Value of: Trevor Zegras this offseason

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Anaheim would want a hockey trade, most likely a young d man similar in age and pedigree.
I don't really see one - if you do please reply.

So, if there isn't one what is the value for Zegras? A 1st? Two 1sts? A 1st and blue chip prospect?

Reactions: Arthuros

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Anaheim would want a hockey trade, most likely a young d man similar in age and pedigree.

So, if there isn't one what is the value for Zegras? A 1st? Two 1sts? A 1st and blue chip prospect?
So the Ducks are going to trade an NHL defensmen for a prospect forward to help our offense just to go trade one of our best offensive players for a defensmen? Simple answer is no. The Ducks aren't looking to trade him and anyone who says they are has something to gain by the rumor.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
As I said in another thread, chances of him being moved are the same as the chances of Ducks getting a #1 overall pick... next to 0. That's the only player that makes Zegras expendable, unless there's a trade of Zegras(+?) for a young potential top pair RHD. Any move of Zegras will be for an upgrade, so Zegras+ and not for multiple assets.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Not realistically available….
If you take away his rough start(missed camp/naggin injuries)…. He’s basically producing up to his normal #s.

His 2way game has improved, he’s been competing in all 3 zones…. And the team overall looks better when he’s dressed and playing.

It would be very dumb for Anaheim to move zegras for anything short of an obvious overpayment in our eyes.

He’s been our only consistently good player this season

His biggest flaw is maturity, which will come with time and coaching

Last edited:

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

D take longer to develop though, so someone a couple of years older might make sense.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Zero reason or desire to trade Zegras for picks and/or prospects. The notion of his availability came straight from Seravelli's fat ass, there's no basis to it.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
As I said in another thread, chances of him being moved are the same as the chances of Ducks getting a #1 overall pick... next to 0. That's the only player that makes Zegras expendable, unless there's a trade of Zegras(+?) for a young potential top pair RHD. Any move of Zegras will be for an upgrade, so Zegras+ and not for multiple assets.

Considering the Ducks currently have an 11.5% chance of picking 1st overall, I'm not sure you know what "chances" actually means in this context.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Zero reason or desire to trade Zegras for picks and/or prospects. The notion of his availability came straight from Seravelli's fat ass, there's no basis to it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Anaheim were less committed to keeping him than some fans are... but that's a big step away from "will be sold for whatever package is out there". I can understand how picks/prospects packages aren't appealing to a team that already has a lot of both, and needs to plan on a return to competitivity.

A high-end young D, or just a different type of forward, might make sense, but it would be the kind of deal that fans on both sides would hate (since all fans love their high-end skaters).

I wonder if Brady Tkachuk might be an option, if Ottawa is also looking to change their team makeup (spitballing here).

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If the relationship with mngmt is repaired, then I doubt he gets moved... But if either side is still sitting where they were last summer, I bet we'll see him traded for a return reflective of his age/body of work rather than reflective of the difficult season he just had.

Habs (need and familiarity with the player/person) would likely be an aggressive bidder... Don't see a 1:1 fit, but if a package gets it done, the starting point is likely a non lottery 1st, decent prospect/young player & another asset in the 2nd-3rd pick range of value

• Haha
Reactions: Rasp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Anaheim were less committed to keeping him than some fans are... but that's a big step away from "will be sold for whatever package is out there". I can understand how picks/prospects packages aren't appealing to a team that already has a lot of both, and needs to plan on a return to competitivity.

A high-end young D, or just a different type of forward, might make sense, but it would be the kind of deal that fans on both sides would hate (since all fans love their high-end skaters).

I wonder if Brady Tkachuk might be an option, if Ottawa is also looking to change their team makeup (spitballing here).
The team is significantly better when zegras is in the line up…. Despite his flaws.

I think he very much is a leader in the locker room and on the ice…. I think mangment just wants him to be able to control his emotions, and show he can play in all 3 zones before committing to him long term…. Which I’m fine with.

He’s been much better defensively this year…. Emotions still a work in progress(in his defense this is prob a very frustrating year with injuries, bad puck luck and losing)

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
It's funny, I was watching the game last night, Z was doing well, scored a goal, & I wondered just how long it would take for the first "Hmmm, he's back from his broken ankle, let's see if the Ducks are willing to accept a bag of used pucks & a dozen new jocks for him..." thread to show up ... and here we are...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad