Speculation: TSN and Sportsnet are sellouts to the Nhl possibly.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
When looking for the replay of the goal they stole from us,neither network touched it with a ten foot pole. It’s nowhere to be seen or mentioned on either network. The goal was clearly in and listed with video proof in post #415 page 14 of the GDT.

How can a network not have that video released to the public? Are they controlled by the Nhl to not release this. They are deciding what news to give us by looks of it. Scumbags corporations dictating what news we get is getting on my last nerve. I’ll check in the morning but doubt they will show we got ripped off a goal.

I will reserve judgement until then. Looks shady them not reporting the news

Sportsnet has purposely neglected to put up the video of 1 Holtby dragging the puck out with his foot 2 the angle they have live of it going in off Holtby’s butt. They are holding it back and have cut it out of the game highlights video also.

The GDT POST #415 PAGE#14. HAS Conclusive view of the goal going in. The ref watched Holtby kick it out also. Game fixing

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The league has different camera angles that the major networks don't. That goal was in but wasn't conclusive. I do agree though that TSN and SN certainly go out of their way to not shit on the league and its officials. That's why people like Odog, he doesnt hold his tongue. Again though, not in the network's best interest to shit on the league when they have billions invested.

Reactions: Joel Ward

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The league has different camera angles that the major networks don't. That goal was in but wasn't conclusive. I do agree though that TSN and SN certainly go out of their way to not shit on the league and its officials. That's why people like Odog, he doesnt hold his tongue. Again though, not in the network's best interest to shit on the league when they have billions invested.
Cronism sucks. Good for odog ha

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
It’s not good enough to be pretty sure it was a goal. Yeah, there were lots of videos abs pictures that looks like the puck probably crossed the line... but none that were irrefutable.

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
The goal was clearly in and listed with video proof in post #415 page 14 of the GDT.

does anyone have this video? tried looking for it on the game day thread but the posting numbers from a live thread make it nearly impossible to find ....

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Might be the leaf fan in me but from the first replay they showed, it looked like to me it went off his right pad and against the inside of the net pretty clearly.

Then you got Hughson “You can’t see anything from that angle.” :laugh:

Reactions: OddyOh

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
What was most disturbing to me was that Graham Skilliter I believe is behind the net saying no goal. Marner is beside the net looking at it and the ref certainly doesn’t rush to where Marner is to find a different angle. That is brutal.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
When exactly did it go in? Unless you actually see it go in before the referee thinks the play is dead, it doesn’t matter.
Watch the replay. You can see where the puck goes. Holtby stands up and the puck is in the net. I understand the NHL rules. The puck went in the net though. Period.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Watch the replay. You can see where the puck goes. Holtby stands up and the puck is in the net. I understand the NHL rules. The puck went in the net though. Period.

I’ve seen all the replays. Not one of them conclusively shows the puck crossing the line before the whistle.

If you understand the rules, you know the correct call was made.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I feel like I know it was in, but I do agree that there was nothing to show the puck in relation to the goal line as Holtby had that covered. So, call on the ice was no-goal. The interesting thing though, was that they said 'call on the ice is CONFIRMED', not 'stands'. So that means the league felt they could see the puck and could tell it was not in, which I vehemently disagree with. Its semantics, but a professional league needs to get things like that right. So NHL, was it confirmed or stands?

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
What was most disturbing to me was that Graham Skilliter I believe is behind the net saying no goal. Marner is beside the net looking at it and not once does the ref skate to where Marner is to find a different angle. That is brutal.

Yup and easy to see from the video review it was in.

One angle on the side view you can see it hit him and then the inside of the net.

Another angle from above shows it roll down and in against the net...

At about 19.5 seconds you can see the puck flop down.

Then at the end Holtby pulls it out of the net lol. What else do you need.

Many Leaf fans will say Leafs didnt deserve to win despite them dominating big stretches of the game... they didn't bury their chances. I can't argue that.

Still once they didnt count that goal ... you knew the "feel" good story was coming for the Canucks.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I’ve seen all the replays. Not one of them conclusively shows the puck crossing the line before the whistle.

If you understand the rules, you know the correct call was made.
You seem to be confused with what I am saying because I didn't say the goal should have counted. I said the puck was in the net. It was.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
does anyone have this video? tried looking for it on the game day thread but the posting numbers from a live thread make it nearly impossible to find ....
It’s on page 14 post number in post # 415 in the game day thread

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Yup and easy to see from the video review it was in.

One angle on the side view you can see it hit him and then the inside of the net.

Another angle from above shows it roll down and in against the net...

At about 19.5 seconds you can see the puck flop down.

Then at the end Holtby pulls it out of the net lol. What else do you need.

Many Leaf fans will say Leafs didnt deserve to win despite them dominating big stretches of the game... they didn't bury their chances. I can't argue that.

Still once they didnt count that goal ... you knew the "feel" good story was coming for the Canucks.

Page #14 post # 415 has another angle of it going right in off of Holtby’s a$$
The ref is right there watching it go in

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Page #14 post # 415 has another angle of it going right in off of Holtby’s a$$
The ref is right there watching it go in

I think I might of seen that one but I'll check it out.

The refs are so frustrating. I want to believe they are honest and try their best but there's too many times this has happened that a bias is there. I'm not saying its just the Leafs but there is definitely some game management happening.

I'll add in too that isn't it just this week that Gally earlier in the week... and Matthews scored last night. . They've had to review those.

I mean for f*** sakes the refs are so bad. They have more of them on the ice now but not 1 guy can make the right call when it happens.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
No conspiracy here folks - they reviewed the play, no definitive angle to overturn other than circumstantial (pad sliding the puck out possibly).

Mar 12, 2009
Ray Ferraro never shy's away from his speculation during games, that's one thing TSN has better than SN

Reactions: Mad hatter

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
There was one overhead angle on the broadcast that clearly showed the puck over the line. I was actually surprised after seeing that that the call wasn't reversed and the goal awarded.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
People still going on about this? It was inconclusive. You can't call it a goal if you THINK it went in.
No it wasn’t. The ref was standing there watching holtby trying to drag it out with his skate when he was standing up. Comprehension is not for everyone i suppose. When video doesn’t cut it for people I’m thinking there is something else at play. If you park like they review you’ll never get it in. Take the bus

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->