Friedman: Treliving looking at buying at the deadline

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Brandon Hickey- top pairing D on Canada... #1 D at BU (ahead of McCavoy, Krys, Fabbro)

Parsons/Gillies- both starters for team USA.

Oliver Kylington- Number one D on Sweden

Rasmus Andersson- +15 on the top pair as a rookie AHL D after leading the OHL in defensive scoring for two years..

Dillon Dube- One of team Canada's best players at WJC.

Klimchuk/Jankowski/Kulak- all guys knocking on the NHL door.

Adam Fox- putting up the best pace for a NCAA Freshmen defencemen since Brian Leetch...

Stepan Falkovsky is a 6'7 D man that just put up 2 points per game over his last ten in the ECHL. 11 goals in his last nine games.

You think that's bottom ten? You do realize we went and stockpiled draft picks for about 3 years right?

Are you under the impression that there are many teams who don't have an equivalent/better list?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Sadly, there's been 150+ posts and there's maybe 10 that have actual trade suggestions.

My question would be how many players that are actually available fit the Flames needs and make sense for a team currently on the bubble (ie: player with term). Would they actually pull the trigger on a higher end rental if the cost is a 1st?

I just question how much is out there that fits their needs/criteria for a deal?

trckrdr

Jan 31, 2013
Posts like this is why I say your going to embarrass yourselves. If this is what you think, then have God have mercy on your soul :laugh:

You keep stirring things up, but you haven't offered any real criticism. What's wrong with the post you quoted?

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Sadly, there's been 150+ posts and there's maybe 10 that have actual trade suggestions.

My question would be how many players that are actually available fit the Flames needs and make sense for a team currently on the bubble (ie: player with term). Would they actually pull the trigger on a higher end rental if the cost is a 1st?

I just question how much is out there that fits their needs/criteria for a deal?

Probably not much. Treliving is always being described as active, he's always got his hands in everything, but that's not always an indication that there's actually something that makes sense. But it's also how he's able to do things like get Hamilton out of nowhere. I personally would be surprised if this rumour turns into anything other than his usual offloading of over the hill UFA's

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

Not for a rental, but in the right hockey deal, it's possible. For example, maybe Bjorkstrand?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad