Rumor: Trouba for Kadri Rumour (Winnipeg Sun)

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
After the season he just put together Trouba is worth the same if not more than he was last summer even with 1 less year till UFA..... IMHO

That's exactly how I see it too. I don't think Trouba's value has ever been higher. This was definitely the off-season to look at moving him. He had a career year and team still has control for another year. I think a lot of haters are going to be pretty shocked at what he fetches in return. Three or four teams will be making a hard push to get him.

I am just so so sad to see him leave. I want him to sign a long-term deal more than anything this summer. But alas, the writing is on the wall.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Also how can we even fit Kadri's cap hit in. With him the team will be pushing close to 55 million in cap space on forwards and that is with spending close to league minnimum on our PB players and having both Vesalinan and Appelton on the team.

That leaves about 20 million to spend on our defense. It is about 5 million if you take out Jomo, Buff and Kulikov. Not enough room to dress a good enough defense.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Also how can we even fit Kadri's cap hit in. With him the team will be pushing close to 55 million in cap space on forwards and that is with spending close to league minnimum on our PB players and having both Vesalinan and Appelton on the team.

That leaves about 20 million to spend on our defense. It is about 5 million if you take out Jomo, Buff and Kulikov. Not enough room to dress a good enough defense.

Perhaps Toronto could retain some salary? Not that I'm necessarily for a Trouba Kadri trade mind you.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I also don't see how Trouba works for the Leafs. They can't afford his contract next season anyhow.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kadri and Liljegreen?

Liljegreen has had a bit of a rocky start to his NA pro career but Leaf fans said he has been one of the Marlies best players in the Calder cup playoffs. There were rumblings that the Jets really liked him during the 2017 draft.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
They have no cap space themselves, no way do they retain.

They have $8.7 M in cap space and that's without Marner/Kapanen/Johnsson. They only have 10 forwards and 5 defensemen signed right now. Obviously some minor leaguers can come up, but they're in a different (and much deeper) level of cap hell than we are. I don't see any way they're our partner for this dance.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
They have $8.7 M in cap space and that's without Marner/Kapanen/Johnsson. They only have 10 forwards and 5 defensemen signed right now. Obviously some minor leaguers can come up, but they're in a different (and much deeper) level of cap hell than we are. I don't see any way they're our partner for this dance.

Horton would go to LTIR freeing up 5 million.
Zaitsev traded: 4.5 million
Marleau traded: 6.25 million
Kadri traded: 4.5 million
-------------------------- 20.5 million in cap space (not sure if that includes the cap going up)

Not sure how Zaitsev or Marleau will be moved, or if they will take contracts back.

*disclaimer... I'm not good with cap info, so take with grain of salt.
*disclaimer #2.... it's avery so take with grain of salt

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I hope this rumour isn’t true. Kadri really does not address our 2C need IMO. Little is just as good. Chevy should wait till they get closer to the draft and teams start upping the ante.

Anyways, I don’t think it’s happening (the Trouba for Kadri trade). The leafs cap situation, and given their need to sign Marner, just doesn’t allow for the addition of Trouba.

Avery is just trolling...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No team is more desperate for a top RD than the Leafs. The value is quite a bit more than Kadri. Add a very good young piece and I'd listen...

Reactions: jetsfan15

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
If philly could get Trouba extended the same way Stone did with Vegas, could it be realistic to get Frost and the 11th pick in return? Plus whatever small adds or lower picks would be involved in going either way. Feel like that would go a long way towards potentially solving some of the Jets problems, Frost could emerge as the 2nd center that would fit the Jets timeline and at 11 you would expect to be able to grab a solid D prospect.

Last edited:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
The only positive about getting kadri is his grit. We are losing tanev and his 250 something little bumps they call hits.

We don't have a shit disturber. We play a soft game with alot of large players. It doesn't make sense.

I would want a plus from them but I would welcome Kadris grit anyday on our team

Still can't afford him if don't want to run a A3 defense

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Really, really don't want the undisciplined Kadri, but I think if he is moved here it is for Lowry. I hope not but Trouba likely still goes for a package south of the border.

northendninja

Feb 25, 2016
Assuming Trouba agrees on an extension with philly... how about:

Trouba
Roslovic

For

Sanheim
Patrick

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Frost could emerge as the 2nd center that would fit their timeline and at 11 you would expect to be able to grab a solid D prospect.
I don't think Frost fits very well with Maurice's image of an NHL center. He's small and much more focused on O than D.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Really, really don't want the undisciplined Kadri, but I think if he is moved here it is for Lowry. I hope not but Trouba likely still goes for a package south of the border.

Lowry with small plus for Kadri I don't mind.

Trouba for Kadri with nice plus I can live with

Trouba straight up for Kadri......not so much

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Toronto's hopes for Trouba extension could be based on Donald Trump's plans to invade Ontario and connect it to United States.

Otherways, it would be weird from Dubas to trade for a rental.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Philly fans wont trade anything of value.. Thats why they are fans tho. They aint making decisions. Philly wants to win.. Jake helps now.. Roslo? Not so much but maybe they'd take Lowry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad