TSN Sportscentre - talks to resume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

"sides to meet tommrow"

Bob Mckenzie is very optimistic.

He said that he says they have to be close and know where the league will do a deal because he said there is no sense in going to NY and organizing this if there is little hope or if they were not close.

BOB said "The deal (may) be already cooked.. I'm not going to say it's a mere formaility, but this is definatly heading in the right direction"

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
I don't think Bob McKenzie has been wrong for awhile.

He's also been very pessimistic but now thinks a deal will be done.

Please...

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Sportsnet panel agreed that the deal will get done - even Kypreos. Neither side will meet if they think there's even a hint of posturing at this point.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
DownFromNJ said:
I don't think Bob McKenzie has been wrong for awhile.

He's also been very pessimistic but now thinks a deal will be done.

Please...

I think I can speak for everyone when I say "thank you" for your good manners, but "please" what?

Mountain Dude

The only way its going to happen is if the players fold hard, really hard.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
Oh my god the roller coaster never ends does it? :eek: Haven't been to the boards in a couple days now, cuz I was sick of riding it, but I guess its not time to get off quite yet, eh? :banghead:

Crows*

From day one.. I believed deep down that there would be no way in hell they would cancel the season simple because of the reprocutions.

I believed that even after BUttmans press conference.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
This really is the most bizarre thing I've seen.

You guys know in school, when you are in a group and ask someone to finish something, and they screw up, and then you have to finish it yourself? I am really getting that feeling from this. The older players are upset at Goodenow's incompetence, and are looking to have their true views reflected.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Nice to hear. But I can't say I'm too excited about it. It's not that I'm pessimistic, just a little fatigued from all this.

Hopefully the next time they meet they're discussing the little things like arbitration, qualifying offers, draft, etc.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
When the deal is signed with a cap, linkage, 75% RFA resign, no bonuses, I hope McKenzie, Duthie, Miller, and Burke collectively spit on Healy till he dronws.

Maybe for rant eh...

creative giant*

ChiHawks468 said:
I think I can speak for everyone when I say "thank you" for your good manners, but "please" what?

I'm guessing "Please let there be a season"?

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
ChiHawks468 said:
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you...

...it will get done tomorrow! :handclap:

note: i said BY sunday or monday...tomorrow could happen too, but i think it will be at least 48 hours before a deal would get done.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
HABSoluteDMB11 said:
Oh my god the roller coaster never ends does it? :eek: Haven't been to the boards in a couple days now, cuz I was sick of riding it, but I guess its not time to get off quite yet, eh? :banghead:

Its like you get to the spot where they let you off the coaster to leave and then the bar comes crashing back down to keep you on for one more ride.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
ti-vite said:
When the deal is signed with a cap, linkage, 75% RFA resign, no bonuses, I hope McKenzie, Duthie, Miller, and Burke collectively spit on Healy till he dronws.

Maybe for rant eh...

Nah, anything goes tongiht! Well, almost.

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
Seachd said:
Nice to hear. But I can't say I'm too excited about it. It's not that I'm pessimistic, just a little fatigued from all this.

Hopefully the next time they meet they're discussing the little things like arbitration, qualifying offers, draft, etc.
No kidding.

I guess the other thing that weighs on my mind slightly is the whole ESPN thing. I really hope that the owners weren't scared by that and are willing to overlook something like article #7 in order to get a deal done. That could be disaster.

I've liked what I've heard so far, but its tiring getting your hopes up just to be let down or strung along.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Tricolore#20 said:
This really is the most bizarre thing I've seen.

You guys know in school, when you are in a group and ask someone to finish something, and they screw up, and then you have to finish it yourself? I am really getting that feeling from this. The older players are upset at Goodenow's incompetence, and are looking to have their true views reflected.

The saying is " with age comes wisdom"

Another old saying that fits here to " don't kill the goose who lays the golden egg"

Sideshow Bob just about butchered it!

My feeling is the The public backlash against the players had a real hand in this. Normally people like cheering for the little guy, but the players always imagined they were the little guy. The public viewed them as whining sniveling children and public polls were devastatingly agaist them. The reality of losing even more by waiting had to affect this decision as well.

I would be interested in hearing who "really" is behind this charge.

One thing I will say is my view of roenick in all of this really rose as he was one of the players who seemed to be in tune with what teh players needed to do.

Props To JR from this critic

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Apparently the owners were willing to go as high as 45, and they had enough votes to support this. Meaning there were less than the 8 teams needed to veto a deal.

Take this for what it's worth because I don't recall where this came from - sportsnet panel, tsn panel, (HF Boards). Sorry.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I heard the McKenzie piece, and Bob suddenly sounded more optimistic than he ever has.

I have to tell you, I JUMPED. I just cant see a season not happening now. Finally, Bob and I agree on CBA conclusion!!!!!!!!!!! wooohoooo :D

Thank you Bob. Thank you. You made my day.

(hell, even Glen Healy made me happy today, who knew!?!?!?)

and now Bob says both leaders are walking a tight rope and may be in trouble. STOP IT BOB..........your killing me with the good news today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->