Friedman: Treliving looking at buying at the deadline

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Friedman on HNIC says Treliving has his hands in a lot of things in terms of buying at the deadline. Says he is one of the more active GMs right now.

He is going to **** something up.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
Treliving is a super smart GM (aside from the Brouwer signing). If he makes a move, it's going to be a move that helps us now AND in the future.

He's gone on record saying he's not giving up assets for rentals.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Cammalleri @ ??% retention for a cap dump + prospect that's become redundant + 2nd/3rd round pick depending on the previous two pieces?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hansen for 2018 1st and 2017 5th and C prospect

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Treliving is a super smart GM (aside from the Brouwer signing). If he makes a move, it's going to be a move that helps us now AND in the future.

He's gone on record saying he's not giving up assets for rentals.

You'd think a super smart GM could find a competent goaltender.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Who are Calgary's owners? I thought they had like 9 different people who owned them.

This sounds like Owner making this call to be buying.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Cammalleri @ ??% retention for a cap dump + prospect that's become redundant + 2nd/3rd round pick depending on the previous two pieces?

dont like cammy but id feel bad for him. he doesnt like calgary at all but keeps getting traded there and having to wait til ufa

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Treliving never struck me as the short sighted type so I wouldn't expect any rentals. Likely trying to take advantage of some trigger happy GM and/or the expansion draft

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Hold on, a GM without a contract for next season and his team currently on the playoff bubble, is prepared to go out and buy at the deadline?

That sounds like a man trying to save his job. I wonder how much auntonomy he really has to make decisions.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I could see us trading Kulak for a UFA defencemen. We can't protect him and no one else has really any value in expansion. Might as well get something for him.

Like B. Smith or Kulikov

For

Kulak

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
JvR?

Who you got on D that we might like?
IMO they only have defensemen they won't want to give up (Giordano Brodie Hamilton) or defensemen worth much less than JVR (Kulak Jokipakka and AHL prospects).

Flames fans could maybe see Kylington or Andersson as a starting point for JVR, but I'd really rather pursue a bigger fish elsewhere.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Hold on, a GM without a contract for next season and his team currently on the playoff bubble, is prepared to go out and buy at the deadline?

That sounds like a man trying to save his job. I wonder how much auntonomy he really has to make decisions.

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean, he's on an expiring contract, so adding assets for next season doesn't really serve his purpose, if he might not be there.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
You'd think a super smart GM could find a competent goaltender.

[MOD]

Everyone praised the Flames when he traded for Elliott. He obviously didn't turn out as expected but he's been fantastic lately. Johnson was an excellent signing despite being a bit inconsistent but he was brought in to be a great backup, which he has been.

When you have Wideman, Engelland and Jokipakka occupying your #4-#6 D spots, you are screwed

Last edited by a moderator:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If it's the Leafs, I want to get CGY first.
Have them miss the playoffs and win thr lottery.
Brian Burke finally pays us back for thr Kessel deal!

In all seriousness what they need/familiarity could be a JVR or Komarov or Bozak.
Any (at 50%) should be a solid return!
Also have room to take short term salary back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad