastic if all of Maccelli, Jenik and Sodastrom turn out to be 2nd/3rd line guys and Soda a top four all zones defenseman. They will be perfect to supplement what is coming in.

I mean 15-20g, 40-50p guys.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Good night for the kids. Would be fantastic if all of Maccelli, Jenik and Sodastrom turn out to be 2nd/3rd line guys and Soda a top four all zones defenseman. They will be perfect to supplement what is coming in.

I mean 15-20g, 40-50p guys.
What's coming in?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
For those of you who have been watching the Roadrunners regularly, I’m hoping you can give me an update on how our young defense prospects are doing. It seems the journeymen are getting the call-ups. The Mayos and Dineens. But how are the prospects doing?

Soderstrom, Moser, Kolyachonok, Emberson, and Crotty? I suspect they must be getting big minutes with the older guys called up. How are they handling themselves?

finkelsteinberg

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
For those of you who have been watching the Roadrunners regularly, I’m hoping you can give me an update on how our young defense prospects are doing. It seems the journeymen are getting the call-ups. The Mayos and Dineens. But how are the prospects doing?

Soderstrom, Moser, Kolyachonok, Emberson, and Crotty? I suspect they must be getting big minutes with the older guys called up. How are they handling themselves?

Varady was on GO PHNX podcast a couple of days ago. When asked who was excelling down there he brought up Moser, Kolyachonok and Provolnev. I'm not sure if they brought up Prosvetov or he did. Could also have been someone else but I don't remember now.

Reactions: Grimes

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Varady was on GO PHNX podcast a couple of days ago. When asked who was excelling down there he brought up Moser, Kolyachonok and Provolnev. I'm not sure if they brought up Prosvetov or he did. Could also have been someone else but I don't remember now.

I've watched 3 games so far, and like Varady said in his interview Maccelli has some extremely good skill, kid is a wizard on the PP, should help us a lot, just has to get stronger. And like Finkle said above, Moser has been excellent, and although he hasn't put up many points, Kolyanchonok is quite the skater and should be able to contribute at the NHL level.

Everyone likes McCartney for all the good reasons and why he will be the shining star from the 2020 draft. Moser, I would think could play as soon as next season, he is very good. Emberson will probably need at least 1 more year to round out his game, but I see a really nice stay at home RHD who hits.

Reactions: Grimes

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Crotty is always disappointing when I watch him. I think Emberson is clearly better at the same role. Crotty treats the puck like it's radioactive, usually just clearing it off the glass even if that's not the play. Low event doesn't even begin to describe him.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So realistic scenario, the Coyotes pick 4th overall in 2022 and in 2023.

2022 = Matt Savoie (Barzal comparison)
2023 = Braden Yager (McKinnon comparison)

Pretty impressive group of young players. Look at the lineup 2 years out without any free agents or trades considered. RFAs are signed.

Crouse - SAVOIE - Guenther
Keller - Hayton - Doan
McCartney
- Schmaltz - Jenik
Macelli
- YAGER - Fischer

Chychrun - Soderstrom
Moser
- Timmins
Kolyachonook - Crotty/Emberson

Prosvetov / Thornton

Reactions: Kai Yo T and Grimes

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Maccelli has been absolutely insane! I remember being upset with the moser and doan picks on draft day (I wanted Raty), both are turning out great so far. Just shows what I know

Reactions: lanky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad