Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) - 2018-19 Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Boxscore for the 3-0 win and 3-1 series win.....

TheAHL.com

Adin Hill with back to back 25 save shutouts.

Dylan Strome with an assist and credited for only 2 SOG although it sounded like he should have had 8 or 9.

Roadrunners move on to play the Texas Stars in Round 2 (best of 7). Games 1 and 2 will be in Tucson on Wednesday 5/2 and Friday 5/4.

Round 2 schedule....

Home
Wed. May 02, 2018 - 7:05PM
Fri. May 04, 2018 - 7:05PM

Away
Mon. May 07, 2018 - 7:00PM
Wed. May 09, 2018 - 7:00PM
Fri. May 11, 2018 - 7:00PM

Home
Sun. May 13, 2018 - 7:05PM
Mon. May 14, 2018 - 7:05PM

Last edited:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
How has Crouse looked? I really want him to pan out for us. That mix of size and speed is just too rare to waste.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
still not as cool as White's dad.
Nobody is. I wonder what the deal is with White. He seemed a very effective 4th liner. Why didn’t he get a job? Maybe some underlying injury stuff or some personality issues or something? During the actual games (the stuff us fans see) I thought he was rather effective in a limited role.

Reactions: Lilhoody

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Same. Must be something because he would have been more sticky and versatile than the Hamilton add imo.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Nobody is. I wonder what the deal is with White. He seemed a very effective 4th liner. Why didn’t he get a job? Maybe some underlying injury stuff or some personality issues or something? During the actual games (the stuff us fans see) I thought he was rather effective in a limited role.
He turned 30. That's the kiss of death for bottom 6 players

Reactions: Sthlmyote

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Very nice to see the AHL team trending so positively. For a long time, we just didn't have the depth or talent level (sound familiar??) to establish a good pipeline up for the players that need a little bit of seasoning.

Exciting to see us be able to fill voids internally for the first time in a while. Strome will be up. Crouse and Bunting have incredible chances as injury callups. Capobianco too. Hill looks great. Definitely one of the bigger positives for this franchise to actually have a strong prospect pool.

Congrats to them.

BOGO

Oct 20, 2017
It was a really fun environment. I had not been to a Roadrunners or minor league hockey game since the Coyotes game to town and the old games at Vets were quite a bit different than this atmosphere.

In my opinion the Runners dominated the game. It was like watching the best team in the league against a lottery pick level team. You would think this being the playoffs and their run being on the line that San Jose would have showed up better but they could not get anything done in Tucson. It makes me wonder about the game the Runners lost in San Jose because it seems like it may have been an anamoly.

Crouse and Strome were the only two that stood out to me to having NHL level skill. You could tell when they were on the ice every shift and they were making something happen.

There are a number of quality AHL level players on the team so it makes sense why they are having the season they are. Camper, Peterson, Sislo, Garland and a couple of others all played well and should be regular contributors at this level. I do not have much hope for them beyond that unless it is spot duty.

MacInnis is a big body, reminded me of Hanzal in terms of his stature being bigger than just about everyone else. Hill played solid and made a couple of nice saves, but he did not face nearly as many chances as Bibeau (Barracude goalie) who actually seemed to rebound well considering the way they got shelled Wednesday.

I am looking forward to going to the game next Friday. I have no doubt that the Stars will be a closer fought matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad