Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
i watched That's Hockey this morning.
Dave Reid has Eller centering our 4th line. LOL
What a joke.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You know what some people here are getting REALLY skilled at? *****ing and whining about anything. It's sad, really. This interview is as fine as it gets.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
What a joke.

Well, if they moved Galchenyuk to center without trading a center, Eller would be the 4th best C on the team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You know what some people here are getting REALLY skilled at? *****ing and whining about anything. It's sad, really. This interview is as fine as it gets.

But you're *****ing and whining about *****ing and whining.

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

You need to start with a good scowl:

SANDCASTLES.png

And get the right shirt:

no_more_anti_nuclear_protest_slogan_t_shirt-re49d8e2bd2a848beb50fe9d5ba154fd2_iq3el_512.jpg

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Looks pimpish with that beard...love it

He's great for our club. Has a vision and is acting on it. Build from the draft and don't blow your load in free agency.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, if they moved Galchenyuk to center without trading a center, Eller would be the 4th best C on the team.

Ummm noooo...
MM is better than Eller :sarcasm:
Seriously if Chucky takes on the 1C how does that make DD a better option than Eller?
DD will have just lost his only role on the team.
You would take your top PO forward and bury him on a 4th line:help::shakehead

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa

No one is complaining about the interview, were just facetiously admiring Bergy's skills in not revealing his hand in 'exclusive' extended one on one's. ;)

Mind you if your asked vanilla questions your going to get vanilla answers. The only part where Bob pushed back was on the 3 goalies and waiver deal other then that he responded to Bergy's answers with 'Absolutely' and 'Awesome'.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Full speed ahead is what I got from the interview, Marc Bergevin is no "Negative Nellie" that's for damn sure! Looking forward to a great season, once again, the new and improved(Balanced) Habs are coming. It's all in the interview, the Habs are going to be more of a puck possession team, it was obvious when Gorges was moved and Gilbert & Weaver signed. Beaulieu, Pateryn & Nygren all play puck possession, but can they also play defence is the question?:nod:

morgan_mtl

Apr 1, 2008
Montreal
Great interview. Thank you!

He does tell much more than with l'Antichambre.
I guess he is asking better questions...

I think it more so that Bob treated the interview in a more professional matter with a little humour reserved for the end. The group at l'Antichambre treated it like he was a friend and they were at a bar talking. Not saying that MB felt disrepected but he did not seem to find that clip funny.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
L'Anti-chambre interview was more interesting.

I agree.

Said they sent Dudley watch Sekac play...he called back after 1 period.(!). Get it done.

Had a sit down with Bourque. Told him he would not make a trade and to get going.

Same with Eller, made sure he knew he's a power player with talent and not the other way around.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
Well Pateryn is RHD and is also our best d-men in AHL.

He went from 12 points in his first AGL season to 34 points.
Who would have expected him to be our best offensive d-men after 2012-13 season?
He had 8 goals and 7 points more than Beaulieu...

Removing St-Pierre, Leblanc and Blunden, you have Andrighetto, Dumont, Pateryn, Thomas and Beaulieu.

One of Nygren and Pateryn will replace Weaver next season.

Pateryn shouldn't and won't be traded. He'll come up next season as Weaver's replacement on the right. As others have mentioned he isn't directly competing with Tinordi/Beaulieu for a spot.

Pateryn is a keeper. He'll replace Weaver next season, and every single problem on our D-corps size will be solved for a while with a top-6 of Markov, Subban, Emelin, Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu

Yes I understand that we all look highly on Pateryn as a prospect because that's what Habs fans do with our prospects but you are all missing my point.

What motivation does Bergivin have to keep mentioning him when he wasn't even asked about him? Unless it's already established that Patteryn is going to make the team right off the bat and he's just stating the obvious, mentioning him doesn't really serve a purpose and Bergevin's too smart to just mention him without a real purpose.

Pateryn has value to us and he may have more value to another team. If someone is willing to overpay for anyone, let alone a prospect Bergevin has to seriously consider it. What if Pateryn can be packaged to get us a legit 1st line right winger ahead of Gallagher? I am speculating that Bergevin is looking to create interest in Pateryn to improve somewhere else.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
What a joke.

He said that inserting Galchenyuk into centre created depth and that "the fourth line centre could be Eller if Galchenyuk is inserted into the third line ahead of him".

"could be Eller"
"if Galchenyuk is inserted into the third line"

That's not calling Eller the fourth line centre it's calling the four best centres DD, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Eller and declaring it a good position to be in.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He said that inserting Galchenyuk into centre created depth and that "the fourth line centre could be Eller if Galchenyuk is inserted into the third line ahead of him".

"could be Eller"
"if Galchenyuk is inserted into the third line"

That's not calling Eller the fourth line centre it's calling the four best centres DD, Plekanec, Galchenyuk, Eller and declaring it a good position to be in.

I did catch that but still found it laughable.
Eller is a far better "C" than DD when the going gets tough.
The whole Galchenyuk at C issue isn't for no reason.
I think management has targeted the middle as an area for upgrade.
I know many fans have.
I don't agree with Reid that we are in an enviable position.
It just says we have too many warm bodies around.
One of Eller Plecks or DD have to go and Eller is not my choice.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I agree.

Said they sent Dudley watch Sekac play...he called back after 1 period.(!). Get it done.

Had a sit down with Bourque. Told him he would not make a trade and to get going.

Same with Eller, made sure he knew he's a power player with talent and not the other way around.

Bobby Mac looked a bit star struck. Nice interview anyways.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
One thing that I noticed is that when he's asked about the role of Beaulieu and Tinordi, he specifically has to bring up Pateryn to say that he is also in that group. This is the second time I've heard him mention Pateryn in this situation. This leads me to believe that he is trying to up Pateryn's stock for trade bait.

I don't see how Bergevin's comment could enhance Pateryn's trade value. What it might achieve is to please Pateryn if he hears about it.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
What motivation does Bergivin have to keep mentioning him when he wasn't even asked about him? Unless it's already established that Patteryn is going to make the team right off the bat and he's just stating the obvious, mentioning him doesn't really serve a purpose and Bergevin's too smart to just mention him without a real purpose.

I don't see how Bergevin's comment could enhance Pateryn's trade value. What it might achieve is to please Pateryn if he hears about it.

That is my point. I don't think Bergevin would want to compliment Pateryn as it might get to his head unless there was some other purpose. Managing a player's psyche is Therrien's job, not Bergevin's. Judging by Bergevin's treatment of other players, he doesn't compliment anybody for the heck of it. His mantra for prospects is 'they will make the decision for us' meaning he let's their game do their talking.

Of course it could increase Pateryn's trade value if Bergevin mentions him. Team's that are looking for a young and cheap defensive prospect may give Pateryn a second look when they may otherwise might not have. I'm speculating that's what Bergevin is hoping for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad