Injury Report: Dermott Shoulder Injury - Babcock plans back Saturday in Ottawa

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
You are being argumentative. I base my points entirely on facts. McQuaid has never given up a playoff goal in last 2 minutes ever to tie or lose a game. And he has won a Cup. He knows how to do it. He has those skill sets.

Gards has lost a couple. Rielly has never had the chance yet.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Came looking for info on Dermott's injury, and I find talk of McQuaid???
If only a taser could be used through the internet! Zap everyone into thread topic compliance!

I hope Dermott is starting to feel better too! ;)

Reactions: Jeypic

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I was on board for acquiring McQuaid based on his physicality and RHD....and a fellow east coaster. But he is in no way a 'game changer' for a series with the Bruins. If anything, he would be a liability against his former homegrown club.

Regarding Dermott, is the type of injury known? Dislocated shoulder, broken clavicle?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
doesnt even play much for cbj.
He is not an everyday player anymore. I would not dress him against Tampa. It would be a bad match. But against Boston's 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines he knows exactly how to handle them. 2 completely different teams to match up against. They each play completely different games with completely different personnel. The Bruins play a traditional half ice 5 man small ice game with a hard forecheck and a centre high neutral zone trap. This is exactly perfect for McQuaid's style. Puck gets shot into corner or behind net. He absorbs the hit, controls the attacker and uses his feet to move puck to centre for support. We move out perfectly. In a free flow game like against Boston's line 1 he is too slow much like Hainsey. Much like Tampa does against Boston with Coburn. It works perfect virtually every time.

Reactions: ToneDog

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No timeline for Gardiner. Depends if he requires surgery or not.

Dermott should be back by late March/early April at the earliest.

How do you have surgery for spasms? Just start shooting him up and get him back in.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Oh good cause I thought I heard someone say he had a bulging disk. That is painful. and takes time but most of time it goes back in place on its own with therapy.

I would think with spasms they would shoot him up so he does not feel the pain on the ice.

I had a back bruise once for a couple weeks after hit by a puck in small of back and I could not get comfortable in any position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad