Post-Game Talk: Trotz at Babcock - Game 4 @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Appreciate Orpik tattooing a couple of Buds, but Orpik Shatty just hasn't been very good very often since Shatty came over 6 weeks ago. Shatty looked better with Schmidt, and Orpik has looked better away from Shatty. Orpik's slash on Marner with 3 seconds left in the 2nd has to be one of the most situationally dumb penalties I've ever seen

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Of course, he looks shaky. Look at how the puck is getting behind him. There is a high slot deflection/double deflection on every goal, most of them of his own teammates. He is playing like he doesn't know where the puck is going to come from and for a good reason.

A lot of those goals are against the flow of play, too. It's not a matter of Leafs engineering their own luck by dominating possession, it's just incredibly unlucky circumstances. I'm surprised Holtby hasn't lost his mind yet. Seriously, how many goals in this series came from a deflection off of a Caps' player?

Yeah the deflections have been crazy but there have been a ton of them. Babcock is obviously game planning for it, so there's no particular reason to expect it to stop for the remainder of the series.

The alternative is that Trotz could find some way to answer it.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Occasionally I'll gripe after a win in the regular season. Not so come playoff time...

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
FWIW - and it wasn't worth much when double nickel was around, but:
Schmidt +4
Shatty -4
Orpik -5

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Holtby may need to start cheating outside shooters towards the slot just a tad. The GA is alarming but Babcock is scoring many of those goals by good coaching up of how to beat a top goalie on a Grant Jennings team. They are not blinding cresting him. The are looking for slot deflections a ton.

Only thing negative I notice about Schmidt is that he is avoiding physical play. Otherwise his speed and offense are welcome.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Trotz kept inserting Beagle the last 10 minutes vs Matthews b/c mostly faceoffs in our own zone..awful decision and awful matchup the entire series..Matthews has blown a bunch of chances and8 sat on the bench alot in the 3rd...poor decision making

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Good game. Capitals came out of the gate running and never really looked like they would be in any sort of trouble outside of the late penalties that gave Toronto a 5v3 but they came out and killed that penalty with ease. Best of three, with all the games so far being decided by one goal...it's going to be an exciting week.

I'd obviously want my team to win this series but if they don't, I'll be cheering for the Caps to win the Cup. You guys have a likeable team. I like that the games have been physical but neither team has crossed the line and played dirty.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
I'm sure someone already said something about it earlier but the only reason the Leafs were in it was because of the refs. And I'm never one to complain about that stuff.

That disallowed goal was an absolute joke. If anything Andersen interfered with Backstrom. And their 3rd goal only happened because the linesmen helped it back into the zone.

All things considered a win's a win and it's huge that we were able to even it up going back to D.C. Have to bring the intensity they brought tonight for game 5.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
yeahhhhhh nooooooo

We need to prepare Grubauer for the Pens and of course win the series.

If Holtby is getting lit up by the Leafs like this, what do you think will happen when he faces Sid, Geno, Kessel and company???

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
2 center Barry...almost every faceoff in the 3rd period in our own zone had beagle and one other Center...this is why the puck was stuck in our zone. Beagle vs Matthews...Beagle was abused by him the last 10 minutes and 92 orr 19 was paired with him...stupid crap....I love Beagle but he is a terrible matchup for Matthews..19 can physically handle him Barry..freakin wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad