Troy Mann

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The jury is still out. The team underperformed under him most of the season.

How so, this team was decimated with injuries and call-ups. Rookies like Batherson and Brown are thriving under him.

I wish he came in 1 year earlier that way he could have worked with rookies such as Chabot, White, Chlapik, Wolanin.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
The jury is still out. The team underperformed under him most of the season.

Past performance is not necessarily in consideration in what the sens are doing, see Dorion, Pierre or Boucher, Guy after a 2nd last finish and no attempt to correct anything they have done to get there. At least none others would approve as being valid.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Im actually a fan of Boucher, he proved the doubters wrong that he could develop players at this level. But he hasn't proven that he can win with a roster full of youth, and I dont doubt for a second that if this team was actually in the hunt that he would be leaning heavily on his vets.

I would be very excited to see what Mann could do. In a perfect world we could have our own Jon Copper/TBL situation here where he had coached most of their young guns in the minors before taking over for Boucher, ironically enough.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
Im actually a fan of Boucher, he proved the doubters wrong that he could develop players at this level. But he hasn't proven that he can win with a roster full of youth, and I dont doubt for a second that if this team was actually in the hunt that he would be leaning heavily on his vets.

I would be very excited to see what Mann could do. In a perfect world we could have our own Jon Copper/TBL situation here where he had coached most of their young guns in the minors before taking over for Boucher, ironically enough.

I don't know, sure we have seen progress from young players but was it because or despite Boucher?
The 11/7 for example is insane.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Are we sure Boucher is out? He has been one of the few professionals during this absolute shit show since he's been brought on. I wonder if Dorion keeps him, knowing he'll put up with their crap instead of risking hiring a new coach.

I know most dont like him, and he certainly has his faults, but for a defensive minded coach, he has one of the worst defense groups in the league in the last 2 years.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Are we sure Boucher is out? He has been one of the few professionals during this absolute **** show since he's been brought on. I wonder if Dorion keeps him, knowing he'll put up with their crap instead of risking hiring a new coach.

I know most dont like him, and he certainly has his faults, but for a defensive minded coach, he has one of the worst defense groups in the league in the last 2 years.

We’re definitely not sure. This post is pure speculation. I could see Boucher getting another kick at the can.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I suspect Boucher is more disappointed that he signed here in his return to the nhl than the team is disappointed in having signed him

Reactions: bert and DrEasy

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I suspect Boucher is more disappointed that he signed here in his return to the nhl than the team is disappointed in having signed him
Sounds about right. He doesn't really seem capable enough of self reflection to realize his own flaws and how he sets himself and his team to fail. No more Karlsson to carry him will probably mean the end of his head coaching career in the NHL. Hasn't shown enough to get another shot. He'll have to toil in the minors and hope he gets blessed with some good players again.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Keep boucher for another year. We need to lose for lafreniere after this dog shit of a season without a first rounder. Wouldnt want another coach to ruin our chances and make us finish 26th the league

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

I wonder how often he thinks about how different his career could have been. Apparently the Leafs were set to hire him until Babcock decided to leave Detroit.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
I wonder how often he thinks about how different his career could have been. Apparently the Leafs were set to hire him until Babcock decided to leave Detroit.
Me too, and to spin it a little further I would love if the Leafs in a few years say they should have went with Boucher. So far they won nothing, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad