Speculation: TSN and Sportsnet are sellouts to the Nhl possibly.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No conspiracy here folks - they reviewed the play, no definitive angle to overturn other than circumstantial (pad sliding the puck out possibly).
How do you say this. People have issues these days i tell ya. Post #415 on page 14 of the game day thread has the video of the puck going in. Amateurs can get that angle but the review department of the nhl reffing can’t. They screwed us

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
They glaze the game all over TSN and sportsnet. They are scuzzy networks it official. Canceling them from getting money is the only talk they hear. Both canceled:)

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
When looking for the replay of the goal they stole from us,neither network touched it with a ten foot pole. It’s nowhere to be seen or mentioned on either network. The goal was clearly in and listed with video proof in post #415 page 14 of the GDT.

How can a network not have that video released to the public? Are they controlled by the Nhl to not release this. They are deciding what news to give us by looks of it. Scumbags corporations dictating what news we get is getting on my last nerve. I’ll check in the morning but doubt they will show we got ripped off a goal.

I will reserve judgement until then. Looks shady them not reporting the news
There's nothing that shows the puck in the net while play was on going.

Facts, not feelings.

Reactions: LeafsRus and Cams

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
How do you say this. People have issues these days i tell ya. Post #415 on page 14 of the game day thread has the video of the puck going in. Amateurs can get that angle but the review department of the nhl reffing can’t. They screwed us
There's no evidence.

No matter how much you want there to be.

Reactions: Cams

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
does anyone have this video? tried looking for it on the game day thread but the posting numbers from a live thread make it nearly impossible to find ....
Don't waste your time.
If you see it, take a look.

But there is no conclusive angle that this puck was in.
No matter how much people want there to be.

Reactions: Cams

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yup and easy to see from the video review it was in.

One angle on the side view you can see it hit him and then the inside of the net.

Another angle from above shows it roll down and in against the net...

At about 19.5 seconds you can see the puck flop down.

Then at the end Holtby pulls it out of the net lol. What else do you need.

Many Leaf fans will say Leafs didnt deserve to win despite them dominating big stretches of the game... they didn't bury their chances. I can't argue that.

Still once they didnt count that goal ... you knew the "feel" good story was coming for the Canucks.

19.5 seconds into a 10 second video?

So if I watch it a second time, it's different?

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well, you can't.
I posted several times in this thread that the video posted in the game day thread clearly shows the puck goung in off holtbys a$$. That post in on PAGE 14 POST # 415 . Its not for the blind or prejudiced
Very conclusive and when a refs is standing there watching the goalie kicking at the puck to try getting it out anyone that doesn’t comprehend that has other issues

Reactions: BayStBullies

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I posted several times in this thread that the video posted in the game day thread clearly shows the puck goung in off holtbys a$$. That post in on PAGE 14 POST # 415 . Its not for the blind or prejudiced
Sorry to hurt your feelings but there is nothing that shows, conclusively, that the puck crossed the line before the whistle.

There is no video or picture that shows it. So what you posted and/or looked at was simply you hoping it was in.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
That puck was in

This play just highlights how far behind the league is in terms of goal line technology.

NHL is a joke in so many ways.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry to hurt your feelings but there is nothing that shows, conclusively, that the puck crossed the line before the whistle.

There is no video or picture that shows it. So what you posted and/or looked at was simply you hoping it was in.
There is a expression that applies here which says, “you can lead a horse to water,but you can’t make him drink”. My wise mom knows. Has nothing to do with feeling bud, it’s a other sense you are missing called sight

Reactions: BayStBullies

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
There is a expression that applies here which says, “you can lead a horse to water,but you can’t make him drink”. My wise mom knows. Has nothing to do with feeling bud, it’s a other sense you are missing called sight
Well the issue is, there is no clear evidence that he puck was in the net.

So it makes every point you're trying to make, moot.

You can keep posting and I will keep telling you the same thing.

Maybe I should try it this way: if there was clear evidence the puck was in the net, it would've counted.

I'll hang up and wait for your incorrect response.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The puck was in, there is no doubt in my mind about that at all.

I haven't seen a single video, where you actually can see the puck, over the line though. The video shows it looks like it probably over the line, but in no video, is there anything showing the puck itself, over the line.

Unfortunately, they made the call, that they had to make, with the lack of real evidence available..... you actually have to physically see the puck over the line... and you can't... even though it looks like it should have.

We need a Hockey version of VAR goal line technology. A chip, or something in the puck, that sets off the goal light, when it's crossed. Forget about judgement, or video review, just make this an indisputable process. We have the technology, it's pretty easy actually.

Reactions: al secord

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
it was definitely a goal. Common sense dictates that, there's no evidence to overturn - if you look at that video and tell me you see a definitively see a puck going over the line, you're using fanbase bias to make the decision. Let it go.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The puck was in, there is no doubt in my mind about that at all.

I haven't seen a single video, where you actually can see the puck, over the line though. The video shows it looks like it probably over the line, but in no video, is there anything showing the puck itself, over the line.

Unfortunately, they made the call, that they had to make, with the lack of real evidence available..... you actually have to physically see the puck over the line... and you can't... even though it looks like it should have.

We need a Hockey version of VAR goal line technology. A chip, or something in the puck, that sets off the goal light, when it's crossed. Forget about judgement, or video review, just make this an indisputable process. We have the technology, it's pretty easy actually.
Holtby was dragging the puck out with his foot. Wtf everyone seen it

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON

There was no conclusive evidence that you could visually see the puck over the line. Just like in court, circumstantial evidence isn't enough. It's not like this is the first time this has happened with replays in hockey, and just so you know - it's also happened to other teams.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
He has a issue with reality that it was in! Don’t you find that strange? I do

Everyone one will have different opinions on this.

The fact is if a ref right beside the net can't make a call... then reviews it and still gets it wrong... maybe the NHL should think about implementing some different ways so its harder to mess up. A better camera in the net maybe... I don't know.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Everyone saw the puck? Or the Holtby motion? The motion isn't conclusive evidence by the rules. I believe the puck was in the net... but I don't see anything, SHOWING the puck itself, in the net.

Can you please post a link to the outrage, by anyone in the Leafs organization, about this non-goal? I mean, they know the rules, and while this sucks, it's the way it is.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Everyone one will have different opinions on this.

The fact is if a ref right beside the net can't make a call... then reviews it and still gets it wrong... maybe the NHL should think about implementing some different ways so its harder to mess up. A better camera in the net maybe... I don't know.

Some type of chip, or technology that triggers a signal off, when the puck goes over a line. It shouldn't be hard at all.

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
Serious question. And screw the puck has to be back die hards. If the puck is that hard to see why not just make it bright orange so it's clear as day it's inside. I'm 99% sure I see the puck go in. Not it has to be there because it was fished out. You see what looks like a puck in a frame before it's covered. The thing is. It's a round puck that blends in with everything else. Why not just make it a different color that can't be used on any equipment so when you see that color you know exactly in its the puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad