Post-Game Talk: Trotz at Babcock - Game 4 @ 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much ****ing fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your *******s! I must be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose.

Raik starting the thread means all Russian scoring tonight.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I'm definitely worried just because if we lose this game, 3-1 is quite the deficit.

But at the same time, I just keep expecting the real Caps to show up. I feel like TML is playing well above their expectations and have to crash back down at some point, and the Caps are the opposite.

Worried, not panicking yet. Let's go Caps.

Sep 19, 2008
Multiple teams rebound from 2-1 down. Caps must understand significance of this game and win big. Quash any seed of doubt in nonbelievers.

No overtime. Win in regulation.

Capitals 4
Maple leaf 1

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Leafs are probably underestimating us at this point. Crush them.

Just need one game where we kill them both physically and on the scoreboard and this series can turn on its head in an instant.

Or, alternatively, we can keep playing scared with the puck and lose in 5.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Holtby hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been anywhere near elite. If need be, we need him more now than ever tonight.

I honestly think if the leafs stop getting so much luck we will be just fine, and for the love of god on the goals the leafs do actually have to work for, stop leaving the guy in the slot wide open, uncovered.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Holtby hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been anywhere near elite. If need be, we need him more now than ever tonight.

I honestly think if the leafs stop getting so much luck we will be just fine, and for the love of god on the goals the leafs do actually have to work for, stop leaving the guy in the slot wide open, uncovered.

I'm usually tougher on Holtby than most, but I can't blame him in the slightest.

G2 we lost on a twister pass that was 100% undefendable because Carlson lost his stick.
G3 was a deflection. Granted I think Holtby can be a little better on deflections, but I think he has outplayed Andersen this series and Andersen has been good.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'm usually tougher on Holtby than most, but I can't blame him in the slightest.

G2 we lost on a twister pass that was 100% undefendable because Carlson lost his stick.
G3 was a deflection. Granted I think Holtby can be a little better on deflections, but I think he has outplayed Andersen this series and Andersen has been good.

Yep, I'm not blaming him really, but he could do what other goalies do to us for once and go full brick wall right about now. :naughty:

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Yep, I'm not blaming him really, but he could do what other goalies do to us for once and go full brick wall right about now. :naughty:

Oh, I agree. He's a top netminder and gets paid like one, steal a game. But here's to hoping he won't even have much of a workload tonight.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Well, maybe we will see a desperate Caps team finally.

Tonight should show us one way or another if Caps have what it takes. We'll see.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
When is the last time Holts stole a playoff game?

We may be too strong a team for him to ever have had the chance to clearly "steal" one since we are basically always favored to win or guided by a very defensive coach. Maybe in the Boston series, but he did have hunters hunkerers helping out.

Schultz had 10 BS in one period that one time. Up there with his +50 and ring in his list of accomplishments.

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Would like to see HoltBeast tonight, and would like to see them play like they realize they are the better team and that they don't get a point for getting the game to OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad