Trouba seeking revenge Wednesday?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
With the way the 3rd pair has looked and with the way Trouba has been playing, we really cannot afford to lose Trouba for 5 minutes.

Let Reavo go after Martin.

Thats what Reaves is here for. To be that guy. Reaves has history with Johnston. The HF fans basically considered them #1, #2. Some even had Johnston as top Heavyweight enforcer in the game. That balance was disruped a bit last year when Sam Morin dropped Johnston in a really good heavyweight tilt. Johnston was out for a bit and hasn't fought since then.

I don't think there will be any fireworks with Martin and Trouba. That hit was last year. It didnt garner the same attention as the Wilson incident. The Rangers were a different team last year. Youtube the video. Trouba gets hammered. Nobody, does a thing. Miller was right there. Kreider was on the ice. It was part of the problem that was addressed in the off season. If that was Charlie McAvoy, guys would have been jumping the benches to get to Martin.

The entire Islander team hates Goodrow. There's history there.

Reactions: egelband

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
He’s done exactly what he was brought in to do. Be a presence and be physical. It’s not his fault nobody wants to fight him, well except that one poor guy who got the biggest ass kicking of his life…
ROFL, that poor sap got destroyed by Reaves

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The Isles have made us their bitch for years now... can we just win and enjoy that?

We loose 7-1 and Trouba whoops Martin, how do we feel? This is absurd.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Trouba doesn’t need to fight anyone. Just play nasty and let Reaves pummel Martin. If no neck dresses Johnston, Reaves can overpower him and Goodrow has Martin.

Pound them on the scoreboard and into the ice.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I am ready for this team to bond over a very chippy game where guys have to have each other’s backs and we play with more bite. I was hoping the season opener against the Caps would be that type of game. I will settle for pounding the Piles instead. Time for our young skilled players to skate with some swag.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I am ready for this team to bond over a very chippy game where guys have to have each other’s backs and we play with more bite. I was hoping the season opener against the Caps would be that type of game. I will settle for pounding the Piles instead. Time for our young skilled players to skate with some swag.
Looking forward to a solid win where we out-hit the Islanders 3:1 and people still complain because Reaves didn't literally fight and Martin didn't actually die.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Looking forward to a solid win where we out-hit the Islanders 3:1 and people still complain because Reaves didn't literally fight and Martin didn't actually die.
We have been manhandled as a team the past few seasons. I don’t really remember many games in recent years where were dealing it out more than taking it. I want to see an assertive team play a heavy game. If someone gets their face punched in fine but more than anything I want a win.

I can think of 5 isles players I’d like see get beat up more than Martin. I’ll start with Clutterbuck.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We have been manhandled as a team the past few seasons. I don’t really remember many games in recent years where were dealing it out more than taking it. I want to see an assertive team play a heavy game. If someone gets their face punched in fine but more than anything I want a win.

I can think of 5 isles players I’d like see get beat up more than Martin. I’ll start with Clutterbuck.
We've done that a lot this season

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW the only fighting that Ross Johnston is going to be doing on Wednesday is with the Covid virus. He’s out along with Anders Lee, Josh Bailey, Kieffer Bellows, Adam Pelech and Andy Greene—as per Ethan Sears at the NY Post who also wrote they’ve all tested positive. As well Ryan Pulock out 6 weeks with a hip injury and Brock Nelson left last night’s game in the first period limping and he didn’t return.

I hope not but it wouldn’t surprise me if Wednesday’s game is postponed to a later date. I don’t want Trouba fighting with Matt Martin. If there is a game I want us to win—to keep the Islanders losing streak going. If someone needs to fight with Martin let it be Reaves.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why does this come up every time we play this clown ass team? You guys are weird.

The Islanders are not a particularly tough team. They're just boring. They have one line that does hit a ton but then they have three lines that could play the whole season without equipment. Yeah, Reavo better step up or 5'3" Mat Barzal and 62-year-old Brock Nelson are gonna run Igor.

The last time they embarrassed us out in Uniondale, we outhit them like 47-11 or some shit. What f***ing good did it do us?

I think some of you have created this fairy tale that the Islanders are MS-13 because you have unresolved inferiority issues from the 80's.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
There is no reason to dress Tinordi ever.

If you feel it's necessary, we have Reaves who is an NHL player and a better fighter.
Reason being , why lose Reaves for more than 5 minutes, Tinordi can handle himself and would be a better trade off

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
They suck, are frustrated, and have no problem taking cheap shots. If this game gets out of hand on the scoreboard it's going to get nasty but we can handle that this year.
I agree but I’ll give the The Isles some credit. For a team that hits a ton they do it pretty cleanly in general.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad