Eklund Rumor: Trouba for Landeskog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Flawed logic. More wingers might have held out knowing they were in for a big payday on the market.

Perhaps, but I would disagree. Centre's and defensman seem to be the keys to building a winning team. Look at Team Canada...aren't they taking 11 centre's and 1 winger this year? I don't think players like Lucic, or Eriksson, or Boedker were ever viewed as staples. Key players don't make it to free agency, their teams do their utmost to lock them up.

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
Oh I know what you are saying, but what if Chevy cant get him signed? Its not like he will just let him sit all year and miss out on him or what he can bring in a trade. Hence why I said if its impossible for Chevy to sign him, then he needs to look at a trade and its pretty damn tough to say no to Landeskog

Jets are a budget team and they wont be spending extreme money on contracts. They will stay firm with what they feel they can offer Trouba.

I really wish we knew what Trouba was demanding. I wanna know if his demands are delusional or if they are close but both sides refusing to budge that last bit

If Chevy can't get him signed, then he talks to the 28 other teams to find the best deal available.

As for being a budget team: "the Jets have been a budget team and Chipman’s stance on this has been clear: the team would spend in the third quartile of the salary range on a year-in, year-out basis with the ability to bump up salary expenditures when deemed necessary by competitive forces. If the team is on the verge of contending and capable of winning multiple playoff rounds, Chipman will give spending to the cap the green light."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-in-on-off-season-developments-310398941.html

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If Chevy can't get him signed, then he talks to the 28 other teams to find the best deal available.

As for being a budget team: "the Jets have been a budget team and Chipman’s stance on this has been clear: the team would spend in the third quartile of the salary range on a year-in, year-out basis with the ability to bump up salary expenditures when deemed necessary by competitive forces. If the team is on the verge of contending and capable of winning multiple playoff rounds, Chipman will give spending to the cap the green light."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-in-on-off-season-developments-310398941.html

Well we will see.. just posted the rumor I saw

BearishRiggs

Mar 21, 2013
The value may be there but I doubt either team does it, especially WPG. I believe the only thing they'd move Trouba for is a similarly aged D to play the left side.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I see Winnipeg doing Duchene for Trouba. Given what we have seen anything is possible.

I agree if Laine is a winger the Winnipeg really doesn't need another winger

What do you mean if? There's nothing to suggest that he ever would or even could play centre.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
The fact the Avs value what Trouba brings more than Barrie enough to look into subtracting from their stable of forwards yet again is beyond stupid.

They had the best group of high end forward talent in the league not so long ago.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
The fact the Avs value what Trouba brings more than Barrie enough to look into subtracting from their stable of forwards yet again is beyond stupid.

They had the best group of high end forward talent in the league not so long ago.

and they had a defense fit for the ahl

Reactions: Snowman

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
maybe the Avs feel that Landy hasn't been the greatest leader for the team ...and stripping him of the 'C' would only lead to turmoil in the locker room? so rather than deal with that kind of drama ...trade him for a nice asset. :popcorn:

maybe they want MacKinnon to be the guy?

i must say, i haven't been all that impressed with Landy as a Captain ...and i thought the team was kinda stupid to put the 'C' on him when they did, making him the youngest Captain ever in the NHL. i didn't think he was ready for it at the time, and i didn't think he deserved it ...but hey, whatever.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

AVS are a better team with Landeskog and Barrie than with Trouba and RNH.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Only way Chevy trades Trouba for a forward (especially a winger) is:

- He can't sign Trouba to a reasonable contract.
- He can't find a young LHD of equal value to trade for.
- He can't find a young RHD of equal value to trade for.
- He can't find a young near NHL ready high end prospect dman to trade for.
- Thus he must trade Trouba for the BPA regardless of position....thus a forward.

Jets are loaded at forward position, especially wingers. Our greatest strengths are wingers and RHD. I love Landeskog, good player & character.....but just isn't a need on the Jets IMO. Value wise yes it's pretty fair, just no need from the Jets POV.

I would be very surprised if this trade happened. If the Jets traded any of their top 4, they need to get a top 4 back or were screwed at defence.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
ya agreed... or maybe this is a situation where you accept the deal and then address dmen needs? Cause IMO if Trouba is impossible to get signed and Landeskog is being offered, Chevy needs to take it

cause obviously Chevy is having extreme trouble getting him signed

I think this is some major assuming.
Scheifele has yet to sign his new contract.
Lowry and Armia...
No one is freaking out about that.

There's lots of time for the Jets to sign Trouba.
Winnipeg has all the leverage.
Recent and fairly recent signings are all in the Jets favor as far as comparables for Trouba.

So many people are jumping to unnecessary conclusions.
The idea that 100% of "business" would be taken care of by July 1st is silly.

Unless someone wants to hand the Jets a cheaper better option than Trouba we should just keep him. Trading him for a forward (regardless of value) is a step backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad