Rumor: Trouba for Kadri Rumour (Winnipeg Sun)

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
That would be rock bottom for a pure rental. If he is going to Detroit it is not as a rental. They are not contending next year.

Veleno + 1st or
Veleno + McIsaac + 2nd

would be more like Trouba's value to Detroit.

Why? They aren't competing as you said, and can sign him long term once he's a UFA.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Veleno had a decent season in the Q, but he's a long way from a sure-fire #2C at the NHL level.

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why? They aren't competing as you said, and can sign him long term once he's a UFA.

Not if Florida signs him first.

I suppose if he puts out the word that Detroit is the only place he will go they just wait. But I think his list is a lot longer than that. And that would be horrible negotiating on his part. Tell them they are his only preferred location and then ask them for 7x9. I'm sure they will fall all over themselves to pay up. :sarcasm:

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Damn I wish I had Photoshop skills. This is the perfect picture to have Chevy sitting in front of a Birchwood Automotive background wearing a loud plaid jacket. :laugh:

At work, so the best I could do on short notice...

oPJPAVg.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Its fine, really. WPG is going to have to get the shorter end of the stick if they trade with Detroit, or find a team stupid enough to give up something large for a player that mostly wants to be in Detroit and will probably sign with them when he becomes a UFA. We are a team rebuilding, we wouldn't necessarily be in these trade conversations if it wasn't for Trouba's connections to Detroit.

Great for DRW, except that he probably wants to be in Florida or NYC.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Freidman just listed all the Canadian teams as being in on Kadri.

Bleh.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Sorry just started a new thread, didn’t realize this one was already created. It sounds as though this is nearly a done deal after a few media leaks

None

Feb 22, 2012
Sorry just started a new thread, didn’t realize this one was already created. It sounds as though this is nearly a done deal after a few media leaks

Sean Avery isn't a real source. Until it comes from McKenzie, Lebrun, Dreger, or Friedman it's probably fake.

Edit: I was thinking of Mike Commodore when I said below.
He's bullshitting most of the time when he "breaks" trades.

Last edited:

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Sean Avery isn't a real source. Until it comes from McKenzie, Lebrun, Dreger, or Friedman it's probably fake.

He's bull****ting most of the time when he "breaks" trades.

He’s also still friends with lots of guys currently in nhl locker rooms

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah where has this been seen outside of the Wiebe saying they should pursue Kadri and Freedman speculating that all western Canadian teams would be interested.

I personally will not be happy with Kadri for Trouba as he can't keep his antics in check.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Yeah where has this been seen outside of the Wiebe saying they should pursue Kadri and Freedman speculating that all western Canadian teams would be interested.

I personally will not be happy with Kadri for Trouba as he can't keep his antics in check.

Change of scenery can do a lot for players. May be premature to write him off

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
So Sean Avery posted on Instagram that “per his sources in Toronto”, Trouba is being traded for Kadri.

Take it for what it’s worth, which isn’t much. Does Avery have any history of trying to break trades? I’m pretty sure he’s never broken one before, but I’m wondering if he’s done this before as stupid clickbait.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Change of scenery can do a lot for players. May be premature to write him off

Possibly but he's now 28 so not exactly young. He's cost his team twice in the playoffs by going over the line. Is that really the type of player we want to bring in to help us get over the hump? Its also not like he's produced in the playoffs either with 3 goals and 10 points in 19 games.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Possibly but he's now 28 so not exactly young. He's cost his team twice in the playoffs by going over the line. Is that really the type of player we want to bring in to help us get over the hump? Its also not like he's produced in the playoffs either with 3 goals and 10 points in 19 games.

No, but GM's know that Chevy is in a position of weakness now. Can't expect an equal return. Should have signed or traded him last offseason.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

I think the change of scenery will correct a lot of his antics. If he truly cost his team twice in the playoffs, then you’re essentially calling him a major impact player if they couldn’t win without him - why wouldn’t we want that?

He also may have felt he needed to do that because the leafs were flat out getting bullied and may have felt pressure to stand up for his teammates. That won’t be as necessary here

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
So Sean Avery posted on Instagram that “per his sources in Toronto”, Trouba is being traded for Kadri.

Take it for what it’s worth, which isn’t much. Does Avery have any history of trying to break trades? I’m pretty sure he’s never broken one before, but I’m wondering if he’s done this before as stupid clickbait.

giphy.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No, but GM's know that Chevy is in a position of weakness now. Can't expect an equal return. Should have signed or traded him last offseason.

Well its not like Toronto is in a position of strength themselves. They have major cap issues and are trying to peddle a player that has been a major liability in the post season with his undisciplined play.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the change of scenery will correct a lot of his antics. If he truly cost his team twice in the playoffs, then you’re essentially calling him a major impact player if they couldn’t win without him - why wouldn’t we want that?

He also may have felt he needed to do that because the leafs were flat out getting bullied and may have felt pressure to stand up for his teammates. That won’t be as necessary here

Possibly but I want nothing to do with cheap shot artists on this team and he has a history of it now.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
After the season he just put together Trouba is worth the same if not more than he was last summer even with 1 less year till UFA..... IMHO

Reactions: flyingjay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad