Troy Mann

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He has be proven to be not a good head coach. Maybe the Leafs will turn on Babcock after a couple of early exits from the playoffs and we can get him.
I think that whenever Babcock gets canned in TO for not leading them to a cup that he will never coach in the league again.

He's made a boatload of money and he raised the bar for coaching salaries in the league. For him to coach somewhere after TO he's looking at a pretty big salary haircut which would be a tail between the legs kind of thing. He's set a bar for himself. He'll never need the money. I just don't see him ever coaching again for half his current paycheque.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He has be proven to be not a good head coach. Maybe the Leafs will turn on Babcock after a couple of early exits from the playoffs and we can get him.

IMO Babcock would want a big market and I doubt he's work under Dorion and Melnyk.. Unless he had hidden desires to be a circus performer

Reactions: thinkwild

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He's been good in Belleville,.. They have a chance to make a push for the playoffs. Let's see how that goes , if he doesn't get stripped of all his players in another 10 days
Let’s hope we keep the the kids down there where they’ll dominate rather than pushing them into a losing culture up in Ottawa.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
I thought we agreed we were going with a proven coach next time... with NHL experience and preferably wearing a SC ring

Why would any self respecting coach with a Cup Ring want to sink with this Titanic cosplay of a franchise? Melnyk honestly seems more likely to kidnap the groundhog on groundhog day and stick him in a suit behind the bench than ever be willing to fork over the cash needed for a coach who has proven his competence already.

Reactions: topshelf15

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I hate the 11-7, but I actually like Boucher, for the most part. He's maintained a professional attitude, and the dressing room could be a lot more of a shitshow given everything else going on with this team.

Reactions: Crosside

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I hate the 11-7, but I actually like Boucher, for the most part. He's maintained a professional attitude, and the dressing room could be a lot more of a ****show given everything else going on with this team.
I just shuddered at the thought of this managerially-rudderless team being coached by an unprofessional buffoon like a Hartford-era Pierre McGuire or a Cory Clouston.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
I just shuddered at the thought of this managerially-rudderless team being coached by an unprofessional buffoon like a Hartford-era Pierre McGuire or a Cory Clouston.

:laugh:

Torts is probably a better coach than Boucher, but can you imagine him coaching here? The 'days since sens incident counter' would never hit 1.

Reactions: 18Hossa

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Torts is probably a better coach than Boucher, but can you imagine him coaching here? The 'days since sens incident counter' would never hit 1.
I thought about including Tortorella in that shortlist! But the more I thought about it, the mroe I'm not convinced he'd be awful here. It'd still be a gongshow, sure, but I feel like he'd be better at standing his ground than Boucher currently is. A lot of sniping, sure, but probably a locker room that would be more insulated against Dorion/Melnyk. I could see Torts fostering an us vs. them mentality (which, admittedly, would be awful. But the dressing room would be good! Short-term.)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Iirc, he was interviewed for the job just before it went to Paul MacLean.

And we may not win anything, but holy shit we'd be entertaining as hell. And probably make bank on hoodie sales.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I'd be more interested in stealing Sheldon Keefe from Toronto. He'd be fairly cheap considering its his first NHL Head Coach job, but he does seem to have lots of promise. Although I can understand why it may be better to get an established NHL coach as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->