TSN's top 40 free agent list

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Sign a goalie to a 1-2 year deal and call it a Summer. Its time to see if the kids are ready.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I highlighted all Flyers players and underlined players who might be worthy of discussing as potential Flyers. Let the discussion begin.

1. Kevin Shattenkirk
2. Alexander Radulov
3. Karl Alzner
4. Justin Williams
5. Nick Bonino
6. Joe Thornton
7. Michael Stone
8. Patrick Marleau
9. Martin Hanzal
10. Sam Gagner
11. Brian Boyle
12. Steve Mason
13. Jaromir Jagr
14. Thomas Vanek
15. Dmitry Kulikov
16. Michael Del Zotto
17. Brendan Smith
18. Radim Vrbata
19. Ryan Miller
20. Andrei Markov
21. Brian Elliott
22. Jordan Weal
23. Kris Versteeg
24. Jonathan Bernier
25. Mike Fisher
26. Mike Condon
27. Daniel Winnik
28. Chris Kunitz
29. Patrick Sharp
30. Cody Franson
31. Matt Hunwick
32. Drew Stafford
33. Trevor Daley
34. Dan Girardi
35. Dennis Wideman
36. Tommy Wingels
37. Roman Polack
38. Tyler Pitlick
39. Dwight King
40. Jared Cowen

Looking at that list of available centers, Hextall should at least explore the market for Filppula. You might be able to get more now than at the deadline.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Looking at that list of available centers, Hextall should at least explore the market for Filppula. You might be able to get more now than at the deadline.

A full year of Filpula vs someone like Weisse is likely the difference between a playoff spot and 10th place. I think it's time to win some games, get the kids in the right habits.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When Gagner is 10th and MDZ is 16th, pickings are slim.
Weal is down low enough to think any bidding war will be more of a skirmish.
There's enough goalies out there that they should have no problem landing one at a decent price.

If we ate half of MacDonald's salary, where would he be on this list?

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
When Gagner is 10th and MDZ is 16th, pickings are slim.
Weal is down low enough to think any bidding war will be more of a skirmish.
There's enough goalies out there that they should have no problem landing one at a decent price.

If we ate half of MacDonald's salary, where would he be on this list?

Vancouver?

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Hopefully Hexy at least kicks the tires on Shattenkirk and Alzner til we find out the price...

Maybe we'll be surprised

edit: I didn't realize Elliott was a Free Agent. I'd go after him instead. He and Mrazek are my top choices for goalies unless we just roll with Neuvy and Stolarz.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hopefully Hexy at least kicks the tires on Shattenkirk and Alzner til we find out the price...

If he is doing that in order to share it with us and give us a laugh, that would be great. The real cost of them is in filling a space we don't need filled, and for that reason any cap hit at all would be wasteful. If we could move Amac or Meat Shield, then it is a different story. We just don't need to add another defenseman (unless we lose at least one of those two, and probably unless we lose the farmer).

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
If we could get Patrick Sharp at a reasonable price that would be absolutely ideal. I know he's not in his prime any more but being ranked 29th in this Free Agent class seems way low, hopefully it is an indication that fewer teams are interested.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Guessing MDZ is gonna end up with a decent deal. 4 yrs at 3-4 per year. Quite a few teams looking for LHD

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Guessing MDZ is gonna end up with a decent deal. 4 yrs at 3-4 per year. Quite a few teams looking for LHD

I doubt it. He's one of those guys who more than likely has a bad rep around the league with NHL people. He'll probably get a smaller prove it contract again.

If I was a betting man I would put money on a guy like Girardi getting a better contract than him. Not that I agree with that but I think that will happen knowing NHL people.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I doubt it. He's one of those guys who more than likely has a bad rep around the league with NHL people. He'll probably get a smaller prove it contract again.

If I was a betting man I would put money on a guy like Girardi getting a better contract than him. Not that I agree with that but I think that will happen knowing NHL people.

His pal seguin may land him a contract with dallas :sarcasm:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So the Flyers have 7 million in cap space and you'd think Hextall will want to save about 2 million heading into the season. If they don't make any other moves to shed salary that leaves about 5 million to sign a goalie, Nolan Patrick, and possibly a winger.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
We have about 9 defensemen better than him already.

Check his WAR.
He is way under the radar.
He never got a fair shake some of it was because of better RHD depth but he was often in Maurice's dig house.
I'd like to keep him but am betting he is gone.
He will be a great bargain pick up for someone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad