Eklund Rumor: Trouba for Landeskog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I've seen it everywhere, except from anyone who actually has credibility. Either it's real, or it's just secondary insiders to...jokes of insiders picking up on each other and running with it. We shall see.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
With the Hall/Larsson trade, I don't think this is that off anymore.

exactly... either im becoming more gullible or else I just really don't know what to think anymore as far as value and star players swapping is concerned haha

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So the Jets weaken their blueline to add to a position of strength?

ya agreed... or maybe this is a situation where you accept the deal and then address dmen needs? Cause IMO if Trouba is impossible to get signed and Landeskog is being offered, Chevy needs to take it

cause obviously Chevy is having extreme trouble getting him signed

Reactions: north49er

Avs44

May 16, 2011
exactly... either im becoming more gullible or else I just really don't know what to think anymore as far as value and star players swapping is concerned haha

I think the market for defensmen is insane, and the market for wingers is weak. Look at how many top wingers made it to free agency this year. Ladd, Boedker, Radulov, Lucic, Backes, Eriksson. The best defenders that made it to July 1st were Demers, Hamhuis, Campbell, and...Russell?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Why would Colorado trade Landeskog? They should trade one of their centers.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

I don't get this either and I cant wrap my head around why people keep saying it.... but then again why don't Avs just sign Barrie to a contract and roll with what they've got....

IMO the Avs management is just odd... I think this team could be extremely dangerous if Barrie signs and they go into the season with this squad, but there are so many rumors of management shaking up the team and its shocking to me. I think Avs are one of the most exciting teams in NHL but for whatever reason rumors always surround them.... unknown dressing room issues amongst guys???

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
ya agreed... or maybe this is a situation where you accept the deal and then address dmen needs? Cause IMO if Trouba is impossible to get signed and Landeskog is being offered, Chevy needs to take it

cause obviously Chevy is having extreme trouble getting him signed

And how do you go about "addressing dmen needs," exactly? The events that transpired in the last week should tell you how absurd that notion is; you're vastly underestimating the difficulty

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Trouba is a RFA, just like Barrie who they're still trying to lock up.

And who is going to replace Landeskog, their team captain? They going to sign Alex Tanguay?

It's Eklund. You know he wants the clicks.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
And how do you go about "addressing dmen needs", exactly? The events that transpired in the last week should tell you how absurd that notion is; you're vastly underestimating the difficulty

Oh I know what you are saying, but what if Chevy cant get him signed? Its not like he will just let him sit all year and miss out on him or what he can bring in a trade. Hence why I said if its impossible for Chevy to sign him, then he needs to look at a trade and its pretty damn tough to say no to Landeskog

Jets are a budget team and they wont be spending extreme money on contracts. They will stay firm with what they feel they can offer Trouba.

I really wish we knew what Trouba was demanding. I wanna know if his demands are delusional or if they are close but both sides refusing to budge that last bit

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't get this either and I cant wrap my head around why people keep saying it.... but then again why don't Avs just sign Barrie to a contract and roll with what they've got....

IMO the Avs management is just odd... I think this team could be extremely dangerous if Barrie signs and they go into the season with this squad, but there are so many rumors of management shaking up the team and its shocking to me. I think Avs are one of the most exciting teams in NHL but for whatever reason rumors always surround them.... unknown dressing room issues amongst guys???

There are no internal issues, they've been incompetently handled and poorly constructed. The defense was never properly solved, and while part of the solution may be coming in Zadorov and Bigras, the defense is years behind the forwards in terms of development. Three years ago, the forwards were stacked:

O'Reilly - Duchene - McGinn
Landeskog - Stastny - Downie
Tanguay - MacKinnon - Parenteau

That is what the Avs rolled out opening night, they were exciting then. Obviously the cap mean that had to end, but idiotic contracts (the Avs have essentially 9 million 'dead' dollars in Iginla and Stuart) and no big addition on the back end has really hampered the team. The Avs just have to wait this year out and get Iginla and Stuart off the books. As it stands right now, the team needs one top pairing defender and one top 6 forward. If they had that, they would be in really good shape in my opinion, but with a lack of moveable assets and really poor cap management that will be the off-season of 2017.

Trading Landeskog would be stupid. Dreger reported the Avs discussed Landeskog for Lindholm with the Ducks, so if something like that falls in their lap they should take it, but otherwise he should be kept. Regarding Barrie, we really don't know what he's been asking for, perhaps it's ludicrous, but I also think he might be lost due to previously poor management on defense. Barrie ideally would have a good partner to excel, but with the way the rest of the defense is built, the Avs basically need to use Barrie's money on a high end defender who will babysit young players like Zadorov and Bigras. If the Avs had one more really high end defender and had managed their cap better, this wouldn't be such a problem in my opinion.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Jets should be targeting Duchene...they are weak down the middle.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Trouba is a RFA, just like Barrie who they're still trying to lock up.

And who is going to replace Landeskog, their team captain? They going to sign Alex Tanguay?

It's Eklund. You know he wants the clicks.

It is not only Ekland who has talked about the possibility of Landeskog being traded.

It is most likely all ********.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If they are moving Landeskog for Trouba, that probably means Barrie is gone. Johnson/Barrie/Trouba would be overkill on the right side, and the team would be relatively weak at wing with Landeskog gone.

If Landeskog goes for Trouba, here's my off the wall prediction based off esteemed sources like Eklund and some football guy on twitter who hasn't posted in 7 months.

Barrie+Iginla to EDM for RNH+Eberle. Cap in/out makes sense. Going to his home town and helping mentor McDavid under a GM he is familiar with should be motivation enough for Iginla to accept the trade. Who knows how much value the core of the losingest team of this era has.

Duchene plays LW. RNH/MacKinnon down the middle. Eberle replaces Iginla in the depth chart. Trouba replaces Barrie.

EDM gets Barrie/Larsson on the right side as well as a veteran presence in Iginla who is still....okay and whose contract will be done next season.

Nobody on either of the three sides likes these trades. THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW ITS GOOD....just kidding....sort of. Not saying I'd do this, more of an off the wall "prediction" based of "rumors" than a suggestion.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I see Winnipeg doing Duchene for Trouba. Given what we have seen anything is possible.

I agree if Laine is a winger the Winnipeg really doesn't need another winger

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I think the market for defensmen is insane, and the market for wingers is weak. Look at how many top wingers made it to free agency this year. Ladd, Boedker, Radulov, Lucic, Backes, Eriksson. The best defenders that made it to July 1st were Demers, Hamhuis, Campbell, and...Russell?
Flawed logic. More wingers might have held out knowing they were in for a big payday on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad