TSN Overdrive and other Toronto Sports Media (v3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Hope they smarten up and just fire Noodles. Has no hockey knowledge outside of goaltending. Adds nothing to the show.

Just add an anti leaf radio guy in place of him instead of this fool who claims be a realist, his fakeness to lie about his real feelings about the leafs are annoying. Brings the show down.

I actually enjoy listening to him when discussing hockey.

The issue is, his takes on the Leafs are too forcefully contrarian.

Also - he's got no backbone. You are a radio talent for a sports show for the biggest sports market in Canada. You need to be able to interact here and there with fans.

I got blocked yesterday by him, WHILE ON AIR, when I tweeted him asking him if he thought the team didnt deserve more credit than he was coming across?

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I got blocked yesterday by him, WHILE ON AIR, when I tweeted him asking him if he thought the team didnt deserve more credit than he was coming across?

simply that? then that's just redonk.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
After the Leafs won Game 1 did anyone else see Bob McKenzie mention how it was just the first game, which we all know it was. Still with all the talk going into the series how the Bruins were so much better if the Leafs had lost instead of winning, does anyone else think McKenzie and the others on the TSN panel might have declared the series over after one game?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Of course Craig Button thinks Kadri will be suspended, but last night he didn't think Kucherov would be suspened and only changed his opinion after it came out he was getting a hearing. I said it before about him and I will say it again, he's the worst personality working at TSN.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I mean, Mangiapane is a European name and not exactly one that rolls off the tongue to someone who isnt Italian.
Neither do any of the other euro names but they at least make an effort. Mangiapane is being savaged to no end.
Its actually easier to pronounce it the proper way than some of the soundbites I've heard so far.
Maan-ja-pa-neh

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
What a piece of ****.

This guy should never ever get to call players rats etc.
This was a pretty infamous play. Noodles has no business calling anyone dirty. No better than walking up beside someone and sucker punching them in the jaw. That incident is the reason why I cant take him seriously tbh.

Reactions: Walshy7

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Holy f*** is Leafs Lunch terrible to listen to right now. Hosts so wound up shitting on Kadri he can hardly form his sentences. Turning this shit off. Kadri was wrong, but I am not tuning into this shit to listen to them drip shit on out guy all show.

God I hate Button

Last edited:
Reactions: MapleLeafs77

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
What a piece of ****.

This guy should never ever get to call players rats etc.

Such an overreaction, yeah he's a "piece of ****" He got carried away a long time ago, he made a mistake, he apologized for it, it's not like the play holds up as an all time bad cheap shot and Johan Franzen himself was no saint to play against. Relax. There's a dozen worse plays than that every season, things get heated and lines get crossed to call someone a "piece of ****" because of it is such a classic internet move.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
he brags all the time about how easily he blocks people. Guy is incredibly thin skinned, for someone who acts so laidback.

If i was a media person, I'd probably block most fans too. Too many fans think there is actually value in what they have to say, when, in truth, dealing with them is simply a waste of time.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
he brags all the time about how easily he blocks people. Guy is incredibly thin skinned, for someone who acts so laidback.

Again I mean, you just called him a "piece of ****" for a decade plus old infraction, someone just last page said he needs to get hit by a bus for dumping on the Leafs. Do you realize the kind of absolutely moronic comments he probably gets every day on Twitter? Cause you should.

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Such an overreaction, yeah he's a "piece of ****" He got carried away a long time ago, he made a mistake, he apologized for it, it's not like the play holds up as an all time bad cheap shot and Johan Franzen himself was no saint to play against. Relax. There's a dozen worse plays than that every season, things get heated and lines get crossed to call someone a "piece of ****" because of it is such a classic internet move.

Noodles once said, “if I had known that was gonna be my last play, the guy would STILL be laying there.” I thought that was a pretty good line.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
When discussing some guy that almost tripped Tiger Woods on the golf course, Hayes just said, if Tiger was hurt the guy would be put in the prison ( I assume he means the Pit) Bane escaped from in the Dark Knight Rises.
Really? Noodles never said a word, although I’m sure he chuckled to himself.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Not a fan of these shows down at the rink. Sound is awful and music in background is beyond distracting

Reactions: OddyOh

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
O Dog is hilarious, Hayes went to a BD party during The Masters and he's says he's "minus 38 at the No Balls Open"

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
If i was a media person, I'd probably block most fans too. Too many fans think there is actually value in what they have to say, when, in truth, dealing with them is simply a waste of time.
So Noodles is so smart that his opinions are above critique? The same guy that said Raycroft was outstanding as a Leaf and that people who don't want goalies to play back to back don't understand the game?

There are a lot of people in the media who say stupid things and deserve criticism and should have the balls to accept it or defend their opinion. Noodles isn't doing this for free, he's getting paid lots of money and defending him for blocking people for anything remotely negative that challenges him on something is ridiculous.

Reactions: Zrinski

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
I’m predicting Noodles take on game 3...

leafs were sloppy and would have lost 8-3 if not for incredible performance by Andersen.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So Noodles is so smart that his opinions are above critique? The same guy that said Raycroft was outstanding as a Leaf and that people who don't want goalies to play back to back don't understand the game?

There are a lot of people in the media who say stupid things and deserve criticism and should have the balls to accept it or defend their opinion. Noodles isn't doing this for free, he's getting paid lots of money and defending him for blocking people for anything remotely negative that challenges him on something is ridiculous.

But it’s his account. If you wish to criticize, perhaps find your own forum and media. Even if you did he doesn’t have to listen or respond, just like you don’t have to listen to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad