Recalled/Assigned: Trotman

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
is this going to be a thing where people whine non-stop about defensive callups for the rest of the season? Because, this is what we have...it's Trotman, Morrow, and Warsofsky as our only 7th D options for the rest of the year. People better just get used to it now.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Trotman sucks there I said it

Do you attend a lot of Providence games, to make that proclamation?

As Divver tweeted, Morrow is still working his way back from a bad knee injury, and Trotman has played very well the past couple of weeks. The Bruins have two road games in two days and have only six defensemen. It would be strange if they *didn't* call someone up as insurance.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
is this going to be a thing where people whine non-stop about defensive callups for the rest of the season? Because, this is what we have...it's Trotman, Morrow, and Warsofsky as our only 7th D options for the rest of the year. People better just get used to it now.
Who's whining? All I see is people expressing their opinions, which is kind of, ya know, the point of a message board.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Still not worried about having Trotman in the lineup as there is plenty of potential for a good 5-6D there.
We can't all of a sudden expect everyone to make a Miller-like first season. Have some patience.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Again, Morrow is coming off a knee-to-knee hit, and unless someone on the Bruins gets sick or hurt, Trotman spends the weekend eating popcorn in the press box and enjoying his pay bump.

I'd still like us to do groundwork towards next season, I want morrow to be in our lineup and visit the B's would help his game.
And Morrow has been playing?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'd still like us to do groundwork towards next season, I want morrow to be in our lineup and visit the B's would help his game.
And Morrow has been playing?

He's played 4-5 games since missing significant time. I doubt he's 100 percent.

Never say never, but if Trotman sees ice time with the big club this weekend it will be a surprise. They have six defensemen, they are on the road Saturday and Sunday, and they need an extra defenseman just in case. Trotman = Aflac. He watches from the press box, he collects a couple of days of NHL pay and per diem, and meanwhile Morrow continues his recovery with the PBs.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Trotman's been playing well in Prov. I'd rather have him as 7th D and Morrow get as many games as possible in off that knee injury. And apparently so does Chia.

iiBruins17*

Trotman sucks but i'd still rather have him playing than Bart

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
I think Trotman has acquitted himself relatively well this year considering he's a 7th round pick and no one really thinking he can do anything in the NHL. Kid's played well in PVD, deserves a call-up, even if he doesn't see game action

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think Trotman has acquitted himself relatively well this year considering he's a 7th round pick and no one really thinking he can do anything in the NHL. Kid's played well in PVD, deserves a call-up, even if he doesn't see game action

agreed

had a few decent games with the big club, then his lack of experience caught up to him and he started to struggle, and sent back down

Not a shocker, nor a concern for this fan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
agreed

had a few decent games with the big club, then his lack of experience caught up to him and he started to struggle, and sent back down

Not a shocker, nor a concern for this fan

I truly don't remember one period where I thought he played well, or showed any promise.

Granted, the team as a whole was playing terribly at the time he was here, but I still thought Morrow was light years ahead of him at the time.

As long as he's here simply for emergency purposes, it's fine, but if someone goes down longer term. then I'd much rather see Morrow or even Warsofsky.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I truly don't remember one period where I thought he played well, or showed any promise.

Granted, the team as a whole was playing terribly at the time he was here, but I still thought Morrow was light years ahead of him at the time.

As long as he's here simply for emergency purposes, it's fine, but if someone goes down longer term. then I'd much rather see Morrow or even Warsofsky.

I don`t think he was as bad as many think here and as you said, the team as a whole at that time was playing like trash

surprisingly, the kid was only a -1 in his, I think 15-16 games here? I`m not a massive fan of that stat but...

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Didn't you read what Artemis, and others have said about Morrow? All things being equal, sure, Morrow is the preferred choice, but all things are not equal in this case.

Still not worried about having Trotman in the lineup as there is plenty of potential for a good 5-6D there.
We can't all of a sudden expect everyone to make a Miller-like first season. Have some patience.

Knee jerk reactions by people who ride the coat tails of other who might have made a comment with tongue in cheek. Or maybe they thought the Bruins were hiding a Ray Bourque in Providence.

By my blind estimation Trotman did well on his last call up. I was actually happy there was some future for this 7th round pick. Of coarse one is always looking for when things even themselves up.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don`t think he was as bad as many think here and as you said, the team as a whole at that time was playing like trash

surprisingly, the kid was only a -1 in his, I think 15-16 games here? I`m not a massive fan of that stat but...

I just remember watching him with the puck, and marveling at how badly he handled, shot and passed it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So they made the decision to have Trotman come sit in the pressbox for a game and miss 2 Providence games instead of Morrow. Seems they might know what they are doing after all

Next time give the Dr Cross the chance to collect big boy money for a couple days

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
The disdain for Trotman is comical … People do realize that he was the very last pick in the last round of his draft class, and that he's already vastly exceeded those expectations, right? :laugh:

Those of us who have watched him in Providence of late will tell you that his game is looking more like the Trotman of last season lately, as opposed to the Trotman of this season. This is a good thing. He started this season out of sorts but has settled back into being a responsible, smart-thinking stay-at-home.

I'd be absolutely fine with him playing in Boston right now should he be called upon.

As for Morrow and as others have pointed out, he missed a good deal of time out because of injury and is much better served getting the reps in Providence right now than sitting in the press box in Boston. He's progressed since coming back, and he's another guy who I'd have no issue with in Boston should he be called upon.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The disdain for Trotman is comical … People do realize that he was the very last pick in the last round of his draft class, and that he's already vastly exceeded those expectations, right? :laugh:

Those of us who have watched him in Providence of late will tell you that his game is looking more like the Trotman of last season lately, as opposed to the Trotman of this season. This is a good thing. He started this season out of sorts but has settled back into being a responsible, smart-thinking stay-at-home.

I'd be absolutely fine with him playing in Boston right now should he be called upon.

As for Morrow and as others have pointed out, he missed a good deal of time out because of injury and is much better served getting the reps in Providence right now than sitting in the press box in Boston. He's progressed since coming back, and he's another guy who I'd have no issue with in Boston should he be called upon.

I'm glad for the kid, making it this far after being such a low pick. Doesn't change my opinion of him though. He was awful when he was here, and his ceiling is relatively low. Glad Morrow is playing while he is sitting, but I'd still want Morrow over him if they needed someone long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad