Post-Game Talk: True men don't kill Coyotes - 10 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They actually think Kuzys grow on trees. :speechles

He's not a red headed step child. He's erratic. His interest and commitment are easily questioned. Which Kuzy are we talking about growing on trees? Is this the same as dont expect to much from Kuzy stuff we have seen before? MacLellan says Kuzy is a top 10 player. Its true. Players like that dont grow on trees. For the last season and a half Kuzy has been much more like a standard top 6 center.

When the Caps won the cup Kuzy was the difference maker. The Caps had a legit top end 1c in Backstrom and with Kuzy playing like a legit top end 1c the opposition couldn't keep up. The Caps really haven't seen that player since.

Would you trade Kuzy for Jack Eichel?

Reactions: Heath

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wouldn't his $1.2 million cap hit be an issue? Maybe they pushed Siegs too fast and he's better off in Hershey? Siegs is still on his ELC, so they could send him to Hershey and not lose him to waivers. If it's possible to send Siegs back to Hershey and bring up Djoos, then the Caps balance back to 3 RD and 3 LD.

Nah they need him to develop here now, but Djoos should get a quick look IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He's not a red headed step child. He's erratic. His interest and commitment are easily questioned. Which Kuzy are we talking about growing on trees? Is this the same as dont expect to much from Kuzy stuff we have seen before? MacLellan says Kuzy is a top 10 player. Its true. Players like that dont grow on trees. For the last season and a half Kuzy has been much more like a standard top 6 center.

When the Caps won the cup Kuzy was the difference maker. The Caps had a legit top end 1c in Backstrom and with Kuzy playing like a legit top end 1c the opposition couldn't keep up. The Caps really haven't seen that player since.

Would you trade Kuzy for Jack Eichel?

he may be a top 10 player at his best, but his best is rarely seen (thank you Cup run). It’s GMBM doing his thing to pump up the player. More like top 10 talent in reality.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
he may be a top 10 player at his best, but his best is rarely seen (thank you Cup run). It’s GMBM doing his thing to pump up the player. More like top 10 talent in reality.

The point is that exactly. his best is rarely seen. It shouldn't have require all the planets to align to see his best.

By best I dont mean a 5 point game kind of best. That is planet alignment

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Kuzy also makes 7.8 million not 10+. The year we won the cup he was a 12 million player.

Its February, you can't extrapolate them coasting now to the playoffs, especially if they're playing banged up.

Right now they need to give Boyd and Djoos a real chance to disrupt the roster in a decent role (#5/offensive top 9). That could be the perfect spark coming from within. If they're trading this year it should be for a Jamal Mayers type the team can rally around like the Hawks did in 2013. Say Brian Boyle if the Panthers fall out and he costs a 3rd. Or Joe Thornton lol.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Kuzy also makes 7.8 million not 10+. The year we won the cup he was a 12 million player.

Its February, you can't extrapolate them coasting now to the playoffs, especially if they're playing banged up.

Right now they need to give Boyd and Djoos a real chance to disrupt the roster in a decent role (#5/offensive top 9). That could be the perfect spark coming from within. If they're trading this year it should be for a Jamal Mayers type the team can rally around like the Hawks did in 2013. Say Brian Boyle if the Panthers fall out and he costs a 3rd. Or Joe Thornton lol.

I see. Kuzy is more like a Logan Couture or Matt Duchene.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I see. Kuzy is more like a Logan Couture or Matt Duchene.

Playoff Logan Couture is better than most superstars imo.

Kuz plays a similar style to Duchene minus the face off ability but has shown himself to be able to make plays in the playoffs that Duchene hasn't.

Unless McMichael has an Aho like development explosion I would absolutely not move Kuz at his price tag . Buffalo learned the hard way by trading RoR. If not for Kuz we never get past the Pens to this day and it's not like he's fallen off the way Holtby has with a direct replacement outplaying him substantially

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Playoff Logan Couture is better than most superstars imo.

Kuz plays a similar style to Duchene minus the face off ability but has shown himself to be able to make plays in the playoffs that Duchene hasn't.

Unless McMichael has an Aho like development explosion I would absolutely not move Kuz at his price tag . Buffalo learned the hard way by trading RoR. If not for Kuz we never get past the Pens to this day and it's not like he's fallen off the way Holtby has with a direct replacement outplaying him substantially

So we are expecting too much of Kuzy
His 2017-18 was a career year and not representative of his level of game?

I took that year as a breakout season. Establishing himself as an elite player.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
So we are expecting too much of Kuzy
His 2017-18 was a career year and not representative of his level of game?

I took that year as a breakout season. Establishing himself as an elite player.

I think his game tends to rise to the occasion, even in that Isles series when he broke out. Not always obviously but that's the case for most of the team.

When he has something to play for, he plays for it like few others l. When not, he's still a regular season 75 point C on a team that comfortably makes the playoffs. At 7.8 million that's a bargain

Reactions: Bananas

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think his game tends to rise to the occasion, even in that Isles series when he broke out. Not always obviously but that's the case for most of the team.

When he has something to play for, he plays for it like few others l. When not, he's still a regular season 75 point C on a team that comfortably makes the playoffs. At 7.8 million that's a bargain

In the cup season he had 83pts. Regular season. Are you also saying that last playoffs he didn't feel like he had something to play for?

What I am saying is that your something to play for is proof that he iisn't bringing best. Which is the issue

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I was at the Bears game last night, tough loss but the Bears played half the friggin' game shorthanded.

Anyway, the Caps have some damn fine future dmen in Djoos, who looked really good, Nardella and Fehrevary (Alexeyev didn't play). Whether as trade chips or as the future I feel really good about the backend for the Capitals going forward.
I went to my first bears game yesterday too - and am at the game now.

bears have zero forwards and lack scoring - but the D is legit. Djoos and Fehrevary are provdbly best D pairing in all of AHL

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

bears have zero forwards and lack scoring - but the D is legit. Djoos and Fehrevary are provdbly best D pairing in all of AHL

My takeaway as well.

When your biggest offensive threat is 100 year old Matt Moulsen you know you are in trouble. No insult to Moulsen, he was very good and was involved in almost every offensive chance during the game.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
What I am saying is that your something to play for is proof that he iisn't bringing best. Which is the issue
:rolleyes:

No one brings their best all the time. Not Ovie, not Kuzy, not even guys like Oshie and Toews. Guys like Leipsic, who are only in the league because of their effort, still take shifts and plays off. It's human nature.

The difference is, Kuzy is enough of a character to say so publicly.

I get that you don't like Kuzy. But don't pretend everyone else in the league is bringing their best game all the time. They aren't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bananas

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
:rolleyes:

No one brings their best all the time. Not Ovie, not Kuzy, not even guys like Oshie and Toews. Guys like Leipsic, who are only in the league because of their effort, still take shifts and plays off. It's human nature.

The difference is, Kuzy is enough of a character to say so publicly.

I get that you don't like Kuzy. But don't pretend everyone else in the league is bringing their best game all the time. They aren't.

All the time? No. Most have off days.

Last edited by a moderator:

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Sgarbossa has been out for weeks now but he’s a top 5 AHL forward. Really hoping they can add another legitimate scoring threat to their lineup before the AHL TDL is up because they’re gonna need it come playoff time. Their overall team defense has been outstanding all year long and the D corps has been tremendous. Trade LuJo for a skilled offensive player please!

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Orlov giving up that shot after being stripped of the puck was piss poor defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad