TSN Bob McKenzie full interview with Marc Bergevin

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa
Other then leaking the Chucky playing center experiment its quite a skill to be interviewed for 16 minutes and reveal nothing new. Wash Rinse Repeat ;)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Man he's so skilled at not say anything, and Bob's so skilled at not asking anything. It's like a vacuum of information.

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
Man he's so skilled at not say anything, and Bob's so skilled at not asking anything. It's like a vacuum of information.

And yet I still enjoy it...? I don't know what that says. I guess that I miss hockey.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008

Thats why you need sh** stirrers like Tony Marinaro doing interviews. Everyone hates on the guy but he's never boring.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Thats why you need sh** stirrers like Tony Marinaro doing interviews. Everyone hates on the guy but he's never boring.
I'd rather not listen to Tony's fat nostrils struggle to breath in and out while he asks the most inane and insulting questions and shills pasta sauce every fifteen minutes.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
One thing that I noticed is that when he's asked about the role of Beaulieu and Tinordi, he specifically has to bring up Pateryn to say that he is also in that group. This is the second time I've heard him mention Pateryn in this situation. This leads me to believe that he is trying to up Pateryn's stock for trade bait.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
The last 15 seconds were incredibly awkward.
Seems to me like a message...

Question is: Who among those GM said that Bergevin is a clown?

Burke/Treveling, McTavish/Lowe, Shanahan/Nonis, Linden/Benning, Melnik/Murray, Cheveldayoff?

I never saw Bergevin shooting at other GMs...

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
One thing that I noticed is that when he's asked about the role of Beaulieu and Tinordi, he specifically has to bring up Pateryn to say that he is also in that group. This is the second time I've heard him mention Pateryn in this situation. This leads me to believe that he is trying to up Pateryn's stock for trade bait.
Well Pateryn is RHD and is also our best d-men in AHL.

He went from 12 points in his first AGL season to 34 points.
Who would have expected him to be our best offensive d-men after 2012-13 season?
He had 8 goals and 7 points more than Beaulieu...

Removing St-Pierre, Leblanc and Blunden, you have Andrighetto, Dumont, Pateryn, Thomas and Beaulieu.

One of Nygren and Pateryn will replace Weaver next season.

Last edited:

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Well Pateryn is RHD and is also our best d-men in AHL.

He went from 12 points in his first AGL season to 34 points.
Who would have expected him to be our best offensive d-men after 2012-13 season?
He had 8 goals and 7 points more than Beaulieu...

While playing 11 more games, and not having to make trips between the AHL and the NHL has often. :help:

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
While playing 11 more games, and not having to make trips between the AHL and the NHL has often. :help:
So how about ppg?

So you are saying that Beaulieu is much better than Pateryn?
Well one was in PO as LHD and the other one did not see much time.

But I keep remembering Bergevin naming him many times!

I am just saying that Pateryn did better than Beaulieu in offence.
That was not expected after last season.

I do not see Pateryn competing with Beaulieu as he is a RHD.

You have to choose a bottom-6 d-men to play on the right:
Who do you choose Beaulieu or Pateryn?

Now, two years from now, who will be top-4: Beaulieu will probably be the one.

But you have to look at RHD...
At this point, Pateryn or Nygren are the one to take Weaver and Gilbert spots...

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

If a man doesn't ask a question and the other man didn't answer, does it means the hockey season is just around the corner?

Hell yeah! :yo:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

Pateryn shouldn't and won't be traded. He'll come up next season as Weaver's replacement on the right. As others have mentioned he isn't directly competing with Tinordi/Beaulieu for a spot.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Bergevin is too well spoken... Been a fan of him after the "who?" moment when he was first hired. It's good and bad though, as leaks basically nothing.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Pateryn is a keeper. He'll replace Weaver next season, and every single problem on our D-corps size will be solved for a while with a top-6 of Markov, Subban, Emelin, Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pateryn is a keeper. He'll replace Weaver next season, and every single problem on our D-corps size will be solved for a while with a top-6 of Markov, Subban, Emelin, Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu

4 LD I don't want to see Tin Man/Bollie on their wrong side if I can help it.
We all saw how that worked out with Emelin.
I think when the kids are ready Emelin gets moved.
Greg is really close and when he arrives it will be full time and for good.
I'm curious as to how close Nygren is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad