Recalled/Assigned: Trotman

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sunday Globe

Bruins defenseman Zach Trotman appreciates travel perks

Trotman, who was a healthy scratch for the Bruins’ 2-0 win in Pittsburgh, was brought to Boston not because of an injury, coach Claude Julien said, but due to a “flu bug†that has been going around the team.

The Bruins play Sunday in Washington, but the team was deemed in good enough shape that Trotman was returned to Providence Saturday afternoon.

For Trotman, the glimpses of Boston are likely glimpses of his future. He was signed to a two-year deal before the start of this season. While the contract is a two-way deal in 2014-15, it becomes a one-way, $650,000 contract next year.

“If anything, I think you feel a little bit more pressure,†Trotman said. “You feel like the coaches and the GMs have shown confidence in me, and that I have to back them up. Giving me that one-way, it’s not a free pass. It’s something you have to earn.â€]

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Looked decent against Tampa. :handclap:

“Lately I’ve been putting up points and been a plus pretty much every game, so my defensive game has gotten a lot more sound,†said Trotman, who has two goals and 12 points along with a minus-9 in 38 games with the P-Bruins this season. “This [call-up] is a vote of confidence. It’s nice to know you’re the first person they think about when they need someone. You take it for what it is, but at the same time you can’t think about it too much because things change on daily basis.â€

wetcamelfood

Aug 19, 2007
image_e710049d3.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad