Injury Report: Dermott Shoulder Injury - Babcock plans back Saturday in Ottawa

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This.

The big miss was Jensen who has looked great in Washington and Detroit

yeah jensen is a solid defensive dman - but from the sounds of it, Detroit was equating Bowey with Liljegren, which was silly, as Bowey stinks.

that being said, jensen isn't a muzzin-level impact player. he's solidified the caps' bottom pairing, but not much more than that.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
One play does not make a player. McQuaid is not good.

You've become so obsessed with the idea of "toughness" that you're advocating for making our team actively worse (and giving up assets to do so) just so we can have "more balls," whatever the **** that means.
More balls means stepping in front of a OVI bomb with 2 minutes left to preserve a win. It means taking a beating on the glass where you lose a tooth eating puck on the wall to preserve a win in playoffs against Boston. It means standing up to Chara when he wipes out Rielly in front of net and he can't get up and no penalty called. It means shooting a puck past Marchand's ear when he licks Matty. If you never played you would never know. But there is so much more than pure fighting.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It is probably a good thing that Gards is out for round 1 against Bruins. But getting back Dermott is critical. We could use Gards in round 2 against Tampa so that should be the target date for Gards.

Reactions: ToneDog

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Last I heard last week was that there were 2 issues. Not good. Gards may have to take a shorter deal if he has a serious back injury.
HOT TAKE: Yes he has two issues:

One with his back. The other in his head. I think he is mentally broken. Mental health is a serious issue.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Ladt week it was revealed whatever has him out now is not what had him out earlier. Its a different issue. Thats the latest.
Back spasm's vs Disk problem? Could be a back issue still. I think they keep him out until the very last minute. What is scary is as a UFA he could really screw up his chances at a big payday with another team if he comes back too early and messes up his back. But he will also want to show everyone that its not going to keep him out long term (like half a season). This week is supposed to go along way to answering these questions.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
More balls means stepping in front of a OVI bomb with 2 minutes left to preserve a win. It means taking a beating on the glass where you lose a tooth eating puck on the wall to preserve a win in playoffs against Boston. It means standing up to Chara when he wipes out Rielly in front of net and he can't get up and no penalty called. It means shooting a puck past Marchand's ear when he licks Matty. If you never played you would never know. But there is so much more than pure fighting.

Polak did all that, and is a better actual defenseman, and we didnt win a series with him

Reactions: LeafsLegendAkiBerg

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Ladt week it was revealed whatever has him out now is not what had him out earlier. Its a different issue. Thats the latest.

So the information is basically a black hole, that's what I thought. If really feels like he's not coming back this season which is a crippling blow to our cup chances. :(

It is probably a good thing that Gards is out for round 1 against Bruins. But getting back Dermott is critical. We could use Gards in round 2 against Tampa so that should be the target date for Gards.

No, not even close.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Polak did all that, and is a better actual defenseman, and we didnt win a series with him
No he never did. Polak never imposed fear in hearts of anyone. Yes he was tough but he did not have heart to win a Cup. McQuaid has ZERO fear. And he has made those exact plays before to win a Cup.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON

A: McQuaid shouldn't be on the ice in the final 2 minute to preserve a win, unless your Reilly, Hainsey, Muzzin, Gardiner are not available
B: Really?
C: This get used way too much on here. If you "played" you know you should fire a puck at an opponents head for agitating (licking). What level do they teach/do this..... D level rec 101?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Saturday I think during the second intermission Chris Johnston was saying that this is going to be the important week for Gardiner where they should have a better idea on a timeline for his return.

Hmm, that's interesting I guess. Still super vague though so I'm not getting my hopes up.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
A: McQuaid shouldn't be on the ice in the final 2 minute to preserve a win, unless your Reilly, Hainsey, Muzzin, Gardiner are not available
B: Really?
C: This get used way too much on here. If you "played" you know you should fire a puck at an opponents head for agitating (licking). What level do they teach/do this..... D level rec 101?
The OHL AHL and NHL it happens every day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad