Confirmed with Link: Tuch re-signs 7 years x 4.75m

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I figured he'd get a 4m bridge contract this year but locking him up before he becomes worth 5-6m is fantastic. Tuch yeah.

Depends on how he does this season. If he put up similar numbers to 2017-18 then a 2-3 year bridge should be more in the $3-3.5m range imo.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hello VGK fans & fellow hockey fans. Congrats on the magical season & amazing run to the SCF '18. Also congrats on having (former Red Wing draft pick & player) Gerard Gallant as a coach & signing Stastny, 2 great assets in the Knights organization.

That being said, I'm surprised at the reaction in this thread over this 7 yr signing. Not so much the $, though 4.75M is quite a bit for a 1 season sample size, but the term is surprising. I guess GM GMcPhee is a risk taker & divergent thinker, which I can respect, but wow...

If this were Ken Holland our board would be lit up & the thread would be shut down after 10 pages of adverse reactions.

Nothing against Tuch, big, RHS power forward, 22, good rookie year etc. If he isn't putting up 50 pts consistently & being average or better defensively for 4-5 of those years, I'd see this as a fail. Conversely, that should be doable flanking Stastny w/Patches. I see Tuch as the next Chris Stewart, but for VGK's sake, their fans & the NHL I hope I'm wrong. Then again, he could be the next John LeClair, albeit more intense/physical & that'd a good bargain.

How is he defensively? How are his underlying #'s/advanced stats?

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Hello VGK fans & fellow hockey fans. Congrats on the magical season & amazing run to the SCF '18. Also congrats on having (former Red Wing draft pick & player) Gerard Gallant as a coach & signing Stastny, 2 great assets in the Knights organization.

That being said, I'm surprised at the reaction in this thread over this 7 yr signing. Not so much the $, though 4.75M is quite a bit for a 1 season sample size, but the term is surprising. I guess GM GMcPhee is a risk taker & divergent thinker, which I can respect, but wow...

If this were Ken Holland our board would be lit up & the thread would be shut down after 10 pages of adverse reactions.

Nothing against Tuch, big, RHS power forward, 22, good rookie year etc. If he isn't putting up 50 pts consistently & being average or better defensively for 4-5 of those years, I'd see this as a fail. Conversely, that should be doable flanking Stastny w/Patches. I see Tuch as the next Chris Stewart, but for VGK's sake, their fans & the NHL I hope I'm wrong. Then again, he could be the next John LeClair, albeit more intense/physical & that'd a good bargain.

Good post. I think it will pay off but this contract is a gamble.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Worst case scenario they can buy him out after the 2nd year of his new deal for less than 800k cap hit.

50 points would probably cost 5-6m in today's market, more so if you want to eat up 3 years of free agency. Very smart, heady hockey player that loves to stand in the blue paint. He's usually pretty reliable in his own end. Absolute best case scenario he becomes sort of a mix between Blake Wheeler and Mark Stone.

I definitely think he's going to be a star for VGK. Nevermind the 2nd line, Patches-Glass-Tuch could be the top line in 3 years or so.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
He's got one season with 37 points, he's not a game breaker imo. It still is a high value contract, since he is a skilled play maker.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
This signing also signals extreme confidence to me that Karlsson will not return to 40 goal form or perhaps not even 30 this year. With his lack of shooting probably not a bad gamble.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I was honestly shocked to see this, term and $$. I like him as a player and believe he has some upside, but not sure he's going to be top 6 in the next couple of years. I'm happy that there will be one less contract drama to play out next year, though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This signing also signals extreme confidence to me that Karlsson will not return to 40 goal form or perhaps not even 30 this year. With his lack of shooting probably not a bad gamble.

This is more about having an extra million or so for Schmidt's next contract IMO.

I know almost everybody here follows another team but some of us listen to other team's fans a bit too much IMO. It's OK to be excited about many of our players.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Tuchsy shoots, he scores! :thumbu:

There were moments from the season last year where Tuch looked like a dominating force on the ice, future captain of this team. There were other moments (perhaps too many), however, where Tuch was a non-factor who was unable to close the deal.

Let’s hope the call “He shoots. He scores!” becomes a regular thing the next several years.

Good contract for both player and team.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It doesn't signal anything at all about WK. Everything this team does isn't predicated on Wild Bill. He is just one player who happens to be outperforming same point last year.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015

This is a futures contract. It's a gamble to a certain extent. But he's young, he works hard, he fits this scheme and coach, plays a full surface game, showed well in the playoffs last year, and he's big and improving. There's a reasonable chance he ends up being a bargain for Vegas too.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Hey fellas.

What are your thoughts on Tuch long term? Do you expect him to be top 6 next season? Is he much of a physical player? This is for fantasy hockey purposes. Thanks for any insight.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
He's a top six forward on at least 25 teams in the NHL, but there are no slots for him at the moment with VGK. He might still have a pretty good breakout next year if he stays healthy and if Glass or Stephenson can develop some chemistry with him.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hey fellas.

What are your thoughts on Tuch long term? Do you expect him to be top 6 next season? Is he much of a physical player? This is for fantasy hockey purposes. Thanks for any insight.
Tuch suffers from the VGK being just too stacked on the wings. He was also in a pretty bad funk for more or less the last season and a half. But his playoff performance and better fitness has me hopeful that he can be the top 6 player we all thought he could be.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad