Proposal: Trouba traded to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
This is all assuming that there is an understanding that he re signs with us. So there would need to be some communication allowed beforehand which is very possible.

I’m sure his agent has already talked to wings personal to see if they’d be interested in his services down the road , I’d bet money on it

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I just can't trade Cholowski or Hronek in the deal for Trouba. If that puts us out of the running for Trouba, so be it. To have a successful defense they need to acquire someone like Trouba, AND have BOTH Cholowski and Hronek hit also IMO.

That’s just beyond ****en bonkers

I agree with both of you. This board was all against trading cheap young players for a 'quick fix" and now were talking about trading Cholowski + AA + picks for Trouba? That's just robing Peter to pay Paul. Yes we need a player of Trouba's caliber but shipping out Cholowski/Hronek + AA/Mantha/Rasmussen + picks just creates even more holes while adding another bloated (not necessarily bad) contract to the stable.

I would much rather see us hold out to add a quality dman via UFA and remain patient with our young kids.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Man I just can’t believe these trades I’m seeing for a guy who’s a ufa one season and has been rumoured to wanting to come to Detroit for years, crazy stuff

This move wouldn’t make us playoff contenders yearly if anything makes us have another hole at center with AA gone and I’d be weary with trouba’s numbers he got 50 pts finally playing on a top offensive team like the jets , he’s probably a 30-40 pt guy and as our #1 dman id what someone t be great on all ends and can get 50-65 some day, not saying I wouldn’t take trouba but he’d be a great #2 to complement the #1 offensive dman

Just be patient like yzerman said and wait a year

2020-2021 especially if we land a lafraniere will be the year **** gets turned around

AA proved at the end of lat season he's not a long term solution at center. He was horrid at center. Literally a winger slotted in a center position. He still scored, but he did it by pretty much not playing his position and continuing to play like he did when he was a winger.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He may have pulled off some great trades, but it doesn't mean he's just going to bull**** his way into quality pieces under team control. He will still have to give up something of value. The offer that you just put together wouldn't even be considered by Winnipeg.
winnipeg is going to lose trouba for nothing, or trade him. if trouba indicates that he wants to sign in detroit and doesnt want to sign an extension with multiple other suitors, it puts us in a huge position of strength.

yeah obviously that offer is trash value wise but mcdonagh was also a top pairing defenseman. and Yzerman acquired him + JT Miller for Namestnikov, 2 middle-tier prospects, late 1st, late 2nd. Miller alone is better than Namestnikov...even if you consider those two a wash (which I dont), it's basically Howden + Hajek + late 1st + late 2nd for McDonagh. That's not that far from Berggren + Lindstrom + high 2nd + high 3rd for Trouba, who is 100% on his way out as well. I dont think that deal is accepted, likely ends up being something like McIsaac as the D prospect, but either way I think you're underestimating Yzerman

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I agree with both of you. This board was all against trading cheap young players for a 'quick fix" and now were talking about trading Cholowski + AA + picks for Trouba? That's just robing Peter to pay Paul. Yes we need a player of Trouba's caliber but shipping out Cholowski/Hronek + AA/Mantha/Rasmussen + picks just creates even more holes while adding another bloated (not necessarily bad) contract to the stable.

I would much rather see us hold out to add a quality dman via UFA and remain patient with our young kids.

Cholo won't be the same caliber player as Trouba. And AA is a 2nd line winger. Getting a 25 year old top pairing guy for those to assets isn't robbing Peter to pay Paul, its a hockey trade.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
When did I say I didn’t want trouba? I said I’d wait a year for him making these stupid moves when your rebuilding are pointless and idiotic you lose important pieces for your future and you get a bit better today but never enough to be competing but good enough to get crappy pick slots every draft day

Point is everyone assumed San Jose would resign Karlsson right away when the deal happened and he’s still not signed and most likely will test free agency , Your just assuming things thinking trouba will sign for 4-8 years if dealt nobody can convince the guy of doing something he doesn’t want to do, if he wants to sign a one year deal he will

Well we kiss our chances goodbye , until just 1 2020 when he becomes a redwing and his childhood idol Steve yzerman is giving him a new contract

Stop thinking negative man , if I was a redwing fan growing up seeing those cups and yzerman became the gm I’d be pumped up to go home

Trust me he’s coming

I'm not thinking negative, I'm thinking pragmatically. I'm thinking about how things generally evolve with unsigned RFAs. You view it as making moves to get better today, but realistically Trouba is going to be more impactful on our future than any of the pieces I would be giving up. I am comfortable with it because if he's being traded, he's likely getting locked up. If I think there's a good chance he isn't getting traded, then I'm with you, I wouldn't give up anything and wait it out, but right now I believe he's going to be traded before the draft this year.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Cholo won't be the same caliber player as Trouba. And AA is a 2nd line winger. Getting a 25 year old top pairing guy for those to assets isn't robbing Peter to pay Paul, its a hockey trade.

Trouba will also be paid 8 times as much for the next 3 years. This team lacks affordable, quality depth as much it lacks star power and this becomes even more true if we trade what little depth we have away.

We have two dmen with NHL experience under the age of 24. We have one 30 goal scorer on the wing. Trading those assets for Trouba is most definitely robbing Peter (affordable, useful/experienced depth) to pay Paul (#2 dman).

This board, you included, roasted holland for shipping out youth for quick fixes. Nice little double standard for Yzerman to work with here.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
as a Jets and Wings fan (living in Winnipeg), i was hoping something would change in Trouba's circumstances that he'd sign in Winnipeg. Guy put up 50 pts (13th in NHL scoring) as a 25 year old top pairing RHD. Yes, he's prone to some gaffes, he isn't Lidstrom, but EVERY Dman makes blunders, this isn't unique to Trouba.

Jets have Connor/Ehlers/Wheeler/Laine on the wing, they don't need wingers at all.

they have Morrissey as a top pairing LHD, and Niku and Samberg as promising LHD prospects (although Niku might play the right side)

needs: young/good 2C, young top 4 RHD, futures (picks+prospects)

I think as a rebuilding team, the Wings shouldn't trade for Trouba. they need to stay the course draft & develop well and rebuild the system. they aren't a Trouba away from cup contention.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
We were all pumping the Hughes + Karlsson offseason this year...

Maybe we should start pumping up the idea of Lafreniere + Trouba next offseason

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Trouba will also be paid 8 times as much for the next 3 years. This team lacks affordable, quality depth as much it lacks star power and this becomes even more true with the proposals.

We have two dmen with NHL experience under the age of 24. We have one 30 goal scorer on the wing. Trading those assets for Trouba is most definitely robbing Peter (affordable, useful/experienced depth) to pay Paul (#2 dman).

AA won't be that affordable when he negotiates his next contract. He's a 30 goal scorer. He will be getting close to Larkin money. Cholo won't be a top pairing guy. So, they are trading a lesser defense prospect, and a guy whose about to get that chedda cheese for a 25 year old top pairing defender. Detroit can afford to start investing in players. They aren't close to the cap anymore. Detroit might lack affordable quality depth, but that's not why they are in the position they are in. That's why Edmonton is where they are. Detroit is in the position they are in because they lack elite players.

I have no idea how cheap depth became more valuable than a top pairing D, but if that's what you believe, we aren't ever going to agree.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
winnipeg is going to lose trouba for nothing, or trade him. if trouba indicates that he wants to sign in detroit and doesnt want to sign an extension with multiple other suitors, it puts us in a huge position of strength.

yeah obviously that offer is trash value wise but mcdonagh was also a top pairing defenseman. and Yzerman acquired him + JT Miller for Namestnikov, 2 middle-tier prospects, late 1st, late 2nd. Miller alone is better than Namestnikov...even if you consider those two a wash (which I dont), it's basically Howden + Hajek + late 1st + late 2nd for McDonagh. That's not that far from Berggren + Lindstrom + high 2nd + high 3rd for Trouba, who is 100% on his way out as well. I dont think that deal is accepted, likely ends up being something like McIsaac as the D prospect, but either way I think you're underestimating Yzerman

I think you're overestimating Yzerman's impact. He isn't doing anything in your scenario, you are making a large assumption of the position of strength of Red Wings, none of which can be attributed to Yzerman. It's all circumstantial.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Trouba will also be paid 8 times as much for the next 3 years. This team lacks affordable, quality depth as much it lacks star power and this becomes even more true if we trade what little depth we have away.

This board, you included, roasted holland for shipping out youth for quick fixes. Nice little double standard for Yzerman to work with here.

"Double standard." Treating Trouba at 25 years old like he's the same as Zidlicky or Cole or Legwand is beyond comical.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
What would WPG be looking to get back? Defense, offense, picks?
Here was the insider reference on the Jets board:

"We should be hearing more about Trouba after the playoffs are over. A good friend of mine told me today that his team is looking at (him). The cost will be a significant prospect and draft picks."

I just asked their board how they would interpret these assets if Detroit was the trading partner, so we'll see how the responses vary.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

"We should be hearing more about Trouba after the playoffs are over. A good friend of mine told me today that his team is looking at (him). The cost will be a significant prospect and draft picks."

I just asked their board how they would interpret these assets if Detroit was the trading partner, so we'll see how the responses vary.
Ill keep a look out. Thanks.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Everyone is an insider. The Jets are in a win now mode, I don't see them making a trade that doesn't give them back a good roster player.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Everyone is an insider. The Jets are in a win now mode, I don't see them making a trade that doesn't give them back a good roster player.
Normally true. But they also have a lot of guys as RFA/UFA this summer, and the cap will be tight.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
AA proved at the end of lat season he's not a long term solution at center. He was horrid at center. Literally a winger slotted in a center position. He still scored, but he did it by pretty much not playing his position and continuing to play like he did when he was a winger.
And who do we replace him with next year ?i got no problem trading AA but I’m not dealing AA AND cholowski AND a 2nd for a guy I firmly believe we can get next year for free

If we’re trading AA I’d rather get a Jake bean + or someone like that who’s gonna be growing and same age as the core kids coming up in zadina,veleno Berggren,Rasmussen,hronek,cholowski etc...

Giving up 3 assets for a ufa was been rumoured to want to be a redwing for many years is dumb , especially since we’re a rebuilding team going on the right trend not an aspiring cup contender

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I'd see if they'd want to dump Perreault in the deal to bring down the cost.
Ya no thanks , I’d be more interested in using stevie’s Tampa connection and landing a 2020 2nd + back for Callahan that would likely give us 4 second rounders next year which is how you speed up this team on the right direction very quickly

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
And who do we replace him with next year ?i got no problem trading AA but I’m not dealing AA AND cholowski AND a 2nd for a guy I firmly believe we can get next year for free

If we’re trading AA I’d rather get a Jake bean + or someone like that who’s gonna be growing and same age as the core kids coming up in zadina,veleno Berggren,Rasmussen,hronek,cholowski etc...

Giving up 3 assets for a ufa was been rumoured to want to be a redwing for many years is dumb , especially since we’re a rebuilding team going on the right trend not an aspiring cup contender

I have no idea how you jumped to all these conclusions. First defenders's development arches are different than forwards. Trouba is entering his prime now. Same as Larkin, Mantha. And he's not far ahead of the younger prospects either.

Second, getting him as a UFA will end up costing more money and reduce terms IF the rumors are true. It could also be he decides to go somewhere else.

Third, your firm beliefs and 5 dollars will get you a cup of coffee. We are talking about how to get the player on the team via trade, not speculating what might happen next year or later.

Finally, AA isn't going to play center next season anyway. That experiment failed. Nielsen likely plays 2nd line center.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Haha.

You make a blanket statement you wouldn't give up assets........ well, unless they just happened to ask for one of our good young assets, then you'd be ok with it?

Is there a joke in here I'm missing?
I mean I'm not paying anything that will set back the rebuild. No picks, no prospects, no young players like Hronek.

They can have all the established NHLers they want. AA would be a great piece to offer.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I can understand not wanting to lose all three assets, but it's getting more and more likely that Trouba is traded this summer, and any chance of getting him for free disappears.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The Trouba thing reminds me of what happens when you date a girl who's always complaining about her boyfriend. She breaks it off and the two of you start dating, and you think everything will be so much better. Now you're the boyfriend she complains about...

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
I have no idea how you jumped to all these conclusions. First defenders's development arches are different than forwards. Trouba is entering his prime now. Same as Larkin, Mantha. And he's not far ahead of the younger prospects either.

Second, getting him as a UFA will end up costing more money and reduce terms IF the rumors are true. It could also be he decides to go somewhere else.

Third, your firm beliefs and 5 dollars will get you a cup of coffee. We are talking about how to get the player on the team via trade, not speculating what might happen next year or later.

Finally, AA isn't going to play center next season anyway. That experiment failed. Nielsen likely plays 2nd line center.
How the f*** will it cost more money as a ufa? You think he’s going to give us a discount cause we traded AA/mantha cholowski and a pick for his services?if he wants 8 mill a year that’s what he’s gonna ask for , doesn’t matter how we get him

I’d rather get a cup of coffee than doing your crazy nonsensical scenarios , you want to give up really good assets to what? Get 12th overall for next two years ? Cause we’re not going to win shit trading AA/mantha and cholowski for trouba, unless your one of those brainwashed fans who think we get in the playoffs now cause we had a nice 2 week run after shitting the bed for 5+ months ?

Best case is too keep building and landing another top 5 pick not to tear apart our team to get one player , and if nielsen ends up being the 2c so be it that means we’ll get another top pick until we f*** it up last 2 weeks of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad