Travis Konecny - What's wrong?

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
It could be argued that he performed much better last year than he has this year. The same could be said about the entire Flyers offense obviously, but I have noticed an obvious decline in Konecny's overall play this year.

Can Flyers fans explain? I've always had a soft spot for his kid, so I'm a bit concerned. He may still hit about the same point totals as last year, however Flyers fans have said that his play has dropped.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
To me he’s still a developing player playing on a not very good team. Not the most conducive situation for a young player to shine.

Reactions: EightyOne

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley
It could be argued that he performed much better last year than he has this year. The same could be said about the entire Flyers offense obviously, but I have noticed an obvious decline in Konecny's overall play this year.

Can Flyers fans explain? I've always had a soft spot for his kid, so I'm a bit concerned. He may still hit about the same point totals as last year, however Flyers fans have said that his play has dropped.

Actually he has been one of the bright spots on the team this year. He has consistency issues, but when he's using his speed and being physical he is at his best. He also hit a shit ton of posts this year and doesn't get PP1 time. Also Hakstol ruined him thorwing him under the bus constantly, and misusing him. Now he's gone he has shown signs of getting back to himself.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He was possibly the Flyers 2nd/3rd best forward through ~30 games or so.

Still playing fine, but has hit iron like 6 times and been moved around the line-up. He gets more shots 5v5 than any other Flyer, and more scoring chances 5v5 than any other Flyer.

Plus look at his 5v5 production, it is fine, over 2.00 P/60 this year, just he is not on PP1, and Flyers PP somehow sucks anyway.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
The Flyers are unbelievably bad this year. People may disagree, but to me it all starts in the net. If there is no stability in the net, everything melts down.

Reactions: IlikeEich

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The Flyers are unbelievably bad this year. People may disagree, but to me it all starts in the net. If there is no stability in the net, everything melts down.

Truth. Tough to get offense going and play your best when you have that concern in the back of your mind.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
A mix of bad luck (just in general, plus he's hit like 10 posts), bad coaching (went from a coach who hated skill players and had a horrible system, to an interim AHL coach with no system), and bad usage (being severely underused... played only 12 minutes last night. Anywhere between 10-16 is normal).

Nothing at all to worry about. He's a great player.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

We've had Hart for 11 games now and he's been mostly good/great and we still suck.

I honestly don't know what's broke. Maybe they're already on the beach.

Jetsfan87

Aug 24, 2015
Ontario
Every game I've seen (not many flyers games but Konecy is from my area so try to catch the odd game) he has looked pretty good, still a young player learning the NHL game but the Flyers are such a dumpster fire its hard to get results. Also probably didnt help that prior to Hakstols firing he seemed to juggle the lines way too much. Hard to have good chemistry when you're playing on a different line every night

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
A mix of bad luck (just in general, plus he's hit like 10 posts), bad coaching (went from a coach who hated skill players and had a horrible system, to an interim AHL coach with no system), and bad usage (being severely underused... played only 12 minutes last night. Anywhere between 10-16 is normal).Nothing at all to worry about. He's a great player.
You too suffer from the Kotkaniemi syndrome? :) NHL stats say 5 posts. Shooting % at 10, seems normal too.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
We've had Hart for 11 games now and he's been mostly good/great and we still suck.

I honestly don't know what's broke. Maybe they're already on the beach.
11 games is not enough. When Vasi started with Tampa as their #1, I remember the team being pretty shaky in front of him. Same with Hank in NY back in the day. In addition to goaltending, your young D needs to be streamlined. The talent is there, but IMO other than Provorov (as horrible as he's been this year), everyone is expendable. Try to sign Stralman to play with Provy. Or perhaps get another guy from Tampa who will become available if Stralman resigns. Retain Ghost to play on 2nd pair. Send Hagg and MacDonald far far away. Figure out the rest. On offense, Simmer may unfortunately be done, and Voracek IMO quits on the team the moment things go wrong. Take a run at Panarin in the off-season, Stone perhaps, or even Tarasenko at the trade deadline. You have the pieces, but you have some bad apples too unfortunately

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He has the 4th most points on our team. Still producing at over .5PPG.

What do you mean what’s wrong? The whole team is having a down year. He just isn’t playing like he was last year... hitting, shit talking, and some antics.

There are a plethora of other players on this team to choose from that would fit the bill of “what’s wrong with X”.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Lots of Sens fans were talking about how the team should have drafted him over White. That's not looking so truthful now.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Lots of Sens fans were talking about how the team should have drafted him over White. That's not looking so truthful now.

5v5:

Konecny: 2.03 P/60, 54.43% Corsi, +5.71 Corsi rel
White: 2.14 P/60, 47.24% Corsi, +4.12 Corsi rel

They have seemingly performed pretty evenly overall this season... and Konecny already has last year under his belt too, where he scored at 1st line level 5v5.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
5v5:

Konecny: 2.03 P/60, 54.43% Corsi, +5.71 Corsi rel
White: 2.14 P/60, 47.24% Corsi, +4.12 Corsi rel

They have seemingly performed pretty evenly overall this season... and Konecny already has last year under his belt too, where he scored at 1st line level 5v5.

I'm just saying it's not so Black and White (get it) anymore. Does Travis play center for you guys?

Reactions: Appleyard

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's fine. Team just needs more structure and better coaching. Firing Hextall was a monumental mistake IMO.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I feel like this is a carbon copy of the Nolan Patrick thread the other day....

Konecny is a developing player on a struggling team. How much more can realistically be asked of him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad