Trevor Linden and how to tarnish a legacy

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
So you're saying Gretzky is a loser because he wasn't a great coach?
Nice hack job on this article.
I guess haters gotta hate.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
Example of this hack job?

If you can read the article, you will find judgmental, biased writing. There is no balance to the article. It is a one-sided hack job. There is nothing professional about it. There are two sides to every opinion and only one is presented in this article. Go read some articles by Mackenzie, or Friedman. They are much more balanced and present both sides to arguments even when they are critical. This article is just like a Gollum special, biased and one-sided which just screams, "I want the management fired and I am going to cry if I don't get my way." I hope that helps you understand what a hack job is.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The thing is, I really can't see much good in what Linden has done here. The regime has been absolutely awful to the point they can be realistically compared to JFJ, Kevin Lowe, and Mike Milbury.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
The thing is, I really can't see much good in what Linden has done here. The regime has been absolutely awful to the point they can be realistically compared to JFJ, Kevin Lowe, and Mike Milbury.

Yup, he's been condescending towards the fanbase, constantly contradicts himself, and refuses to give answers to tough questions. All his interviews are the same bull****.

I don't actually think he does much though, I still think he's was hired as Aquaman's puppet to appeal to the fanbase. He had zero NHL management experience when he got the job, and had been completely away from the game for a while.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I am skeptical as the next person but Linden will always be one of the greatest Canucks of all time, probably the best Captain.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I am skeptical as the next person but Linden will always be one of the greatest Canucks of all time, probably the best Captain.

On the ice yes. Off the ice he's been awful. And I do think that this is hurting his legacy here. People will have a very sour taste about how he's mismanaged this team.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
On the ice yes. Off the ice he's been awful. And I do think that this is hurting his legacy here. People will have a very sour taste about how he's mismanaged this team.

Heh, I honestly think this team is going to turn around next year or the following. Especially when Demko and Boeser are in the line up.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Its been what ive been saying Fire Linden First

I never watched hockey when he had a legacy or whatever so i never really loved the guy like some people here do and i say is time to kick him to the curb. Followed by Benning the assistants and last but not least Willie D

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Linden will always be a legend in vancouver. This article is garbage. Was this a project for a journalism case for new media? If so I grade it an F

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
If you can't separate his hockey playing skills from his management skills, that's on you. I will always appreciate Linden and what he did on the ice.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
No comment on the article. But I wish Linden had never taken the position. In my opinion he hasn't done a very good job and I've been very disappointed with his smug and arrogant attitude. I definitely look at him differently than I use to, that's for sure.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I think the linden/benning defenders can't handle any criticism but put it this way: Linden's legacy in Vancouver now will be built on two things: his status as a player for the canucks and his status as the president of the canucks.

If you give him an 8 for his legacy as a player before he became a manager his overall legacy would be an 8.

He became the president so know you add that to the overall rating

If you give him a 3 for his legacy as president his legacy now is 5.5(average of the 2)

His legacy as a player will never be touched, his overall legacy though that will be harmed

*your numbers for his legacy may vary

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I knew bringing Linden on as President was a huge risk, low reward.

The guy was beloved by the city and will always be remembered for 1994 and 2008. But since coming back into the league, he's being scrutinized daily and every move is under the microscope. Unfortunately for him, he had to take on a team that was on decline.

If Linden took over during the 2008-2014 campaign, opinions would be a lot different.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Heh, I honestly think this team is going to turn around next year or the following. Especially when Demko and Boeser are in the line up.

Neither will be on the team next year, and neither will have that much of an impact. Looking at how little impact Crosby had his first season with the pens. You need a solid team, and that is something I don't see us having with this management team.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
My respect for Linden has definitely dropped over the last few years. The guy consistently bashes fans any time a move isnt well received and is apart of one of the worst managment groups in Sports atm. He might have been great for one era of the Canucks but for this current era hes the exact opposite.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Linden legacy as a player is safe, he is a beloved icon in Vancouver for his play here.

As a president, he has been hot garbage in handling the team and criticism.

He was part of the players association that led to the longest lockout so far too.

Great players and wonderful people aren't always the best choices for management.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

:laugh:

Schneider himself had to spend at least a season at the AHL.

Linden legacy as a player is safe, he is a beloved icon in Vancouver for his play here.

As a president, he has been hot garbage in handling the team and criticism.

He was part of the players association that led to the longest lockout so far too.

Great players and wonderful people aren't always the best choices for management.
I know it's an awful comparison - but look at the case of Ron Delorme.

Guy was a real solid "foot soldier" for the franchise. Took on *ALL* heavyweights - even when he was outclassed. But look how his work as a scout for the team has affected many people's perception of him. Linden's legacy of a player here is safe but it will be at least a bit affected (negatively).

Last edited:

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
It was an embarrassing joke a player the caliber of Linden was supposedly a franchise "legend" to begin with. He has tarnished his legacy just like Lowe did in Edmonton. The Canucks are the laughingstock of the league led by the moron Benning and the gutless two faced Linden.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
It is so easy to fling poo. There is nothing in this article that I don't read everyday in almost every Canuck thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad