Value of: Trouba to NJ

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
What would it cost the devils to acquire a package of trouba and kulikov? New Jersey really needs help on D and has tons of cap space. What pieces would Winnipeg be look at? Would vatanen+ be enough?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
voGMGTr.jpg

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What would it cost the devils to acquire a package of trouba and kulikov? New Jersey really needs help on D and has tons of cap space. What pieces would Winnipeg be look at? Would vatanen+ be enough?
Obviously it depends on what the + is but the + would need to be substantial. Cant see the Jets attaching another contract to a Trouba trade. They will maximize his trade value.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Jets' blueline will be ugly if this happens, since it doesn't look like Myers is returning. Chiarot will probably be re-signed. Samberg still a year away and Poolman may not be the answer for us. Kulikov is at least a serviceable 2nd pairing D-man.

Morrissey - Byfuglien
Beaulieu - Vatanen
Chiarot* - Niku

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Devils are better off keeping Vatanen and preparing to offer Erik Karlsson close to a max contract in FA. They have the most amount of money available besides Carolina and the biggest reason to acquire him.

Pair up Karlsson with Hughes and that team will be different. It might convince Hall that you're dedicated to trying for the playoffs as well.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
For myself if the deal includes Severson, I’m listening but not likely otherwise.

yeah, and thats where it doesn't make sense from NJ's perspective because Severson is not far off from Trouba. Especially considering the contract Trouba is going to get.

I understand wanting that though.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I have had my eye on jersey's prospects for awhile now as a Jets fan. I am also a member of the somewhat radical pro-youth faction of the jets fan base. How about Trouba for Vatanen, Blackwood and Ty smith?

I would be prepared to add something. Blackwood I think will be better than Hellebuyck.

Reactions: DJN21

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
yeah, and thats where it doesn't make sense from NJ's perspective because Severson is not far off from Trouba. Especially considering the contract Trouba is going to get.

I understand wanting that though.

Then you also understand inversely why Jets fans would have no interest in Vat for Trouba.

Reactions: Snowman

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I have had my eye on jersey's prospects for awhile now as a Jets fan. I am also a member of the somewhat radical pro-youth faction of the jets fan base. How about Trouba for Vatanen, Blackwood and Ty smith?

I would be prepared to add something. Blackwood I think will be better than Hellebuyck.

lol

have a blessed day.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Vatanen and a 2020 first rounder, at most top 3 protected. Contingent on Trouba signing a long term extension.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

That's funny!

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I have never chatted with Devils fans before...I'll give you this...you have a sense of humour.

How about Trouba and a 2020 first for Smith and Blackwood.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I have never chatted with Devils fans before...I'll give you this...you have a sense of humour.

How about Trouba and a 2020 first for Smith and Blackwood.

The problem is we can't trade Blackwood. Cory sucks and we have no other good goalie prospects in the system. If it was a sign and trade with Trouba locked up long-term I would probably be willing to do Vatanen + Smith. It would hurt, but I really like Trouba. A piece we'd rather move over Smith would be Butcher, but I don't know if you guys have a need. I could also see Wood being moved, but don't think Vatanen + Wood do it for WPG.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The problem is we can't trade Blackwood. Cory sucks and we have no other good goalie prospects in the system. If it was a sign and trade with Trouba locked up long-term I would probably be willing to do Vatanen + Smith. It would hurt, but I really like Trouba. A piece we'd rather move over Smith would be Butcher, but I don't know if you guys have a need. I could also see Wood being moved, but don't think Vatanen + Wood do it for WPG.

Schneider was very good the 2nd half of the season. He was trash the first half, agreed. But he was recovering from a serious injury.

and in no way am I giving up Ty Smith in any trade involving Trouba.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hmm, well I haven’t looked through the Devils roster or prospect pool in awhile. I guess I should take a peak.

giphy.gif

the Devils are quite content with our prospect pool, thank you very much. Especially after we add a bunch more to our system after this draft with all the picks we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad