Injury Report: Trevor Moore goes to IR || Leafs recall Pierre Engvall

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I thought Engvall would have been the call over Petan.

I think he will end up on the 4th line with Shore and Gauthier and told by the coach to go out there and use their size and strength to create some havoc in Ozone.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Been preaching engval to come up, had tima before him and Moore before him. Hope he gets an actual chance

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
Big fan of Engvall. I'm not sure he will be a difference maker but he skates exceptionally well and has great size. I've always thought he had NHL upside. Excited to see what he can do.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I know a number of people were pushing for Korshkov, and I wouldn't have minded that, but I am happy to see it is Engvall (I like the idea of a 4th line of Goat, Engvall and Korshkov at some point in time). Big body. Smart player. Leads the Marlies in ES points with 13 in 15 games (Korshkov has 3 in 15 games).

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
He should add an element that's lacking in the bottom-six. He can really motor with the puck at full speed through the neutral zone.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Would have been more excited about a Korshkov call up but Engvell has esrned this, he’s paid his dues with the marlies and he’s had a great start to the season.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Was hoping for a major shake-up, something that rattles this team to the core and wakes them up.

Engvall getting called up is definitely not what I was hoping for but I am happy to hear it (except for Moore's injury of course). I've really liked Engvall's play on the Marlies the last two years.

Well deserved shot for Engvall!

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Now watch captain dinosaur sit him in the press box lol
upload_2019-11-18_15-9-56.jpeg

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Happy for Engvall. Show us what you got kid. Some size with decent hands...I think his skating has improved by leaps and bounds in the past 24 months also. Great opportunity to grab a job.

Will he play C or wing? I know he's played C down on the Marlies but I think they try him on the wing with Gauthier - twin towers! Brings back memories of Antropov and Ponikarovsky.
Lol when I quickly read it first I thought you said that he will be wearing the “C” lol

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
We could use a larger winger. Engvall was invisible during the preseason but seems to have taken another step forward with the Marlies. Him and Timo are good buddies, would be cool if they played the same line.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
Shiny toy syndrome. Yep, they're entitled to be in the lineup asap.

The guy barely has a practice in with the team and he should automatically have a spot lol

If the organization is as good as everyone says they are
Then the addition should be seamless after all they both play the same system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad