Value of: Trouba/Morrissey

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Ya I can understand the hesitation to unload him. Chevy will have become a math wiz to make the cap work no? With all those RFAs, you do have some hefty UFA money coming off the books so Enstrom and Stastny may be casualties?

If Buff was made available, what's his value from FLA?
Buff is simply not available. it would be damn near impossible for the Jets to replace the overall player and package that Buff brings. If you have a cheaper/younger Buff, then it would be him lol.

However, if you want a good offensive-dman Myers might be available due to cap reasons. Isn't as good physically or defensively as Buff but i think he can put up over 0.5 PPG on another team.

Enstrom likely wont be re-signed or will take a super cheap contract. No clue about Stastny, likely not re-signed

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Bjugstad and 2018 1st??? May be too much though. We don’t Have to get rid of him so would be an overpay

If that was the price, I think Tallon would pull the trigger and send his one adopted son to WPG and bring his other adopted son to FLA. I'd feel guilty saying yes to this. Buff is worth more.

I'd like to keep Bjugstad and offer up other assets instead.

2019 1st + 2018 2nd (ARI pick we own) + Malgin/Mascherin + Pysyk

For

Buff = 1st + 2nd + Pysyk
Comrie = Mascherin/Malgin

Maybe add a small sweetener but feel it's close with that 2nd being one of the best picks in that round to balance out the 1st being in 2019?
Reasoning would be Trouba becomes your #1RD, re-sign Myers as #2RD and Pysyk as your #3RD. Feel your offense up front would help ease the blow of losing Buff.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Buff is simply not available. it would be damn near impossible for the Jets to replace the overall player and package that Buff brings. If you have a cheaper/younger Buff, then it would be him lol.

However, if you want a good offensive-dman Myers might be available due to cap reasons. Isn't as good physically or defensively as Buff but i think he can put up over 0.5 PPG on another team.

Enstrom likely wont be re-signed or will take a super cheap contract. No clue about Stastny, likely not re-signed

Enstrom is better defensively than Myers obviously? Can he play both sides or preferably LD? How's his skating? What type of contract do you think he'd be looking for?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Enstrom is better defensively than Myers obviously? Can he play both sides or preferably LD? How's his skating? What type of contract do you think he'd be looking for?
TBH i dont think Enstrom signs with another team other than the Jets. I think he goes back home to Sweden unless he signs a 1 year deal for cheap. I am not the biggest Enstrom fan, he is decent positionally and with his stick defensively and a good pass out the zone. However, he gets supremely overwhelmed physically and the offense has dried up. There are other similarly sized Dman as him that are much stronger than he is. He is an oft-injured bottom pairing LHD at this point.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I don't see it being a problem for the Jets to have to move someone out for next year, as long as the cap does indeed go up to 80-82M. Even going on the high end that all three of Hele, Trouba and Morrisey get 7M cap hits each, they would have about 4M wiggle room left using 80M as the bar.

Even if there is a cap casualty, I feel like it would be Mason in goal instead. Say trading him and Petan/mid pick to Vancouver for Nilsson. Would save 1.6M in cap hit.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Just over 7x7 would do it I think
7x7=49mil /5 yrs = 9.8mil is right at the line for 4/1sts
??
Their GM isn't stupid, he would restructure the offer to avoid getting up over 9.8

They don't want to gift the jets 4 free firsts despite what some Winnipeg fans seem to think based on this thread

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
As a follow up, how do jets fans see their cap going forward?
Are Stastny and Myers cap casualties? Or can they fit wheeler and the rfas in?

Hellebuck must have earned himself 6ish with a vezina nod
Personally to deal with the cap restrictions I would seriously look at moving both Myers and Perreault. Would allow key pieces being signed including ( hopefully ) Stastny.

A 2C like Stastny is worth a lot more to the Jets than Perreault as the Jets have a lot of LW talent available, most at EL prices. Myers being traded gets a pretty substantial return and Trouba, Buff & Poolman are a pretty good RH trio. Manage the cap with entry level contracts and spend the dollars where it impacts the most ( 2C ).

Reactions: aqsw

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Their GM isn't stupid, he would restructure the offer to avoid getting up over 9.8

They don't want to gift the jets 4 free firsts despite what some Winnipeg fans seem to think based on this thread
Then the Jets would simply match the contract. Their GM isn’t stupid either, even if you seem to desparetly hope he is :)

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Trouba just isn't as good as he or his agent thinks. Nobody in their right mind would offer him $9+ million. Oh oh, I forgot, Chiarelli is still a GM.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Is Byfuglien expendable at end of this season if management prefer to re-sign Myers and Trouba long term?

I'd hope Tallon is interested in bringing Buff to FLA. We have 1sts, 2nds, prospects and cheaper roster players to make it worth your while.

You have no ice fishing in Florida Buff is not interested.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
some jets fans saying morrisey is better and others saying trouba is and that hes a number 1 dman...
any consensus?

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
some jets fans saying morrisey is better and others saying trouba is and that hes a number 1 dman...
any consensus?

Morrissey is better defensively and a better skater and while Trouba is good offensively, Morrissey really hasn’t been given a chance to shine. He can turn it on when he wants but has had zero chance on the PPlay. My vote is with Josh Norrissey.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
The Jets have 25m+ in capspace next year. They can easily afford it

I don’t see it.

Hellebuyck is a Vezina nominee... 6-7 million there

Laine has the most goals since he’s entered the league... 8.5-10 million right there

Connor just finished his rookie season with 31 Goals... 5 - 6 million over here

Roslovic and Niku are still yet to show their NHL potential but they are excellent prospects, in two years time they could be to expensive for us. Probably 8 million combined here

Then add the proposing 12 million to that and the Jets are knew deep in Cap issues.

I’d prefer to keep all of those players above over Trouba(I’d rather a guy who is dedicated to the organization over a guy who would rather miss a percentage of the season over a money temper tantrum, point in case I would prefer a guy who is more about his team than himself regardless if he’s a little better).

Reactions: belair

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Morrissey is better defensively and a better skater and while Trouba is good offensively, Morrissey really hasn’t been given a chance to shine. He can turn it on when he wants but has had zero chance on the PPlay. My vote is with Josh Norrissey.
interesting, i thought deference was troubas calling card?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I don’t see it.

Hellebuyck is a Vezina nominee... 6-7 million there

Laine has the most goals since he’s entered the league... 8.5-10 million right there

Connor just finished his rookie season with 31 Goals... 5 - 6 million over here

Roslovic and Niku are still yet to show their NHL potential but they are excellent prospects, in two years time they could be to expensive for us. Probably 8 million combined here

Then add the proposing 12 million to that and the Jets are knew deep in Cap issues.

I’d prefer to keep all of those players above over Trouba(I’d rather a guy who is dedicated to the organization over a guy who would rather miss a percentage of the season over a money temper tantrum, point in case I would prefer a guy who is more about his team than himself regardless if he’s a little better).
Only Morrissey/Trouba/Hellebuyck require new deals next year. 25m is more than enough for the Jets to keep all their players if they chose. Enstrom gone this year and Myers or Perreault next year and the Jets are fine with cap space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad