Proposal: Trouba traded to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Congrats? Knowing someone means literally nothing.

I’m saying that I’ve went to games where I’ve gotten to actually see HIM play lol.

I’m not saying it like it’s/I’m cool.

Where most wings fan watch him on T.V, I watched him 15+ times this year in person. Plus two playoff games.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I’m saying that I’ve went to games where I’ve gotten to actually see HIM play lol.

I’m not saying it like it’s/I’m cool.

Where most wings fan watch him on T.V, I watched him 15+ times this year in person. Plus two playoff games.

No, you definitely included it to make yourself sound cool... If you wanted to illustrate that you've watched him play 15+ times in person, you would have said "I've watched him 15+ times in person" like you did in the message I'm currently replying to. Saying you know someone on the team added literally nothing to make yourself more credible.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
I've watched nearly all of the Jets games over the last 3 seasons. He is a good player but don't see Trouba as someone I would want to hand out a huge contract to. Buf and Morrissey are easily the Jets best 2 defenders.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
No, you definitely included it to make yourself sound cool... If you wanted to illustrate that you've watched him play 15+ times in person, you would have said "I've watched him 15+ times in person" like you did in the message I'm currently replying to. Saying you know someone on the team added literally nothing to make yourself more credible.

Every single time I see your name you are arguing with someone and also complaining about how they conduct themselves. Maybe your the one that needs reevaluate yourself?

Why do you care so much about this guy mentioning they know someone? Why does it bother you so much? It doesn't bother me that he mentioned he knows someone. Why would it?

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Clearly not as strong as mine, which you initially talked down about as if I don't know how old I am or how old I was when Yzerman was still a relevant player...
What you talking about ?you said your older than trouba and I said if you were like 14 there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to remember yzerman winning

If you don’t that’s cool

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I've watched nearly all of the Jets games over the last 3 seasons. He is a good player but don't see Trouba as someone I would want to hand out a huge contract to. Buf and Morrissey are easily the Jets best 2 defenders.

I've watched also lot of Jets and disagree. Trouba is just as good as those other two. You can't tell any kind of big differences between them. I could easily pay 7M for any of them on my team. Both have own weaknesses and strengths, and who would you like most is just an opinion thing.

Stats favor Trouba a lot.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Every single time I see your name you are arguing with someone and also complaining about how they conduct themselves. Maybe your the one that needs reevaluate yourself?

Why do you care so much about this guy mentioning they know someone? Why does it bother you so much? It doesn't bother me that he mentioned he knows someone. Why would it?

Me trying to explain anything to you is wasted effort. It's clear we will never see eye to eye on anything, so try to keep your personal issues with me to yourself, and keep the thread on topic about Trouba, which is still what the debate was. Is he a #1, is he a #2, is he a #3; what is his value in a trade; what would you be willing to give up; etc. Knowing your feelings on the Karlsson topic, my bet is that you won't be advocating that the Wings attempt to trade for Trouba, is that a reasonable assumption?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Highly doubtful verging on impossible that he will hit UFA. He'll sign an extension with a team where he wants to play.
If that team decides to give up the assets that jets would want for his return , if not trouba can just wait a year and go where he wants , its really not that complicated

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
It was his first season hitting 50 points. They had a good amount of D injuries as well. He gives the puck away A LOT in his own zone as well.
I went to a fair amount of games as I’m good buddies with someone on the team(not going to say who). Not saying I know more then you but
Think he’d be a solid #2 with a true top guy who can put up the pts on the back end I don’t think trouba will consistently be putting up 45-65 pts yearly , good piece but not the #1 guy I’d want on my team

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
The talking heads on Hockey Central stated that the Jets (probably) won't get a comparable D man back even though they want that. More likely a good forward and something else - pick(s) or Prospect(s)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The talking heads on Hockey Central stated that the Jets (probably) won't get a comparable D man back even though they want that. More likely a good forward and something else - pick(s) or Prospect(s)

I think that is a testament to where things are in the NHL right now. Talking about a guy who can play on a top pair in almost any city, but nobody is really seeking to give up those players. This hypothetical scenario doesn't even exist if there wasn't some sort of turmoil that existed between the Jets and Trouba. I think there may be a bidding war like I believe TZE mentioned, but I don't think the price will end up being all that high. Yeah it hurts to give up a good forward, but a good forward (excluding a top line center) is generally easier to replace than a defenseman that can be a very solid #2.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Trouba has been a pretty efficient 5v5 producer in the past but didn't get PP1 with Buff in the line up until this year.

Since 16-17 he ranks 22nd in NHL Dman scoring at 5v5 ,16th in 5v5 points per game & 13th in 5v5 Points/60 Dman minimum of 2000 5v5 mins (missed games due to the hold-out/suspension/ankle injury)

Him getting 50 points and finishing 13th in scoring this year isn't a huge surprise since he's shown flashes of that offensive potential but didn't get that prime PP opportunity with Buff manning the point on the top unit.

Trouba is good defensively imo. He does commit turnovers & does sometimes make the bonehead mistake - however - this isn't unique to Trouba, every defenseman make mistakes. This is such a blanket statement to apply to a single player. I've seen Josh Morrissey (the Jets best defensive Dman) commit turnovers. I've seen other defensive studs lose a man. shit happens, it's hockey. Having said that, in Winnipeg he plays next to Josh Morrissey who like I said is the Jets best/highest IQ'd Dman in the d-zone. Those 2 together have been a stellar top pairing since they were formed a few years back. Trouba has shown he can carry an anchor in the past, through '13-'16 he was playing well next to Mark Stuart

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Flames also seem to be in cap problems, and if those "Brodie in the doghouse/Scapegoat" -talk are true. I would also try to get him.

- Get Trouba
- Get Brodie

- Sell one young defenceman asset (Cholowski, because McIsaac is coming and DeKeyser-Brodie-McIsacc would complete the left side)
- Sell some forward asset (Athanasiou, Flames are looking for Center with speed, which was their obvious weakness against Colorado)

DET-CGY, Athanasiou for Brodie + other cap dump
DET-WPG, Cholowski + Helm + 2021 conditional 1st + for Trouba. 2021 1st is "conditional", if Trouba re-signs with Detroit during 2019-20 season. Othervise it's a 2nd. (Yzerman tampers it 100% sure that he will re-sign, othervise we don't make the trade)

buyout Daley.

Brodie - Trouba (28-year-old + 26-year old)
DeKeyser - Green (29-year-old + 33 year old)
Ericsson - Hronek (35-year old + 21 year-old)
Bowey (24-year-old)
(McIsaac, 19-year-old, in juniors)

That's a defence. Ready to go from day 1.

A year after Ericsson and Green are gone and you just promote McIsaac+Bowey for the TOP6.

At 2020-21 season.

Brodie - Trouba (29-year-old + 27-year old)
DeKeyser - Hronek (30-year-old + 22 year old)
McIsaac - Bowey (20-year-old + 25 year-old)
some 7th

Last edited:

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Me trying to explain anything to you is wasted effort. It's clear we will never see eye to eye on anything, so try to keep your personal issues with me to yourself, and keep the thread on topic about Trouba, which is still what the debate was. Is he a #1, is he a #2, is he a #3; what is his value in a trade; what would you be willing to give up; etc. Knowing your feelings on the Karlsson topic, my bet is that you won't be advocating that the Wings attempt to trade for Trouba, is that a reasonable assumption?

Depends. Do the Jets end up trading him this year or do they extend him to UFA? I don't want to trade assets for him and as things stand it doesn't make sense. As a UFA maybe, depending on his demands and how things play out with our prospects, young players and where we land in the draft next year. Not going to sit here and make decisions about a future that is uncertain at this point. As things stand today, I like what Yzermans intentions seem to be which is patience. Next year we will reevaluate if any big moves are in the teams best interest.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I think that is a testament to where things are in the NHL right now. Talking about a guy who can play on a top pair in almost any city, but nobody is really seeking to give up those players. This hypothetical scenario doesn't even exist if there wasn't some sort of turmoil that existed between the Jets and Trouba. I think there may be a bidding war like I believe TZE mentioned, but I don't think the price will end up being all that high. Yeah it hurts to give up a good forward, but a good forward (excluding a top line center) is generally easier to replace than a defenseman that can be a very solid #2.
Agree. Based on need maybe TML offers Nylander after his next "payment" kicks in as the Jets have folks to sign. Maybe Florida can offer their first plus. I see many teams not talked about that could make a move like Col, NYI, NYR, etc I don't have any inkling of what will be

Last edited:

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Just a random thought - if Detroit is Trouba's top choice for a destination, he might be willing to sign a bit more of a long term team friendly deal, so you'd have a #1 D locked up for his prime years. That might be a factor in some of these trade proposals

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Depends. Do the Jets end up trading him this year or do they extend him to UFA? I don't want to trade assets for him and as things stand it doesn't make sense. As a UFA maybe, depending on his demands and how things play out with our prospects, young players and where we land in the draft next year. Not going to sit here and make decisions about a future that is uncertain at this point. As things stand today, I like what Yzermans intentions seem to be which is patience. Next year we will reevaluate if any big moves are in the teams best interest.

Personally I see it playing out one of two ways. Either he will end up getting a single year qualifying offer from Winnipeg who may look to trade him as a rental at the deadline next year or ride it out on a playoff run, ending with him as a UFA; or he gets traded this offseason at the draft, to a team who will extend him with a longer term deal. The assumption being, the only teams considering trading for him at the draft will be those who are relatively assured that he's going to extend with term.

Reactions: DRW204

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agree. Based on need maybe TML offers Nylander after his next "payment" kicks in as the Jets have folks to sign. Maybe Florida can offer they're first plus. I see many teams not talked about that could make a move like Col, NYI, NYR, etc I don't have any inkling of what will be
I don't think Trouba wants to be in Canada. And Wing isn't a top need for the Jets with Ehlers/Laine/Connor/Wheeler who occupy top 6 spots.

He's been linked to Florida through this ordeal. FLA can offer their 1st+ or Trocheck - who fits the need as a young/good long-term 2C on a taem friendly deal.

Reactions: waltdetroit

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I don't think Trouba wants to be in Canada. And Wing isn't a top need for the Jets with Ehlers/Laine/Connor/Wheeler who occupy top 6 spots.

He's been linked to Florida through this ordeal. FLA can offer their 1st+ or Trocheck - who fits the need as a young/good long-term 2C on a taem friendly deal.
If TML traded for Trouba's 1 year before UFA to push them to the SCF (ala CBJ's)..., but maybe Dubas isn't a gambler

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If TML traded for Trouba's 1 year before UFA to push them to the SCF (ala CBJ's)..., but maybe Dubas isn't a gambler

they can't fit Trouba next season i dont think.... his 1 year offer is what 6M? They got to sign Marner too. they have roughly 6M (assuming 83M cap). I don't think they'd trade Nylander for a rental.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah... if Trocheck is in play we aren't getting Trouba.
yea who knows if he's truly in play. Just saying he's a piece that would benefit the Jets.

I can see a larger deal akin to the CGY/CAR swap...perhaps include Trochek+Pysyk for Trouba+? Pysyk is more of a third pairing guy though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad