NHL Entry Draft: Tribal Phoenix 2010 All Star Mock Draft - DRAFTING THREAD

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Since it wasn't mentioned, I PM'd the next GM.

Let's remember to post that so we don't waste time, what with the draft less than a week away.

Louis Houde

Jan 28, 2006
Trois-rivières
With the 159th pick, the wild are proud to select defenseman Radko Gudas

:wild

Gudas,%20Radko2.jpg

King Canuck has been pm'ed

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
So how long is Chicago getting before they have to make a pick?

Minnesota made a pick at 0021 this morning; if I read the draft rules right, Chicago had twelve hours from that time, plus the two-hour bonus for picks made between 0000 and 0800 hours, meaning that the Hawks should have made their pick by 1421 hours today.

I'm not going to make any suggestions or anything like that -- Lord knows I wouldn't want to talk out of turn or anything -- but it'd be nice if we could get a ruling on this.

Danke schoen...

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Chicago #160

Although I believe PB might be reading the rules correctly, I don't believe the mock has been run that way. However, the fact of the matter is that even if Chicago's clock didn't start to run until 8AM today (or even 9:21AM EST today), their time would still be up by now. In light of that, I'll throw out the highest available NA player on CSS' list for their pick:

MICHAEL SGARBOSSA (C) from Saginaw of the OHL.

I'm PM'ing Dallas' GM.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Although I believe PB might be reading the rules correctly, I don't believe the mock has been run that way. However, the fact of the matter is that even if Chicago's clock didn't start to run until 8AM today (or even 9:21AM EST today), their time would still be up by now. In light of that, I'll throw out the highest available NA player on CSS' list for their pick:

MICHAEL SGARBOSSA (C) from Saginaw of the OHL.

I'm PM'ing Dallas' GM.

You are correct, Dallas is up next. I sent Chicago a PM, no response.

Will update the first post tomorrow.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
The Calgary Flames select forward Michael Ferland from the Brandon Wheat Kings (WHL)

The next team has been pm'd

Last edited:

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
With the 164th selection in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the ST. LOUIS BLUES are pleased to select, from the Winnipeg South Blues of the Manitoba Junor League, defenseman PETER STOYKEWYCH.

Edmonton is on the clock, and has been notified.

:blues

# ... CLUB FROM PLAYER .......................... P . S . HGHT . WGT . 2009-10 CLUB (LEAGUE)... GP GL AS PTS +/- PIM PP SH GW
=============== ================================= = . = . ==== . === . ======================== == == == === === === == == ==

014 . STL . ... BJUGSTAD, NICK .................. C . R . 6-04 . 188 . BLAINE HS (MN) ......... 25 29 31 .60 +22 .24 .8 .5 .4
044 . STL . ... RENSFELDT, LUDVIG ............... W . L . 6-03 . 192 . BRYNAS JR (SWE JR) ..... 39 21 29 .50 +20 .37 .4 .0 .3

# ... CLUB FROM PLAYER .......................... P . C . HGHT . WGT . 2009-10 CLUB (LEAGUE)... GP . MINS . GAA.. SO .. SAV %
=============== ================================= = . = . ==== . === . ======================== == == == === === === == == ==

074 . STL . ... PETTERSON-WENTZEL, FREDRIK ...... G . L . 6-01 . 189 . ALMTUNA (SWE-2) ........ 37 . 2134 . 1.85 ..6 .. 0.924

# ... CLUB FROM PLAYER .......................... P . S . HGHT . WGT . 2009-10 CLUB (LEAGUE)... GP GL AS PTS +/- PIM PP SH GW

104 . STL . ... WANNSTROM, SEBASTIAN ............ W . R . 6-01 . 180 . BRYNAS JR (SWE JR) ..... 35 30 27 .57 +20 .55 .7 .0 .8
134 . STL . ... THRUSH, CASEY ................... W . L . 6-01 . 175 . TEAM MARYLAND (AAA) .... 72 50 67 117 +45 102 15 .3 .7
164 . STL . ... STOYKEWYCH, PETER ............... D . L . 6-02 . 188 . WINNIPEG SOUTH (MJHL) .. 56 .6 25 .31 ... .63 .2 .0 .1

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
The Wings have taken nothing but forwards, and nobody from Sweden until the 5th round.

Something tells me this is not going to be remotely close to the actual draft results. ;)

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
The Wings have taken nothing but forwards, and nobody from Sweden until the 5th round.

Something tells me this is not going to be remotely close to the actual draft results. ;)

I'm sorry Mr. Nill.

Detroit actually selects on average one or sometimes two Swedes each year and usually as a mid-to-late pick and also the unofficial draft goal this year is to replace some of the recently NHL graduated forwards into the system.

Don't think defense was not on the radar but the BPA's have been forwards at every pick so far.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
:edmonton

Selects from Victoriaville of the QMJHL, right winger Brandon Hynes

Carolina is up, and has been notified

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I'm sorry Mr. Nill.

Detroit actually selects on average one or sometimes two Swedes each year and usually as a mid-to-late pick and also the unofficial draft goal this year is to replace some of the recently NHL graduated forwards into the system.

Don't think defense was not on the radar but the BPA's have been forwards at every pick so far.

Don't get me wrong, I think they could use that much of an infusion to their forward pipeline as the defense is pretty good for the moment with Smith, Kindl, Pyett, and a whole bunch of decent longshots. I just don't think there's any way they go more than 2 rounds without taking a defenseman. The BPA seems to always be a defenseman when the Wings are drafting.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY

:isles
:stanley::stanley::stanley::stanley:

With the 167th selection in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the Islanders are proud to select the Best Forward, as selected by the Directorate of the 2010 U18 WJC (D1/B), MIRKO HOEFFLIN Center from Mannheim JR. of the German-JR. league.

NYI 2010 Entry Draft
1st Round - #5 - Nino Niederreiter(RW) Portland, WHL
2nd Round - #35 - Johan Larsson (LW) Brynas Jr., SWE-JR
3rd Round - #65 - Julian Melchiori (D) Newmarket, CCHL
3rd Round - #86 - Sondre Olden (W) Modo Jr., SWE-JR
4th Round - #116 - Alexei Marchenko (D) CSKA 2, Russia 3
5th Round - #125 - Yasin Cisse (RW) Des Moines, USHL
5th Round - #138 - Janos Hari (W) Farjestad jr., SWE JR-2
6th Round - #167 - Mirko Hoefflin (C) Mannheim JR., German-JR.
6th Round - 176 -
7th Round - 185 -
7th Round - #206 -

And for the record, the Red Wings only drafted 1 Dman in each of the 06 and 08 drafts, out of 7 and 6 total picks, respectively.

Next GM has been PM'd.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad