Trivia thread, the revival

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My immediate thought was Navas, but I can't think of a player where the post applies unless "never been eliminated before a final" gives them a free pass.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It is Navas.
When Real lost in Navas' first CL season, Casillas was in goal (he did play 2 CL games).
Navas won all 3 CLs obviously.
Then when Real lost to Ayax, Navas was on the bench since Courtois was starting (he did play 3 CL games).
With PSG, Navas has never been eliminated before a CL final.

Reactions: Savant

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
A goalkeeper from Costa Rica

Improved version of his countryman Luis Gabelo Conejo, who was nothing but amazing at WC 1990. Hadn't he been injured, Costa Rica probably could have progressed beyond 2nd round. Too bad that because of nationality restrictions and lack of exposure/scouting, Conejo only got his chance in Europe after age of 30 and at lower level club.

Reactions: Lauro

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Giggs comes to mind, CM for United but not sure when. Otherwise maybe a GK. Zlatan also came to mind, but I would think Giggs.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Sheringham is either second- or third- oldest (it's a matter of days between him and the other in that spot, and I don't really wanna do the math).

Not Lampard. Player won it while older than Lampard was when Lampard retired.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If you ask for the position, it means it's not obvious. Which is why I thought GK (and GK can age better).
So the guy has something attached to his position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad