Speculation: Trouba to Boston for Krug (prospect and draft pick)

lakewinnipeg

Mar 27, 2017
Per Sherreli

Says Boston was close to acquiring Trouba last off-season and Jets would have made the deal if Boston budged on few issues.

Looks like Boston now would offer Krug, 1st round pick, prospect likely Jeremy Lauzon.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Per Sherreli

Says Boston was close to acquiring Trouba last off-season and Jets would have made the deal if Boston budged on few issues.

Looks like Boston now would offer Krug, 1st round pick, prospect likely Jeremy Lauzon.

I'd take the deal, we need a lefty and allready have Myers and Buff, and could possible get Liljegren as well with our own pick, but with a plus pick we could even pick a prospect like Hague up and leave our first pick to Offense. I wouldn't mind at all. But with all this said I highly believe Trouba is the best and highest quality of the bunch involving this trade.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Per Sherreli

If Mcovy is not coming back then no deal.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Per Sherreli

In the off season I floated Trouba for Krug and Zboril. Fans of both teams didn't mind the deal.

However, Trouba has improved his value vastly this year, so I'm not sure I like the value of either of our proposals.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
In the off season I floated Trouba for Krug and Zboril. Fans of both teams didn't mind the deal.

However, Trouba has improved his value vastly this year, so I'm not sure I like the value of either of our proposals.

It has to be Krug and Mcovy now. It might be an overpay on their end but Trouba is too valuable to trade for a lesser player and a middling prospect and a mid to late 1st round pick (We have little use for either of them)

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
It has to be Krug and Mcovy now. It might be an overpay on their end but Trouba is too valuable to trade for a lesser player and a middling prospect and a mid to late 1st round pick (We have little use for either of them)

The team paying with several pieces for 1 elite player should overpay in my opinion.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If that's what the reported deal was, that's a pretty decent offer. Not sure how good Lauzon is but Krug and a 1st is a pretty good fit for us.

Krug is a better fit for us than McCovoy is. He'd be stuck in the same situation as Trouba playing behind Buff and Myers...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If that's what the reported deal was, that's a pretty decent offer. Not sure how good Lauzon is but Krug and a 1st is a pretty good fit for us.

Krug is a better fit for us than McCovoy is. He'd be stuck in the same situation as Trouba playing behind Buff and Myers...

Myers is gone in 2 seasons which would give McAvoy a rookie season in a lesser role and he can then take over from Myers in a years time or sooner if he's ready. Krug is another offensive dmen that I'm not 100% sure fits with either Buff or Myers at this point. I'd rather hold onto Trouba in any case.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Myers is gone in 2 seasons which would give McAvoy a rookie season in a lesser role and he can then take over from Myers in a years time or sooner if he's ready. Krug is another offensive dmen that I'm not 100% sure fits with either Buff or Myers at this point. I'd rather hold onto Trouba in any case.

Boston isn't trading mcavoy unless laine is offered.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I must have missed that one. No thanks now. No thanks during the hold-out.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Boston isn't trading mcavoy unless laine is offered.

That's fine. Trouba is what they hope McAvoy turns into so if they don't want to part with An A plus asset than we aren't giving the more valuable player Trouba up.

I don't understand why some people hold unproven players in higher esteem than proven elite talent. The Jets are close to the verge of contending and people want to sell off our elite talent for downgrades and magic beans that won't be ready for 2-3 years, essentially weakening the team. If you want us to downgrade as we enter our window than you better damn well make it so we can't refuse the offer or don't come calling. Atleast thats my opinion on the matter.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
That's fine. Trouba is what they hope McAvoy turns into so if they don't want to part with An A plus asset than we aren't giving the more valuable player Trouba up.

I don't understand why some people hold unproven players in higher esteem than proven elite talent. The Jets are close to the verge of contending and people want to sell off our elite talent for downgrades and magic beans that won't be ready for 2-3 years, essentially weakening the team. If you want us to downgrade as we enter our window than you better damn well make it so we can't refuse the offer or don't come calling. Atleast thats my opinion on the matter.

I don't care about the value of the offers 1 way or the other. Our player asked for the trade so history suggests we will get somewhat less in value in return. All i said was don't expect mcavoy in any trade coming back. It won't happen.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we trade Trouba to Boston I want McAvoy, Lauzon and their 1st otherwise no dice. You want the best player you overpay.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
The Bruins won't be dealing McAvoy. And if they trade Krug it will be for another lefty. This ship sailed when Brandon Carlo made the team and it's out of sight now that McAvoy is ready. Bruins right side is set.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
The Bruins won't be dealing McAvoy. And if they trade Krug it will be for another lefty. This ship sailed when Brandon Carlo made the team and it's out of sight now that McAvoy is ready. Bruins right side is set.

Cool.

Trouba's better than everyone else mentioned in this thread anyway.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I subscribe to a scouting website that has very large concerns on Liljegrens hockey intelligence and positional awareness.

Heiskanen, or Cale Makar, or even Valimaki might actually be better D prospects to consider if the Scout is right.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I subscribe to a scouting website that has very large concerns on Liljegrens hockey intelligence and positional awareness.

Heiskanen, or Cale Makar, or even Valimaki might actually be better D prospects to consider if the Scout is right.

That is one of the "possible" advantages NHL teams have because they can have there own guys give a good long look. If Liljegren gets a stink on him he could drop to us because that is exactly what happened to Chychrun last season....he flat lined a bit and then there were the questions about IQ. Personally give me the smart player any day of the week on D.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
If Trouba is willing to sign an extension, it would take one hell of a lot for me to move him.

It is unlikely that McAvoy will ever reach Trouba's current level. A deal would start with him or Krug then add plus, plus, plus.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Just to clarify - I'm not singling anyone out here, but if someone thinks that Boston would not trade McAvoy for Trouba, they know sweet nothing about hockey.

McAvoy and Krug would get my attention. Together. Nothing less than that would.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Rather have Trouba than any of those players.

Is there any confirmation of this quote?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The problem with Krug is he is only under contract for 3 more seasons and the last two seasons he is protected by a modified NTC. We have Jacob Trouba as our property for 3 more seasons with no trade restrictions so why would we make the centerpiece in a deal for Trouba a player that will be a UFA in the same year?

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
The problem with Krug is he is only under contract for 3 more seasons and the last two seasons he is protected by a modified NTC. We have Jacob Trouba as our property for 3 more seasons with no trade restrictions so why would we make the centerpiece in a deal for Trouba a player that will be a UFA in the same year?

All else being equal, I agree, you don't make that trade.

But if Trouba is 100% gone once he reaches UFA (and he has clearly told Chevy this), you might be forced into a sub-optimal deal for a package of other players who are more open to the idea of resigning long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad