TSN Sportscentre - talks to resume

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgyfireman

Feb 25, 2004
Bill Watters just on Calgary radio,it's a slam dunk according to him.A deal has been reached IMO,they're just meeting to hammer out some details.Can't wait for March 5.A 28 game season is awesome,just think,4 months of hockey where every game is huge!! ;)

Phaneuf*

Lol there is no way a deal will get done these bone heads are just getting the fans excited yet again.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
If Bob is optomistic, I am optomistic. He's got the best reputation of any hockey writer in the world.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Weiser Wonder said:
Good news. Especially considering it's a credible source. But now the whole canceling the season BS has me mad. I mean why didn't they meet Wednesday instead of canceling the season.

Probably posturing. But it looks bad on Bettman... another Mickey Mouse move.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Weiser Wonder said:
Good news. Especially considering it's a credible source. But now the whole canceling the season BS has me mad. I mean why didn't they meet Wednesday instead of canceling the season.

Because they wouldnt have gotten anywhere. I really dont think Goodenow would have budged off $49 mil if the season had not been canceled.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Weiser Wonder said:

Because cancelling the season is what is getting the players to come crawling back. Most players didn't think the league had the balls to cancel the season, now that its over, they're starting to realize that they don't have that much bargaining power after all. Saving the season is all the players have going for them right now, if the season is over, they're screwed.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Weiser Wonder said:

Because Bettman and Goodenow are both incompetant and it took a couple of days to get them out of the picture so they could negotiate something that could work.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
maybe this season is canceled. these negotiations could be for next.

They wouldnt be meeting so urgently if that were the case. If they do in fact lose this whole season, I idont think there is any way the players get a $42 mil offer, no to mention I'd think the league would put linkage back on the table. PA sure as hell doesnt want that.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Common sense eventually had to take over, and the players asked the guy driving the bus to move over so they could get to where they needed to go...Bob Goodenow, your license has been revoked...you guessed wrong, Bettman beat you at your own game...The game of hockey will be better without a guy like Goodenow connected to the business side of it all.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
guys check out nhlpa.com... it dampens my optimism a bit because usually you get zero talk when stuff is really happening and not posturing

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
Not you, I love you.

You're my favourite.

Let's cuddle.

GO HOCKEY!

Thats Just wrong. Sick Sick and wrong......Thats why this country is going down the toilet......

Cuddling with leaf fans.....yeesh :badidea: :pout: :loony:

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
They better get a deal done, because I'm getting tired of getting my hopes up and having them trashed. I've been optimistic since right when negotiations were started up again in December right up to the point they made the dreaded official announcement. And when they made it, I was twice as pissed off about it as I would have been had they announced it in January. Especially since they cancelled it right when they were on the verge of hitting common ground. If they don't save the season NOW, with all this new hubbub starting back up, I'm going to be three times as pissed...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad