Trivia thread, the revival

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Ok now

This former Leeds player has a brother who played for Man United

Hint : both of them played their last game for those clubs in the same fixture, coincidentally

Just asking for the Leeds player’s name

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The first Leeds/ManU brothers that came to mind were the Charlton brothers, but I have no idea whether that last game is true for them. Then the three Wallace brothers, but Rod played for Leeds much longer than Danny for United, so it can't be them.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I think that Wallaces are too forgotten for this kind of info being widely available, and even if it is, you would not have asked the question, since you wouldn't expect anybody knowing it. On the other hand, for Charltons it would probably be mentioned in their biographies if it happened. And since you asked for the Leeds one, I'll guess Jack.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
There might be more than one correct answer to this question, but I know there is at least one. Which player has scored a goal against reigning World Cup winning nation in the World Cup final tournament, and scored a goal against reigning Champions League winning club as well?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I'll give the first hint. This is partly a tricky question, as you might notice if you look at a specification missing in the second part of the question compared to first part.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Did he score against reigning WC champions in a WC finals tournament? That would have to have been in 2002 finals if it were against France. I don't think he did.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
No, not Van Persie, if I checked his info from Wikipedia right. If you think he did it, please mention the matches he did it.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Well done.

Kluivert is correct, I thougt I had checked his stats, so don't know how I missed him doing this.

The guy I had in mind was Tore Andre Flo, who scored against Brazil in 1998 as well and then scored against Milan in 2003/04, when they were again CL winners. The tricky part of Flo was that he scored against Milan in Serie A, not in European competition.

So same nation/club was involved with both players doing this.

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Well done.

Kluivert is correct, I thougt I had checked his stats, so don't know how I missed him doing this.

The guy I had in mind was Tore Andre Flo, who scored against Brazil in 1998 as well and then scored against Milan in 2003/04, when they were again CL winners. The tricky part of Flo was that he scored against Milan in Serie A, not in European competition.

So same nation/club was involved with both players doing this.
Haha I did think about Tore Andre Flo as well

For checking the stats, you can go to Transfermarket and filter the career goals scored per competition

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Haha I did think about Tore Andre Flo as well

For checking the stats, you can go to Transfermarket and filter the career goals scored per competition

Yeah, I did that. And I remember checking Kluivert's stats (amongst other players who had scored against WC holders), but still somehow missed him scoring against Milan. It's a goal I should have remembered also without checking.

Reactions: Power Man

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
No, not Van Persie, if I checked his info from Wikipedia right. If you think he did it, please mention the matches he did it.

Van Persie scored against Spain in the 2014 WC (the flying header goal), and he scored against Chelsea in the 2012/13 EPL with United (both games I believe). I think that counts if Flo does.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Van Persie scored against Spain in the 2014 WC (the flying header goal), and he scored against Chelsea in the 2012/13 EPL with United (both games I believe). I think that counts if Flo does.

OK, it seems I somehow missed a lot of things yesterday then.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Seeing no questions posed, I ask one:

According to speed stats, who was the fastest player in the 2014-15 Premier League
I know the answer to this but want to give other people a chance. It is not an obvious name.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad