Proposal: Trouba+Roslovic for Matheson+Borgstrom

Which side wins?

• Total voters

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He can’t walk he is a RFA next season.

But he's walking in 2.

I'd start looking at trades for him now when teams could have 2 RFA years of him, next year nobody will trade for him unless they know they can sign him, and how many teams will he be ready to sign with, what is he looking for.
Then add the factor that every team thinks he's walking in 12 months from the Jets which will give a hit to his price.

Not the place Chevy wants to be.

Reactions: Ookhaab and Laus723

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Mostly gut feeling.

Let me guess - he's better than Kadri too?
I will take that as a "no I haven't watched roslovic" if you had watched him a simple yes would have done. Just another example of you posting things you have no idea about.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Take out Roslovic and even then that offer would be beat by others. Roslovic very well may be our 2C next year. This is garbage.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd like to see what Borgstrom can do for us in a Panthers uniform. Feel he could become a legit top 6 winger, don't see him getting full usage behind Barkov and Trocheck if he stays as a C.
Hoffman and Huberdeau as LW should allow for Borgstrom and Vatrano to fight for #3LW spot. If they faulter, we have McGinn or Mamin ready to step in.

Trouba is an upgrade on Matheson but take into account JTs next contract and Mathesons potential to become a future top pairing guy and it's a trade to make a trade. I like Mathesons speed and 2 way ability, plus hes locked up for under $5million and looks to be a #3 at worst or #2 at best going forward.

The value is in FLAs favor right now but long term, I like the potential of Borgstrom and Matheson more. No deal but decent proposal.

Reactions: Ookhaab and Laus723

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
So Jets have to trade him now when he’s still an RFA and his value is down(that doesn’t make sense to me).
His value isn't going to go up from here on out. He either continues to play well and want out or he starts to play bad and the Jets get less for him. You're not gunna get full value for a player that has made it clear he doesn't want to be there. Other teams know you can't just keep him and sign him. Either take what they give you or lose him for nothing and have a player on your roster that everyone knows doesn't want to be there for the long-term.

Reactions: hector morrison

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I'd like to see what Borgstrom can do for us in a Panthers uniform. Feel he could become a legit top 6 winger, don't see him getting full usage behind Barkov and Trocheck if he stays as a C.
Hoffman and Huberdeau as LW should allow for Borgstrom and Vatrano to fight for #3LW spot. If they faulter, we have McGinn or Mamin ready to step in.

Trouba is an upgrade on Matheson but take into account JTs next contract and Mathesons potential to become a future top pairing guy and it's a trade to make a trade. I like Mathesons speed and 2 way ability, plus hes locked up for under $5million and looks to be a #3 at worst or #2 at best going forward.

The value is in FLAs favor right now but long term, I like the potential of Borgstrom and Matheson more. No deal but decent proposal.

This. Matheson grew last year and is locked up to a great contract. Don’t want to move him for a maybe and likely more money.

But, if he were to go for Trouba, a Borgstrom for Roslovic doesn’t need to be made to make up the difference. Probably isn’t any, we’ve barely seen Borgstrom on the ice.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Big no from the Panthers. Trouba plays the right side, we would be left with only Yandle on the left side. Panthers are also pretty high on Borgstrom the difference between Matheson and Trouba is not Borgstrom

Did you read the proposal out loud and think the "Roslovic" word was silent or did you not mentioned him on purpose?

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
To me, Florida and Winnipeg seem like good trade partners.

Winnipeg gets an ELC top 6 C, and Matheson, who doesn't have the boom potential that Trouba's skillset gives him, but is a very good defenceman on a great deal. Slight downgrade on defence, slight upgrade in the top 6.

Florida, who has one of the best 1-2C combos in the league, can sell from a point of strength, and still get a very good, very cheap C who is likely slotted as a lower end #2. Not the same ceiling as Borg, but still a very valuable player. They also upgrade on Matheson to a more explosive player in Trouba. Trouba has strong 5v5 numbers, and I think he would thrive with some PP time. Ekblad would have more opportunity to range, like he used to do in junior.

Thoughts?
Matheson, Borgstrom and a 2020 3rd for Trouba. Roslovic is no throw in. If you need a spare winger with upside, Petan and Dano are available and we wouldn't need to change the terms of the deal much.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would take this if I’m Winnipeg. Matheson is more than serviceable as a top 4 D, and will be for many years. Trouba could and should and up being a good #2. I’m uncertain how I feel about Roslovic, but he will be a good NHLer. The deal breaker for me is Borgstrom. He hasn’t had an Nhl season yet, so you never really know how he’s gonna pan out. But if borgstrom hits his ceiling, this is a steal for Winnipeg. Schielfe and Borgstrom down the middle for the next 10 years.

That would be a sight.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I don't see a pressing reason for us to do this. You upgrade for now with Trouba for sure, but down the road, don't know. Plus you're unsure about signing Trouba long term moving forward. Plus you're trading homegrown talent when there's no issues with Matheson, and again, he could equal Trouba in the future. I don't see any motivation for the Panthers to do this.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Did you read the proposal out loud and think the "Roslovic" word was silent or did you not mentioned him on purpose?

Well first of all I didn’t read it out loud as I don’t have any mental disabilities. And second I don’t know or care to know who that is we aren’t not giving up our top prospect for him. Keep Trouba and Rosowhatever no one wants either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad