TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media (v3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m predicting Noodles take on game 3...

leafs were sloppy and would have lost 8-3 if not for incredible performance by Andersen.

I don’t know about the score but he put them position to win with his first period. The third was a good defensive effort but he was the wall that didn’t break. Great goaltending is paramount to success and they needed it last night.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I don’t know about the score but he put them position to win with his first period. The third was a good defensive effort but he was the wall that didn’t break. Great goaltending is paramount to success and they needed it last night.
No doubt Freddy was great.

My point was noodles won’t give the leafs any credit, except for Freddy.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
noodles terrible takes will be in fine form today. Ive actually cut down my listening to overdrive purely due to noodles, he is a joke and has been for years when it comes to the leafs. He says he isn't a fan of any team, he should say I love all the teams except the leafs

Reactions: phillipmike

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
O Dog predicted Boston will win the series in 4 or 5 games.

**** you O Dog
To be fair the team is playing a lot different than they have all year. You can count on one hand the number of times they finished a check in the regular season. This past week, other than Matthews and Nylander everyone is engaged and playing playoff hockey.
I predicted the Leafs in 6 because Boston is not a physical or tough team either. I thought they would be more dominant then they have and would control the series.
Having said that, I don’t feel as comfortable in my prediction as did before the series.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
O Dog predicted Boston will win the series in 4 or 5 games.

**** you O Dog
I still don't get why so many people assumed this... We took Boston to game 7 last year while Freddy played terrible, as well as Matthews/Nylander. Also we didn't even have Tavares or Muzzin.

Yes they played like shit down the stretch, but they also never had anywhere near a healthy roster. Like O'Dogs reasoning is that they gave up 5/6 goals against Montreal their last game. 3 of the Leafs regular D-men were sitting, and it was meaningless game, why would you look at that game to make a judgement on how the playoff series would go.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I still don't get why so many people assumed this... We took Boston to game 7 last year while Freddy played terrible, as well as Matthews/Nylander. Also we didn't even have Tavares or Muzzin.

Yes they played like **** down the stretch, but they also never had anywhere near a healthy roster. Like O'Dogs reasoning is that they gave up 5/6 goals against Montreal their last game. 3 of the Leafs regular D-men were sitting, and it was meaningless game, why would you look at that game to make a judgement on how the playoff series would go.

They were hovering around 500 in 2019, Andersen wasn’t playing great, Matthews had 17 goals in 41 games and was minus 20, they were 8 and 17 against the top 10 defensive teams, and they misjudged Boston has some powerhouse juggernaut

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
They were hovering around 500 in 2019, Andersen wasn’t playing great, Matthews had 17 goals in 41 games and was minus 20, they were 8 and 17 against the top 10 defensive teams, and they misjudged Boston has some powerhouse juggernaut
Yeah but again, they really didn't have much to play for at that point, the playoffs are a different beast. Boston was hot for a part of the second half, but the Leafs were hot as well in the first half.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Noodles today

Without Andersen the Leafs aren't winning that game last night. They're just giving up too many chances for my liking.

Anyone that watched the game would draw that conclusion. Especially if Boston scored on those early chances.
But that can be said about almost every playoff game.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Noodles today

Without Andersen the Leafs aren't winning that game last night. They're just giving up too many chances for my liking.
Noodles is an idiot but that's not a hot take at all. Andersen has saved their ass multiple times. The Pasta open in front of the net was a big one, as well as the "poke" check in the final 5 of the third.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Noodles is an idiot but that's not a hot take at all. Andersen has saved their ass multiple times. The Pasta open in front of the net was a big one, as well as the "poke" check in the final 5 of the third.

That's the story for 90% of teams on the winning end though.

Noodles will never look at what the other team is letting the Leafs do, just what the Leafs let the other team do.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

The save Rask made on Tavares was the best of the game. Rask played as well as Freddy did.

Both goaltenders have played well so far. The Leafs are winning because they were better (by enough of a margin) in games 1 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia