Trinity countersuing Melnyk for 1 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
How do you think Edmonton got a rink, or why the owner in Calgary is trying for a rink
or why florida got the tax dollars?
Or why arizona has issues?

In fact the ones crying the most about money are the sens fans on here, everyone else just has a budget and life goes on.
Old Scrooge Melnyk has spent 1000 times less crying about money then yall. Ohhh the hilarity of your comments 'crying' about money.
Irony is fun

Edmonton got a rink by extorting the city. Never heard him cry poor on national tv though...
Calgary is just trying to follow edmonton's lead.

Either way you don't hear Friedman updating the world every weekend on the latest mess from those cities.
It's an embarrassment.
Florida getting tax dollars, I mean are you saying that the region is indebted to Eugene?
Ridiculous.
He has owned his rink and ALL the money coming into there including parking and all. If he can't make THAT work after all these years, its time he got out the game.
Frankly he's ruining his own brand. And this guy is supposed to be a businessman.
Great job sewering a billion dollar deal..... cause you got greedy. The mayor hates him, ruddy is over him..... keep burning those bridges...

Personally I don't care what his finances are, but the point is if you can't take the heat, sell the team.
Period.
Got nothing to do with anybody but Eugene. This isnt about Arizona... we're talking about Canada's capital.

I don't even know what you're arguing anyway.

giphy.gif

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Most of those teams struggled untill they drafted star players and whent threw a proper rebuild, then the fans and playoff money returned. Its the cycle of pro sports and the main reason the lottery should not be so far out to lunch.

This is a perfect example of you trying to push falsehood as fact.

Are you seriously saying that no teams have turned around their finances through better management in the same market?

That is such a preposterous position and it's why people find it hard to have a productive conversation.

Why do companies switch ceo's? Heck, why replace any employees at all if everything is dependant on customers? Is this really how you see the world?

Is there no room for compromise? Say, 50%
blame on management and 50% on toxic fans (not that I would go with these percentages) but at least it's a start.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
EM just put the team up for sale and let's see what happens, am sure he would screw that up also.

So let me rephrase that , have the NHL put the franchise up for sale.

This could solve a lot of issues , specially nay sayers and everyone who wants him to sell, inciuding me. His money issues would be solved and he could rebuild Bert's Bar to Best Bar Ever!

The old saying, "everything is for sale at the right price" would apply here ............ but you also need to have an Owner who is interested in selling his franchise, and we all know EM is not interested in selling.

However, if someone made him an offer he could not refuse, I'm sure he'd sell. I have no idea what that number would be, but suspect it's up near what Seattle has agreed to pay the NHL for an expansion franchise, but who knows.

We can all agree that Ottawa would be better off with new ownership, but it going to take the current owner to change his mind on selling the franchise, or someone else making an offer he can't refuse.

I'm not holding mu breath on either of those scenarios happening anytime soon.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The old saying, "everything is for sale at the right price" would apply here ............ but you also need to have an Owner who is interested in selling his franchise, and we all know EM is not interested in selling.

However, if someone made him an offer he could not refuse, I'm sure he'd sell. I have no idea what that number would be, but suspect it's up near what Seattle has agreed to pay the NHL for an expansion franchise, but who knows.

We can all agree that Ottawa would be better off with new ownership, but it going to take the current owner to change his mind on selling the franchise, or someone else making an offer he can't refuse.

I'm not holding mu breath on either of those scenarios happening anytime soon.
EM cant own a team in this city ,this much should be plain to him by now...He has poisoned the well himself,so unless he has another buyer that is willing to cut through the NHL and various other expensive red tape to relocate the team...He has played his hand out

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
This is a perfect example of you trying to push falsehood as fact.

Are you seriously saying that no teams have turned around their finances through better management in the same market?

That is such a preposterous position and it's why people find it hard to have a productive conversation.

Why do companies switch ceo's? Heck, why replace any employees at all if everything is dependant on customers? Is this really how you see the world?

Is there no room for compromise? Say, 50%
blame on management and 50% on toxic fans (not that I would go with these percentages) but at least it's a start.

I clearly stated 'most of those teams' then you change what I said to shame my 'preposterous' position. Pretending people said something other than what they said is what makes productive conversations hard.
This team removed Leeder and others to address some of it's issues and here you are saying things like that should be done, yet you all act outraged when it is done.
And no I did not state everything is dependent on customers and I am not sure why you insist on making false arguments, I assume you need to win.
The budget size is 100% dependent on what the team generates in this case.

Those are some false statements you made in a post you started with 'perfect example of falsehood'

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Edmonton got a rink by extorting the city. Never heard him cry poor on national tv though...
Calgary is just trying to follow edmonton's lead.

Either way you don't hear Friedman updating the world every weekend on the latest mess from those cities.
It's an embarrassment.
Florida getting tax dollars, I mean are you saying that the region is indebted to Eugene?
Ridiculous.
He has owned his rink and ALL the money coming into there including parking and all. If he can't make THAT work after all these years, its time he got out the game.
Frankly he's ruining his own brand. And this guy is supposed to be a businessman.
Great job sewering a billion dollar deal..... cause you got greedy. The mayor hates him, ruddy is over him..... keep burning those bridges...

Personally I don't care what his finances are, but the point is if you can't take the heat, sell the team.
Period.
Got nothing to do with anybody but Eugene. This isnt about Arizona... we're talking about Canada's capital.

I don't even know what you're arguing anyway.

giphy.gif

He said no other owners complained about money, i supplied him with a few. I am not saying anything about anything

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
EM cant own a team in this city ,this much should be plain to him by now...He has poisoned the well himself,so unless he has another buyer that is willing to cut through the NHL and various other expensive red tape to relocate the team...He has played his hand out

EM owns and operates the CTC, and he owns the Ottawa Senators Franchise.

I don't see how you can say he can't own a team in Ottawa, because he does.

Do I like that he's the owner? Not really, but there's nothing short of buying the team, from him, at a price that he'll accept, that I can do about it ... how about you?

Just because we, and others wish he would sell, is going to change anything.

I doubt very much that he pays much attention to local opinions on websites, billboards, and the occasional letter to the editor concerning his ownership.

Sorry, but that just seems to be a fact.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
EM owns and operates the CTC, and he owns the Ottawa Senators Franchise.

I don't see how you can say he can't own a team in Ottawa, because he does.

Do I like that he's the owner? Not really, but there's nothing short of buying the team, from him, at a price that he'll accept, that I can do about it ... how about you?

Just because we, and others wish he would sell, is going to change anything.

I doubt very much that he pays much attention to local opinions on websites, billboards, and the occasional letter to the editor concerning his ownership.
Sorry, but that just seems to be a fact.
[MOD]
I wonder if you guys are going to change your tune when you see how horrible this team is without Chabot which essentially was like winning the lottery where they picked him. That coupled with the imminent departures of Stone and Duchene. Will you finally understand that this man should no own a professional franchise. Its going to get really really really bad really quickly here.

Last edited by a moderator:

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
[Mod]

I wonder if you guys are going to change your tune when you see how horrible this team is without Chabot which essentially was like winning the lottery where they picked him. That coupled with the imminent departures of Stone and Duchene. Will you finally understand that this man should no own a professional franchise. Its going to get really really really bad really quickly here.

It's going to be a long rebuild, the owner has publicly stated rebuild. While I can't speak for others I expect last place for a few years. That is what happens with a full rebuild. Why would that change anything. Look at the leafs, full rebuild, oilers messed up the rebuild with guys like looch, but even they are getting closer.

Last edited by a moderator:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It's going to be a long rebuild, the owner has publicly stated rebuild. While I can't speak for others I expect last place for a few years. That is what happens with a full rebuild. Why would that change anything. Look at the leafs, full rebuild, oilers messed up the rebuild with guys like looch, but even they are getting closer.
The Leafs had their first rounder when they started a rebuild and brought in new management, not give the keys to the architect of their bottom dweller.

This is a terrible way to rebuild. Dorion created this mess and Melnyk being the worst owner in professional sports can't see that or doesnt care. They're only building a team that's going to be terrible for a long long time.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

Yeah the big difference between our rebuild and Leafs rebuild is they aquired young assets and draft picks. We trade Hoffman for Boedeker and tried our damnest to dump Ryan in the Karlsson deal instead of buying him out. Great asset management for a "rebuild". Let me guess Bobby and the media just made that story up?

Do you have the Boro/Melnyk PR video playing every night to help you buy this nonsense that we are doing anything but cut costs and minimize financial losses until a buyer comes in and overpays for a team with no star power and disgruntled fans?

Reactions: The Lewler

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

Full rebuild. No 1st round pick. Amaze.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
No no you said they are no millionaires coming to save Ottawa because we are a bad hockey market team, but Carolina just got a new owner and Arizona is very close to getting a new owner, but not us...

Carolina's new owner is already complaining about how much money he is losing. 20M plus and he has already stated that ain't gonna happen long term.

Arizona? Up for sale again teetering on bankruptcy. Again.

Let's strive to be better than Carolina, Arizona and Florida, shall we? I find it absurd that anyone takes comfort in Ottawa's predicament by looking at other sad sack franchises.

Ottawa was great and striving and productive when the cap was low, and actually costs us players to get under the cap. This market, whether anyone likes it or not, is going to have grave problems with an 84M cap. No matter who owns the team.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The Leafs had their first rounder when they started a rebuild and brought in new management, not give the keys to the architect of their bottom dweller.

This is a terrible way to rebuild. Dorion created this mess and Melnyk being the worst owner in professional sports can't see that or doesnt care. They're only building a team that's going to be terrible for a long long time.
Ya and when Burke did decide to trade his 1st for Kessel, at least he was able to lock up that player long term. The mental midgets in charge of this team, not so much. How can OP say it’s a rebuild when in June, Hughes or Kakko will be putting on an Avs jersey lmao.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
How do you rebuild when Hughes or Kakko are pulling on an Avs sweater in June? How do you spin that one.

Reactions: Acidrain66

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I also would like to dispute the idea that this is a rebuild.

You don't trade generational dmen in their prime for dimes on the dollar when you're rebuilding.

Let's call it what it is.

A firesale.

You can appreciate how this sends mixed signals to the fanbase......we wanna win cups but can only make it work with 3/4 of the roster on entry deals....

Anyway arguing about HOW the well got poisoned is moot at this point... the facts remain

1. Eugene can't afford to ice a competitive team
2. The fans have felt slighted and are sick of his antics minus 3-4 posters on this hilarious internet board

Something has to give. Ottawa has shown they can support a competitive team in the past, but at this point the perception, it appears anyway, is that the team culture is bad top to bottom.

We want a winner. We want a team that is professional and conducts themselves as such.

And we shouldn't be made to feel bad about that.

Anyway.......... good times.

Hopefully we get some closure on all the loose ends soon.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

You don't trade generational dmen in their prime for dimes on the dollar when you're rebuilding.

A firesale.

You can appreciate how this sends mixed signals to the fanbase......we wanna win cups but can only make it work with 3/4 of the roster on entry deals....

Anyway arguing about HOW the well got poisoned is moot at this point... the facts remain

2. The fans have felt slighted and are sick of his antics minus 3-4 posters on this hilarious internet board

Something has to give. Ottawa has shown they can support a competitive team in the past, but at this point the perception, it appears anyway, is that the team culture is bad top to bottom.

We want a winner. We want a team that is professional and conducts themselves as such.

Finally. The voice of sanity. Any regular idiot can see that it is not a rebuild. It never has been and it never will be. This is simply cost cutting measures by a broke as f*** owner.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Don't forget he said there will be even more rookies in the line up next season.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

A firesale.

Ek did not want to be here so he was traded, that has no bearing on what you do and don't do during a rebuild
Yes small market teams firesale when they suck, always have always will. Should everyone pout about no first round pick? I see a lot of nope uhuh no pick no rebuild. Whaa
It is what it is, no pick does not mean abondon all hope of ever being able to rebuild. I saw a lot of picks and prospects come in the door already, that is what happens.

But but can't cause cause Toronto._.,whaaaaaa. But money money boooohoooo

Last edited:

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Carolina's new owner is already complaining about how much money he is losing. 20M plus and he has already stated that ain't gonna happen long term.

Arizona? Up for sale again teetering on bankruptcy. Again.

Let's strive to be better than Carolina, Arizona and Florida, shall we? I find it absurd that anyone takes comfort in Ottawa's predicament by looking at other sad sack franchises.

Ottawa was great and striving and productive when the cap was low, and actually costs us players to get under the cap. This market, whether anyone likes it or not, is going to have grave problems with an 84M cap. No matter who owns the team.

Where did Dundas state he isn't happy carrying a loss? Their debt has reduced from 260 to 100M of debt in the short time hes owned the team. But wait... I thought a new billionaire owner coming in and taking a financial hit for a new shiny toy was impossible?

Carolina Hurricanes Sold To Tom Dundon For $420 Million

You want to hold this team to a higher standard than CAR, AZ, FL but will not hold Melnyk to any standards whatsoever? Makes sense.

Reactions: Acidrain66

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Ek did not want to be here so he was traded, that has no bearing on what you do and don't do during a rebuild
Yes small market teams firesale when they suck, always have always will. Should everyone pout about no first round pick? I see a lot of nope uhuh no pick no rebuild. Whaa
It is what it is, no pick does not mean abondon all hope of ever being able to rebuild. I saw a lot of picks and prospects come in the door already, that is what happens.

But but can't cause cause Toronto._.,whaaaaaa. But money money boooohoooo

Yes and EK didn't want to be here minus his deserved signing bonus. He clearly wanted to stay here which is obvious from all his interviews and saying Ottawa is his forever home. But noooo Melnyk and Dorion were on positive terms with Karlsson and offered him a reasonable deal.

Don't worry about the lies of contact offer July 1st but rebuild known in February. The fact you defend the carosol of lies coming out of this franchise is laughable.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Where did Dundas state he isn't happy carrying a loss? Their debt has reduced from 260 to 100M of debt in the short time hes owned the team. But wait... I thought a new billionaire owner coming in and taking a financial hit for a new shiny toy was impossible?

Carolina Hurricanes Sold To Tom Dundon For $420 Million

You want to hold this team to a higher standard than CAR, AZ, FL but will not hold Melnyk to any standards whatsoever? Makes sense.

Carolina who has by far the lowest payroll? Hmm I guess if Melnyk slashed even more and spent every dollar getting his investment back he would be the best owner just like in Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad