Rumor: Trouba wants to stay with the Jets. Myers may be available

Nov 24, 2006
If they do sign Trouba for anything more than 2 years, I think that is the end of Myers on this team. It's a shame, because I really like Tyler Myers. $5 million for a #3 RHD is just too much though when there are younger, cheaper options for those minutes. Trouba and Byfuglien are both more important than Myers so I can't see either of them being moved.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Myers didn't look good to me in the playoffs. Too many bad decisions. Thankfully the market for RHD is great. If Chevy is really a good GM, he will trade him for a nice haul.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Hahahaha, like I clearly said I'd move Nylander in a package and this flake Jets fan doesn't even read it and assumes I'd only move Wet Willy alone for a #1D when all of us know he alone isn't worth that
People see and read what they want to see and read sometimes. :thumbu:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If they do sign Trouba for anything more than 2 years, I think that is the end of Myers on this team. It's a shame, because I really like Tyler Myers. $5 million for a #3 RHD is just too much though when there are younger, cheaper options for those minutes. Trouba and Byfuglien are both more important than Myers so I can't see either of them being moved.

Out of the 3 Myers is the easy answer on who's out.

Morrissey- Trouba is the future of that D-core.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
What would getting Myers cost the Oilers outside of McDavid (obv.), Draisaitl, RNH, Klef, Nurse and Larsson

Jets trading Myers would be made purely as a salary move, so they'd be looking for picks and/or prospects.

Although, Jets don't really have great depth on the right side. After Trouba, Byfuglien and Myers, you have Poolman who looks ready to play, but then... Nelson Nogier? Most of their defensive depth shoots left.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I don't think Myers has that kind of value. He's had one good season in the past 3. He's still a bit of a gamble.
Agreed.

10th IMO is an overpay for Myers...despite being a draft pick. I think Faulk could be had much cheaper if that's what the Jets would be looking for in return for Myers. Plus, last year was his first season since the first 2 season hes played 80+ games

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Agreed.

10th IMO is an overpay for Myers...despite being a draft pick. I think Faulk could be had much cheaper if that's what the Jets would be looking for in return for Myers. Plus, last year was his first season since the first 2 season hes played 80+ games

I think that's about the rate for Faulk, but I also think that Faulk has more value than Myers.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Hahahaha, like I clearly said I'd move Nylander in a package and this flake Jets fan doesn't even read it and assumes I'd only move Wet Willy alone for a #1D when all of us know he alone isn't worth that

Maybe Micheal Nylander. There have far to many posts thinking a one year till UFA is going to get a a top draft pick or a top draft pick or top prospect.
Regarding the Trouba statement....means nothing what he says he in public. If he wants free agency, he will just decline all offers by the Jets and maybe another team offer that trades for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad